EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Whatever you guys do I will follow you guys in front of people ... Make a plan for all of this Nightmare process... and I will be right there with you guys I am just tired of waiting and waiting and nothing from embassy they keep us apart like i have been waiting for my visa 5 years more them that and we are still love and together and we can't wait to be finally together to live our lifes let me know what we can do next please thank you everyone may allah help everyone on this horrible process amen

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i am not good in english writting .If anyone who is good in english please write letter in word document and send me the file

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So just checked out the link and I believe the best thing to do would be to post the petition and then create a Facebook page where we can post our stories for people to read and request our friends etc to sign the petition. InshAllah we can do this.

SM2010, I researched more about sites to start a petition after my original post. For the White House website, we must gather 25,000 signatures in 30 days in order to get reviewed by Administration officials. 100, 000 is just an end target I believe. Is that possible?

Beside the site that Mushashi posted, Change.Org is another good option where we can set the target number and write/post our stories.

Mushashi and Ebunoluwa, thank you for the feedback. I will reply in detail and post a final draft after work today. Could we decide on the official Petition Site?

Edited by Sam&Waq

Timeline

One has to be realistic.

If you go to immigrate2us.net you will see that they have gone this route when the numbers required were much much lower.

No harm, but to suggest anything would come up of it is foolish.

If you really wanted to do something then you need a lobbyist and a very large bank role, it is the American way.

If any of us had a bank balance to get a lobbyist, we would all be with our significant others as opposed to sitting here trying to figure out something and answering to the likes of you. And last I checked, immigrant2us holds majority of users who are filing waivers for their spouses for staying in U.S illegally. Are you saying that we are in the same boat as people who have failed to follow the law? Because that's more screwed up than I thought. Perhaps you are right that we are wasting our time to get a response from a White House lacky. But with the resources we have, what do you suggest we do? Give up? Forget our husbands and wives? What?

Timeline

SM2010, I researched more about sites to start a petition after my original post. For the White House website, we must gather 25,000 signatures in 30 days in order to get reviewed by Administration officials. 100, 000 is just an end target I believe. Is that possible?

Beside the site that Mushashi posted, Change.Org is another good option where we can set the target number and write/post our stories.

Mushashi and Ebunoluwa, thank you for the feedback. I will reply in detail and post a final draft after work today. Could we decide on the official Petition Site?

Correction: it's actually not 25,000 signatures in 30 days (example that Wikipedia is not a reliable source at all). On the White House Website, it says, " Remember you have just 30 days to get 100,000 signatures in order to get a response from the White House. And its up to you to get to 150 signatures in order for your petition to be publicly searchable on the We the People tool on WhiteHouse.gov." Apparently, they changed the number in 2013. (http://m.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/01/15/why-we-re-raising-signature-threshold-we-people)

Timeline

I personally know someone who wrote to the ambassador of the embassy of her husband's country. Within weeks her husband had his visa. She also received a phone call saying they were sorry for her long AP.

If the ambassador can't help us he knows someone in the embassy who can. I say try everything to bring your loved one home.

There will always be negative people on visa journey. When I filed my Writ of Mandamus I didn't post that on visa journey because I didn't want to hear the negative comments. I just went ahead and did it. For me the Writ of Mandamus worked but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. My point is you have a brain so use it. Make your own decisions about what is best for your case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you Sam&Waq.

I suggest we post on we the people and OFA (Organization for Action). Reason for picking ofa is because I have been receiving emails from them since the day Obama got elected till present day.

Once you put up the petition and I get the link, I will circulate it on Facebook

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If any of us had a bank balance to get a lobbyist, we would all be with our significant others as opposed to sitting here trying to figure out something and answering to the likes of you. And last I checked, immigrant2us holds majority of users who are filing waivers for their spouses for staying in U.S illegally. Are you saying that we are in the same boat as people who have failed to follow the law? Because that's more screwed up than I thought. Perhaps you are right that we are wasting our time to get a response from a White House lacky. But with the resources we have, what do you suggest we do? Give up? Forget our husbands and wives? What?

The similarity is both wanting change to the existing Immigration system, topics are different.

You occasionally see people stuck in AP in Mexico etc, but it is rare.

I was trying to explain how the system works, the recent bill passed by the Senate was not down to on line petitions.

In the US you pay to play, whether by donations or votes or both.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I personally know someone who wrote to the ambassador of the embassy of her husband's country. Within weeks her husband had his visa. She also received a phone call saying they were sorry for her long AP.

If the ambassador can't help us he knows someone in the embassy who can. I say try everything to bring your loved one home.

There will always be negative people on visa journey. When I filed my Writ of Mandamus I didn't post that on visa journey because I didn't want to hear the negative comments. I just went ahead and did it. For me the Writ of Mandamus worked but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. My point is you have a brain so use it. Make your own decisions about what is best for your case.

Hi Carolyn, Im trying to send you a PM but it isnt going through for some reason :(

Timeline

If you look under my profile you will see my email address I can be contacted there.

I do not know anyone that can help us except maybe the ambassador of the embassy if he takes an interest in your case. I took the embassy/Department of State to court with the Writ of Mandamus. I had been in AP close to 16 months. I could not afford a lawyer so I did the research online and went to the Federal court house and got the legal paperwork and filed it myself. Rather than go to court with me the Dept of State ordered the embassy to finish my case.

The embassy denied our visa because they said I was not legally married to my husband. I got a lawyer and proved them wrong. I won my appeal and my case was sent back to the embassy. The embassy put us back in AP where we have been for a year so far.

Islamabad embassy loves to put cases in AP then forget about them. i wish I did know someone who could help us all.

Timeline

I added the following suggestions. Mushashi, I left the spousal bit because there are people here in other categories besides CR-1. I think you should post it on Organization of Action since you are probably more familiar with it than I am. As for the White House Website, they require 100,000 signatures in thirty days. I dont know how I feel about that. I want to be realistic. Its better to make one petition and focus all of our attention on it than creating multiple ones. Another question that I have been struggling with is that who is our decision maker (who we are appealing to?) President? Prime Minister? Richard Olson? DOS? My two cents are that we make a petition and each time any of us send out an inquiry to a senator, congressman, white house or embassy include this petition with it to raise more awareness and to show that there are other people fighting for the same cause.

Draft 2

Administrative processing is a term used to describe a visa application that has been set aside for further review by the embassy.

Most administrative processing cases are resolved within 60-90 days after interview in most countries. However, the majority of the applicants in the Islamabad embassy of Pakistan have been waiting for months and years to get a response. During this long waiting period, the petitioner and beneficiary go through pain and suffer, as there is no time frame, access to any information, or deadlines. The DHS - Ombudsman department oversees the process if the USCIS takes longer than the given time frame but there is nobody to oversee the Administrative Processing. The embassy fails to provide any information to the petitioner or beneficiary except for a generic response that the case is still under administrative processing. 

While the reasons of establishing such procedure is understandable, it seems inhumane and out of proportion to put people in the prison of time just because they want to travel to the United States-- mostly to be with their loved ones, to add to economic or/and intellectual growth of the nation. It is thus evident that the US government, especially in the context of this problem, is yet to realize the delicate balance between securing borders and opening doors.

Please bring some transparency in this process to expedite it. Provide a clear explanation to the candidates that are put under admin processing. Give a deadline as to when the visa will be issued along with access to more information. Help alleviate the large backlog within the FBI and other agencies handling the security and background checks to make this a fair and reasonable process.

Timeline

One year and 4 days later our case that was denied has finally been sent back to the USCIS so that they can review it. The current wait time for that is 9 months. WAIT WAIT WAIT

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.