EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my friends i reaaly like her too much even that was not love marriage but we are very closed after our engagment,but thing is that not me saying that i have to take bakc my case my fiance family is not looking interested now coz her father is in serious condition he said he want to do her marriage early ,we told him send her in pakistan i will do marriage here then i got visa we both will come there,but they are not willing to come in pakistan just tthey want in usa,things are not going wrong from my side i am with her ever,but if her father or other family member wants to colse this chapter is it my fault:( my purpose was not just get the green card through my own way i have a good education from uk and pakistan through that way i can any country immigration easily,

now auestion is that friends if they dont want to have this realtion more can i have choice to do marriage anywhere coz i have alot our family in uk and france they are interested in me,but GOD knows that i was 100% sincere with my fiance,this long AP is effecting on my life

Oh Sorry, I apologize. 7 years is a long time to wait to start your family. I am sorry for your lost time and I hope your family can arrange another marriage for you from the UK where it seems quicker to immigrate.

May God Bless you deeply for your patience

Yes you can have another relation again and I am sure after waiting 7 years for a fiance visa will not affect your ability to marry another.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Seems like a lot of people jumping the gun and assuming things recently in this forum...

Sometimes it is best to ask some questions and be sympathetic towards someone - not arrogant and throw accusations at someone when you dont know the back story.

I understand the process sucks - waiting sucks - my wife and i waited 2 years after we got married before she got her visa to come to the US.

But people - be patient and be sympathetic....

Furthermore - how does our own personal AP get affected by someone else who has received a green card??

For whatever reason the Embassy puts people into AP - it is because they are looking at the case in front of them - not because of other cases.

If you think otherwise, then you are mistaken - you should research the term AP and the Foreign affairs manual - freely available on the internet.

There are many reasons why AP is performed and why it can take a variable amount of time based on the individual's case.

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Seems like a lot of people jumping the gun and assuming things recently in this forum...

Sometimes it is best to ask some questions and be sympathetic towards someone - not arrogant and throw accusations at someone when you dont know the back story.

I understand the process sucks - waiting sucks - my wife and i waited 2 years after we got married before she got her visa to come to the US.

But people - be patient and be sympathetic....

Furthermore - how does our own personal AP get affected by someone else who has received a green card??

For whatever reason the Embassy puts people into AP - it is because they are looking at the case in front of them - not because of other cases.

If you think otherwise, then you are mistaken - you should research the term AP and the Foreign affairs manual - freely available on the internet.

There are many reasons why AP is performed and why it can take a variable amount of time based on the individual's case.

I am happy your wife got her visa in 4 days without AP. I am happy it only took you 2 years to upgrade her category to IR1

Also, appologize that I jumped the gun on this one but some women respond emotionally and if someone has been personally affected due to their own experience or friends experiences of being scammed, they tend to look for the flags they may have missed during their own process

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Virgo2012,

My husband had to do a second medical and he paid the full price.

Sam & Wag,

I think the Ombudsmans office is only for USCIS stuff in USA. I do not know of any office that can help with AP. You can write a letter of complaint and address it to President Obama at the White House and it will be transferred to the Department of State and if you include your address and case number they will write back to you in 30 days. On the White House website you can also send an email but I decided to send a written letter and the State Department did send me a letter back.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

plzzzzzz can someone tell me urgently that my fiancee send first send islamabad embassy email for withdraw of application,now that family is again wants to run this relation plz can someone tell me that what i have to do urgently for stopping the withdraw of application

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

plzzzzzz can someone tell me urgently that my fiancee send first send islamabad embassy email for withdraw of application,now that family is again wants to run this relation plz can someone tell me that what i have to do urgently for stopping the withdraw of application

Timeline

As many of you know I have been trying for almost 4 years to get my husband over here. There have been times when I felt like giving up but my love for my husband and my faith in God has kept me going. I'm sure over the years there have been people that have told my husband to give up on me but he is strong and he loves me very much.

I know that AP has broken up many couples. It's a hard and lonely process. They have you waiting months or years not knowing if a visa will be given after all the waiting. My husband and I were so happy when our case was reaffirmed never thinking that the embassy would put us back in AP again this time for over a year and counting. When your case is reaffirmed you are supposed to get another interview but we are still waiting for that. In March there was a lot of activity on our case. The embassy asked for new documents, a medical and my husband's passport. Again we got excited and after spending a lot of money got them all they asked for sent in April. The last time they worked on our case was April 25th according to the ceac website. 2 men came around his neighborhood asking questions like what kind of person was he and had he ever been in trouble with the law but still the date has not changed on the ceac website.

When I read about a couple that breaks up because of AP or because they didn't get the visa it hurts me but I am determined to wait out the embassy. Even after 4 years there are still people that say my husband only married me to get a visa or they say when he gets here he will leave me. I have learned to ignore those people and keep fighting for our visa. I am so happy I have you guys on the forum to wait with and we need to encourage each other more.

Timeline

ahmadjutt,

If she wants to withdraw the petition for the visa there is nothing you can do to stop it with the embassy. You must talk to her and get her to change her mind and not cancel the petition. That is the only thing you can do.

I feel so bad for you and I am sorry this is happening to you. I will always try to answer any of your questions.

Only she can re send an email to embassy to continue process the case and not to withdraw..

As many of you know I have been trying for almost 4 years to get my husband over here. There have been times when I felt like giving up but my love for my husband and my faith in God has kept me going. I'm sure over the years there have been people that have told my husband to give up on me but he is strong and he loves me very much.

I know that AP has broken up many couples. It's a hard and lonely process. They have you waiting months or years not knowing if a visa will be given after all the waiting. My husband and I were so happy when our case was reaffirmed never thinking that the embassy would put us back in AP again this time for over a year and counting. When your case is reaffirmed you are supposed to get another interview but we are still waiting for that. In March there was a lot of activity on our case. The embassy asked for new documents, a medical and my husband's passport. Again we got excited and after spending a lot of money got them all they asked for sent in April. The last time they worked on our case was April 25th according to the ceac website. 2 men came around his neighborhood asking questions like what kind of person was he and had he ever been in trouble with the law but still the date has not changed on the ceac website.

When I read about a couple that breaks up because of AP or because they didn't get the visa it hurts me but I am determined to wait out the embassy. Even after 4 years there are still people that say my husband only married me to get a visa or they say when he gets here he will leave me. I have learned to ignore those people and keep fighting for our visa. I am so happy I have you guys on the forum to wait with and we need to encourage each other more.

i agree ...i think my case is one of the examples where myself and my wife both struggled and still struggling to run our life cycle and not have AP thing effect our lives...i m in AP past 7 years IR1 just resubmitted medical n PCC and photos again a month ago after a long AP...for couples who cannot wait in AP they should not get engaged or married i think from now onward all conditions should be discussed prior to getting in relation....

Timeline

Virgo2012,

My husband had to do a second medical and he paid the full price.

Sam & Wag,

I think the Ombudsmans office is only for USCIS stuff in USA. I do not know of any office that can help with AP. You can write a letter of complaint and address it to President Obama at the White House and it will be transferred to the Department of State and if you include your address and case number they will write back to you in 30 days. On the White House website you can also send an email but I decided to send a written letter and the State Department did send me a letter back.

Thanks carolyn for responding. I wish there was also a department for AP as well. I did write an email of complain to the White House a month ago but didn't get a response. Yesterday I mailed out letters to both the White House and DOS (Bureau of Consular Affairs). Hopefully, I will hear back something now in a month. I know I talked about sending the hardship letter to the embassy. I am not sure if anyone was able to send it successfully. My husband went to office of Speedex and they told him that they no longer send mails to the embassy since the blasphemous cartoon incident (?). Then he tried FedEx, TCS, DHL and they all said no. Final option was American Express service who claimed that they only send embassy the mail if embassy is requesting documents. Not otherwise. I wrote my hardship letter in some what of a same format as the people who are filing for waivers so it took me a while to gather all my supporting documents. I'm sending that via fed ex from USA now. I don't know if it will do anything but here to hoping and praying someone listens. Edited by Sam&Waq

Timeline

My husband was able to send my letter to the ambassador by Speedex in Sialkot. It arrived at the embassy and was processed today because the ceac website updated today.

I do not know what this blasphemous cartoon incident is either. Your husband tried very hard to get your hardship information to the embassy and may God bless him for his efforts. I also hope and pray someone will listen.

Timeline

Carolyn, what did the state department say in the letter? I hope you don't mind me asking. I mean were they helpful or was it a waste of time?

Carolyn, what did the state department say in the letter? I hope you don't mind me asking. I mean were they helpful or was it a waste of time?

CvOzm4.png

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

With the Grace of Allah, my status in the ceac website shows ISSUED after 94 days in AP my visa got issued now waiting to get my passport with visa stamped on it.

I pray for all who are still in AP that there wait ends soon. Please have faith in Allah and always remain positive that it will end soon. I know its very hard but patience is the key and the reqards come..

Plz remember me in your prayers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.