basitirfan

Approved in 1 Month

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i was in the hopes that in about 2 months NVC approves and by april or so i should get an interview date? is that estimate reasonable? i hope im not getting too ahead of myself

if you do your part and dnt get an RFE or something you shd be good to go with that timeline.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i have one more question..

I was previously married and my previous wife was also petitioned and obtained her green card through me. The marriage did not work out and we were separated for about a year and finally divorced was finalized in august of 2011. Would this have any issue at the consulate interview and is it advisable that i go with her or should i not go with my wife to the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

when should i start calling nvc to get a case number. I spoke to lawyer and he told me that usualy wait 2-3 weeks for further correspondence from nvc. I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly

I do think i should go to interview because my wife doesnt have much idea of what ive applied or any of the information that is on the application. I just dont want any complications arising at the interview

correspondence?

He wants to 'go postal' ?

Really?

OK OK - time to train him about the merits of using the TELEPHONE.

In essence, the USCitizen Spouse calls in to NVC, using the AVR, until ya hear of a NVC /Consulate Casefile number. Once you hear this new number, call back, get a Human,

then

give the NVC Human yer email address (on both of you) and then the AOS Fee bill will show up automagically via email within 5 days.

He's sorta right about waiting 2 to 3 weeks, though.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i was in the hopes that in about 2 months NVC approves and by april or so i should get an interview date? is that estimate reasonable? i hope im not getting too ahead of myself

The longest stage with the visa process is with USCIS. NVC goes by quick as long as you provide all of the required documentation. Your interview will be just around the corner......sooner than you think.

Congrats on your quick NOA2. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i have one more question..

I was previously married and my previous wife was also petitioned and obtained her green card through me. The marriage did not work out and we were separated for about a year and finally divorced was finalized in august of 2011. Would this have any issue at the consulate interview and is it advisable that i go with her or should i not go with my wife to the interview.

Your ex-wife could be a red flag as well as your recent divorce and the close proximity of your new marriage. Your wife needs to be prepared to answer the questions related to your previous marriage.

It is always a good idea to be with your spouse on the day of her interview if you are able to do so.

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats!!! for your approval :thumbs:

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

my lawyer is pretty trained in the new online services thus im hoping that everything goes smooth. I just plan that by some miracle interview comes around march thus i can take a little vacation too with my wife and explore the city of montreal.

Montreal has a backlog of several months. I wouldn't expect an interview before May, at the very earliest.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey I filed for my canadian citizen wife for a I-130 in November. Got NOA1 on November 14th and today got the approval in the mail with decision on December 15th, 2011.

What news, for today?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.