Goldfinch

Need help on my sad complicated case

107 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's not so incredible that people here will get involved with someone from another country to get money from them. I have heard of several instances of this and these people are called grifters, and their whole guise is to convince their victims of their sincerity in order to scam them of money.

Yes yes, there are criminals in all countries.. People on both the petitioner and beneficiary sides commit fraud. It is very rare that the petitioner is aware and the beneficiary is not. When it does happen it is almost always a male petitioner bringing in a young female that is being targeted for sex trafficking.

In this case there is a third party making money by charging immigrants to get a GC. There is no reason for this person to use a USC to lure a foreigner in.. He has a large supply of immigrants willing to pay. The difficult task is finding a willing USC. When you read the stories of those that have been caught selling green cards they spend most of their time either paying or duping USCs for the long list of clients they have waiting. We already know that this was not a “grifter” as the third party person went to prison for bringing others here for money. If both sides are in on the con then the likelyhood of it getting reported is zero.

To the OP: Here is the deal.. When people post grey-line questions on this site I notice that most of them leave out a lot of important detail and almost never have a time-line filled/country out. This is always a red flag that there is much more to the story.

I do not believe you did not know that you were paying a third party person for a GC. I think you were aware, the USC was aware, and of course the third party was aware. This may or may not be the case but assume that the CO feels the same way.. How do you convince him or her otherwise? That is going to be your challenge.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Of course I am not gonna tell the consul all the details I am just gonna say I did a fraud and that's it but u asked for details and I am telling u what happened I know it might be hard for u to believe , like it's hard to believe that my new fiencee I met online and within 2 weeks she traveled the half world from the deep south to a country which most Americans would be terrified just to hear its name , we were in love by talking to each other online in just 2 weeks and she came and we met and spent the best days of our lives that was 3 years ago and we are still together , talking on webcam every single day and we wanna get married even though we know that we will probably be denied wether it makes sense to you or not our love is so strong that we wanna do everything we could to make it work

if you want good advice from the people here on VJ then you need to give as much detail as you can, you need to be totally honest... and you need to do it all in one go because just telling parts of a story here and there and going backwards and forwards in time is just confusing every one i think

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Timeline

By the way the CO who interviewed me was more assuring than all of you , he said that I should be fine after I marry my fience and she applies for a waiver of hardship , there is an office near the american embassy here who told me he had done many waivers applications and most of them were approved his advice was even if u were 100% innocent say it was fraud and u are sorry for that and it was all ur fault

Filed: Country:
Timeline
By the way the CO who interviewed me was more assuring than all of you , he said that I should be fine after I marry my fience and she applies for a waiver of hardship , there is an office near the american embassy here who told me he had done many waivers applications and most of them were approved his advice was even if u were 100% innocent say it was fraud and u are sorry for that and it was all ur fault

Seriously!?!?

A US Citizen working in the US Embassy in WHAT COUNTRY told you to commit blatant Fraud and even recommended an outside company to you?

If this is true then he is risking his job and freedom (as he's committing a Federal Crime)...

Seriously!?!?

A US Citizen working in the US Embassy in WHAT COUNTRY told you to commit blatant Fraud and even recommended an outside company to you?

If this is true then he is risking his job and freedom (as he's committing a Federal Crime)...

Do you really think a CO would say to someone "even if you're 100% innocent just say it's fraud and that you're sorry"? :whistle:

Not only would that be self-incrimination for the immigrant in the cases where there was actually fraud but in other cases that CO would be encouraging "innocent" persons to lie under oath at their interviews.

I think the OP must have misunderstood :whistle:

Do you really think a CO would say to someone "even if you're 100% innocent just say it's fraud and that you're sorry"? :whistle:

Not only would that be self-incrimination for the immigrant in the cases where there was actually fraud but in other cases that CO would be encouraging "innocent" persons to lie under oath at their interviews so that would would incriminate themselves.

I think the OP must have misunderstood :whistle:

Filed: Timeline

No no not the embassy I said there is a private office close to the embassy and it does all the paperwork for a fee he the owner of that office has 20 years experience in filing application on behalf of people for a fee , I wanted that office to do all the filing work and he was the one who said that he has files waivers application to the embassy and said that I should say its fraud and file a waiver

No no not the embassy I said there is a private office close to the embassy and it does all the paperwork for a fee he the owner of that office has 20 years experience in filing application on behalf of people for a fee , I wanted that office to do all the filing work and he was the one who said that he has files waivers application to the embassy and said that I should say its fraud and file a waiver

Ohhhh... Is he an immigration attorney?

Timeline

Go ahead and pay him to destroy whatever chance you may still have of getting through this process...

Just curious, what country are we talking about here. Let's put this conversation in some context...

Ohhhh... Is he an immigration attorney?

Sounds more like what they call a "Fixer' in the Philippines...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You haven't mentioned the country you are from. You seem to be hinting that its a high fraud country but there are many countries which are labelled as high fraud. The country my future husband is from is one of these.

Please list the country you are from if you would like to receive more individualized country-specific advice.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Go ahead and pay him to destroy whatever chance you may still have of getting through this process...

Just curious, what country are we talking about here. Let's put this conversation in some context...

Sounds more like what they call a "Fixer' in the Philippines...

Ohhhh...well I think the OP should just let us know what country he is in because every Embassy is different. He would also be wise to operate with transparency and avoid all middlemen except a highly qualified, experienced immigration attorney.

Timeline
Ohhhh...well I think the OP should just let us know what country he is in because every Embassy is different. He would also be wise to operate with transparency and avoid all middlemen except a highly qualified, experienced immigration attorney.

Ironically, the countries that do have Fixors also have IV units who know what to look out for to spot their work!

Can we make guesses? I vote Pakistan.

I am not sure why anyone would want to help someone who committed fraud, that is one thing I don't understand about this site.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't know whether you're telling the truth here. Your story is all over the place and it seems that you struggle in explaining it, which makes people suspicious. This may be an even more important reason for you to get a lawyer. A CO has minutes to make a decision, and if you come across as scattered as your posts are, it's not going to help you. I'm not trying to insult you here, we all have our strengths and weaknesses, but when you have a controversial case like yours, you absolutely need to be clear in how you communicate it (and of course honest). Get professional help, or that money you spend on a visa is likely going down the drain.

I have to concur with the professional help. You knowingly entered a fraudulent marriage to come to the U.S., left to avoid prosecution after filing for a green card, was "blackmailed" by your ex-wife (what was she blackmailing you with), your country is a 'war zone' that most Americans would be afraid to come to....your story is all over the place, and sounds suspect. If it truly is a case of youth & poor judgement, you need to be clear, honest, and seek professional help with your visa.

Timeline
Can we make guesses? I vote Pakistan.

I am not sure why anyone would want to help someone who committed fraud, that is one thing I don't understand about this site.

I'm thinking MENA/Muslim like either Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iraq...

FWIW, do you really think anyone here can help this person?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.