tsr1501

Any filipinas in OHIO?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Lhet,

Mabuti naman ako,salamat. Kumusta ka din? Ako nga 2 lang kakilala kong pinay dito,di kasi ako palalabas :-). San nga ba kayo dito sa OH? Di ko mahanap yong profile mo sa FB.magsend ako ng request sayo.

Hello Po,

Buti pa po kayo meron ako ni isa wala man lang kakilala na Filipina dito.. Ang hirap po talaga... Napapagod na ako sa kakaenglish na balibaliko.....hehehehehehe

Timeline

Hello fellow Daytonians? Gina and I - Mike will be flying back to our home in Dayton, Ohio in April 2014. It will be Gina's first trip to Ohio and the USA. I am sure she will get homesick from her family and friends. I'm sure she will miss them and her native Filipina people in general. I know she would welcome having have any Filipina friends in Dayton. We will look for and try to join any "Fil-Am" organizations and clubs, and look to shop at any Asian markets there. Gina said to feel free to contact her on her email at gbm_1763@yahoo.com

• 1 year later...
Timeline

hi guys my name is Grace...and i arrived here in US last May 29... It's my first time to be here in the Land of The Free...my husband and i are living here in Wellington Ohio... i'm kinda wondering if there's a Filipino Community out herein my area... I've got no friends here for now and I don't go out that much... it's a new world for me out here...and i am trying to find some people whom i can make friends with and basically can talk to in my own filipino tongue... thanks.

here's my facebook account https://www.facebook...graceydisler...please add me up and hopefully i can find some filipino groups in facebook. thank you so much God Bless.

• 11 months later...
Timeline

Magandang Umaga people,

Just got my fiancé stateside a couple weeks ago and she's having a hard time being alone all day and while I work and muster the funds for the fee so she can work also.

I'm 31 and she's 25, looking for some friends in the Cleveland area, call or text me @ 254-383-3996

-Steve

Hang out at a local Asian Market. You'll be sure to meet some Filipinas that way.

Search for Catholic churches that have Tagalog masses.

Google is your friend... try different search terms.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi I'm jhen from the philippines and I am currently studying here taking up AB. PSYCHOLOGY and I'm planning to work abroad specifically at Ohio next year after I graduated because I saw some job opening at Ohio and can I ask how to get a working visa because I'm confuse If I need to get tourist visa first and then I will get working visa there in Ohio ofcourse if I got hired or Should I get working visa instead of tourist visa ? THANK YOU

Start your search here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/employment.html

You'll never get a tourist visa. I think you will want to pursue an H1B visa.

Good luck and let me know if you find employment in Columbus. Lots of crazy people here that could use a shrink, haha. Good luck in your search.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

• 4 years later...
On 12/17/2011 at 8:09 AM, tsr1501 said:

My wife is starting to get a little homesick. I only know a couple of Filipinas in our area(we are meeting them New Years Eve). I was hoping to be able to find some Filipinas my wife could correspond with. I think it would really make her feel better. We were married 12-14-11. I know not having her family with her for the wedding bothered her and I am not sure what else I can do to make her feel better. I think having other Filipinas to talk with or email would definitely help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Todd

Hi Todd,

I know this post is a bit old but just wanted to see if your wife would like to connect with my Mom who’s also lonely. My Dad passed away 2 years ago and she now lives in the Columbus area near us and has no friends. My Mom is Visayan, has a great sense of humor and is a wonderful cook! 

many thanks,

stella 

Angelica and I are on the North side of Columbus. Just drop a note here if your wife wants to have her contact information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.