PaulV

Looking for advice re:co sponsor

19 posts in this topic

I had my medical on the 13th of January and all went well. Forms were sent my recorded delivery on the 4th of january, includong cover letter. Just waiting on my interview date. We were planning on marrying in April and have put a deposit down on a venue (this date can be moved if needed). I mentioned that on the cover letter and that if it would be possible to get a February interview date. What do you think the chances of this happening are? I don't mind a march date but February would give me more time to tie loose ends in the uk. Also is it through post or email you get your appointment date?

You have a good chance of a late February date. Nobody really knows. K1's normally get an interview letter.

Go over the document list for your interview again. When I re-read this old thread, from the questions you asked, it sounded like you hadn't really read and studied London's website and were getting your information from threads. Even this thread had some wrong information (I-864 for your interview is for spouse visas).

http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I don't think anything about your fiance's marriage/divorce is taken at the embassy. It's all about you and your documents and only the I-134 stuff from her. I'm sure I sent my former husband's death certificate because I was new and didn't know, but can't remember if they looked at it and I was there holding the docs. I'd bet a lot of money on NO they didn't. I'm certain that marriage certificates are only needed from people who are currently married to each other and getting spouse visas.

Just to say that when we went to the Embassy the CO did want to see my (the USC's) decree absolute from my first marriage. I'd bring it along (plus a copy) just in case if you have access to it. They did not need to see the marriage certificate from that marriage, however.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You have a good chance of a late February date. Nobody really knows. K1's normally get an interview letter.

Go over the document list for your interview again. When I re-read this old thread, from the questions you asked, it sounded like you hadn't really read and studied London's website and were getting your information from threads. Even this thread had some wrong information (I-864 for your interview is for spouse visas).

http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

I have read it, I think my issue is that once I feel secure I have everything I read somewhere else about needing previous marriage certificates etc that the embassy site does not mention. Likewise when I read people getting appointments through email and post which then makes me panic that i've forgot or had not read something. So I think I tend to post for reassurance and peace of mind more than anything. This site and everyone posting in this thread have certainly helped me so far whilst waiting on my NOA 2 and before my medical, I would have been a nervous wreck without everyone on here's help.

At the moment still waiting on my appointment date. I think once I know the embassy date i'll relax a hell of a lot more. We're still hoping for an April 7th wedding date but we can't finalise everything without the visa obviously. If the visa appointment is any later than mid march we'd have to move the date to July to give both our families enough notice with travelling etc. Here's hoping I hear back soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.