EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

With the Grace of Allah, my status in the ceac website shows ISSUED after 94 days in AP my visa got issued now waiting to get my passport with visa stamped on it.

I pray for all who are still in AP that there wait ends soon. Please have faith in Allah and always remain positive that it will end soon. I know its very hard but patience is the key and the reqards come..

Plz remember me in your prayers.

Congrats! Were you applying for spousal visa?

Timeline

Virgo2012,

My husband had to do a second medical and he paid the full price.

Sam & Wag,

I think the Ombudsmans office is only for USCIS stuff in USA. I do not know of any office that can help with AP. You can write a letter of complaint and address it to President Obama at the White House and it will be transferred to the Department of State and if you include your address and case number they will write back to you in 30 days. On the White House website you can also send an email but I decided to send a written letter and the State Department did send me a letter back.

carolynhotstuff...or anyone else know....any one recently inquired aboout there case through email from isl embassy,i emailed them last monday,last week, but no response jsut to confirm few things beacuse my documents are xpiring in AP mid of august, that us embassy islamabad is still asking for new pcc because i heard that they are not accepting pakistani pcc any more and also on nvc website i found this.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9713

Police Records

"Not available. Pakistan has no nationwide tracking system in place for criminal activities. Police Character Certificates are available for a fee from District Coordinating Offices. However, they are not an accurate reflection of an individual's criminal record. An applicant who has committed a crime in one district may be able to obtain a clean Character Certificate from that district or another. Given the inaccuracy of these certificates, they are not required for consular processing."

Edited by virgo2012

Timeline

carolynhotstuff...or anyone else know....any one recently inquired aboout there case through email from isl embassy,i emailed them last monday,last week, but no response jsut to confirm few things beacuse my documents are xpiring in AP mid of august, that us embassy islamabad is still asking for new pcc because i heard that they are not accepting pakistani pcc any more and also on nvc website i found this.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9713

Police Records

"Not available. Pakistan has no nationwide tracking system in place for criminal activities. Police Character Certificates are available for a fee from District Coordinating Offices. However, they are not an accurate reflection of an individual's criminal record. An applicant who has committed a crime in one district may be able to obtain a clean Character Certificate from that district or another. Given the inaccuracy of these certificates, they are not required for consular processing."

This is exactly what I was told by Nvc last month!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

There has again been an update on the same case no. that was updated earlier this month and once again it has been according to Pakistan time. 3 of the 5 are yet to see any updated dates...

Timeline

Zeeshanahmad,

Congratulations on finally getting your visa!

SM 2010,

The letter from the State Department was helpful. It gave me a history of my case and told me the exact date my case arrived back at the embassy. I didn't know the date. Having the date allows me to track how long we have been in AP.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have tried the Ombudsman route with no luck! :(

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (Ombudsman’s Office) has reviewed your inquiry.

Pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, our office assists individuals and employers in resolving problems with USCIS. We have determined that your difficulty concerns a matter that is not within the jurisdiction of our office. Accordingly, your request for assistance with the Ombudsman's Office has been closed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.