EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

the reply i got after making an inquiry regarding my case:

"Dear Applicant:
Please note that your visa application is under administrative processing. The Embassy cannot predict how long the processing may take; Please note that administrative processing can take up to 6 months or even longer. Please rest assured that as soon as the administrative processing is completed, the Embassy will contact you immediately using the contact information you provided in your DS-230 application form. If you have not heard from the Embassy after six months from the date of this response, you may send a follow-up inquiry
If your contact numbers or any information from your DS-230 has changed, please notify us using the Immigrant Visa Unit’s web-based e-mail submission form at http://islamabad.usembassy.gov (use the links Immigrant Visas ---> Contact Information --> Immigrant Visa Inquiries).
Yours truly,
Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section, American Embassy
Islamabad, Pakistan

You may also check on the status of your case at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/
"

:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When writing to the ambassador do you write a letter and mail it to him or is there a way to email?

I know. I was thinking about the same thing. When waiting for Carolyn to answer, I googled to see who the current ambassador is and whether their contact information is available. It used to be Sherry Rehman who resigned on May 19, 2013. I couldn't find any other information and then ended up on the U.S embassy link in Washington and realized that Dr. Asad M. Khan is listed under the ambassador. I am going to email the embassy as Carolyn suggested but also email him on the address listed below: dcm@embassyofpakistanusa.org. I figured what's the worst that can happen?

Source:

http://www.embassyofpakistanusa.org/keyofficers.php

Edited by Sam&Waq

I know. I was thinking about the same thing. When waiting for Carolyn to answer, I googled to see who the current ambassador is and whether their contact information is available. It used to be Sherry Rehman who resigned on May 19, 2013. I couldn't find any other information and then ended up on the U.S embassy link in Washington and realized that Dr. Asad M. Khan is listed under the ambassador. I am going to email the embassy as Carolyn suggested but also email him on the address listed below: dcm@embassyofpakistanusa.org. I figured what's the worst that can happen?

Source:

http://www.embassyofpakistanusa.org/keyofficers.php

JazakAllah Khair for the information. It was really helpful. But I thought the ambassador is Richard Olsen. On the islamabad embassy website it shows Richard Olsen. I guess we both will wait and see what carolyn says because I am a bit confused as to who to send the email to. But yes exactly, what the worst than can happen. Im probably going to send emails to the people listed on the link.

Edited by SJ24

Timeline

JazakAllah Khair for the information. It was really helpful. But I thought the ambassador is Richard Olsen. On the islamabad embassy website it shows Richard Olsen. I guess we both will wait and see what carolyn says because I am a bit confused as to who to send the email to. But yes exactly, what the worst than can happen. Im probably going to send emails to the people listed on the link.

You are probably right because someone in PM corrected me saying that the U.S ambassador in the Pakistani embassy will be contacted. I'm looking at it the other way around. I am assuming the Islamabad embassy doesn't list his (Richard Olson's) contact information. Does it? Surely there's a way besides emailing the embassy. I feel like they will just reply me with the same generic response.

Edited by Sam&Waq

Timeline

I don't think I write well but if you say so, I will do it however I alone cannot gather 2,500 people to sign it.

Will you help with that?

Musashii... iam really happy with your spirit and decision please start this petition we are with you,because its the time to wake up,donot know why they are doing this to us,why there is no time frame for AP in pakistan?we will sign this petition and we will get 2500 signs INSHALLAH keep your hope positive ,start and share link with every one plz.

Timeline

Musashii... iam really happy with your spirit and decision please start this petition we are with you,because its the time to wake up,donot know why they are doing this to us,why there is no time frame for AP in pakistan?we will sign this petition and we will get 2500 signs INSHALLAH keep your hope positive ,start and share link with every one plz.

I agree!

Timeline

When writing to the ambassador do you write a letter and mail it to him or is there a way to email?

SJ24..i researched alot to find out the email of US ambassador in pakistan MR RICHARD OLSON but there is nuthing much about him over the google or us embassy isl website,so best thing is that as you are discussing that we have to write the letter to him,i know it might work (not hopeful as got the standard reply from senetor,congressman and president house) but we have to write him,make him aware that why we are been punished for?as every time we call your DOS and email isl embassy we get always same answer that everything is ok.we dont need anything from your side,we are just doing some administrative processing.as i personally cant see any progress since march my case is freeze and all other vj members cases are frozen,what they are working on than,they are just punishing us being a pakistanis,as we can see over the tv and social media that MR OLSON has alot of time to visit pakistan than why he dont have time to work on the visa process.....please gather all of those who are in AP ask them to write him letter as much as they can....its the time we have to wake up and make them our about there justice with pakistanis.

Timeline

You are probably right because someone in PM corrected me saying that the U.S ambassador in the Pakistani embassy will be contacted. I'm looking at it the other way around. I am assuming the Islamabad embassy doesn't list his (Richard Olson's) contact information. Does it? Surely there's a way besides emailing the embassy. I feel like they will just reply me with the same generic response.

yes totally agree with you i have worked alot over the internet to find MR RICAHRD OLSON,S email but there is no contact number or email of mr ambassdor,so best thing is that we have to send him letter..because emailing to isl embassy is waste of time they only reply standard answer that they copy and paste to every one...really appreciate your efforts,please keep it up...

Timeline

@ Mushashi, if you write the petiton, I can help you edit/format it if you would like and I can certainly help get the signatures as well.

Thank you Virgo for letting me know that there isn't any contact information of the ambassador. I guess if worst comes to worst, I can have my husband mail out the letter to the embassy in Pakistan addressed to the ambassador.

Anyway, my cases was updated today. But I fear it's only because I wrote the letter to senator this past Friday. Blaaaah.

Edited by Sam&Waq

Timeline

@ Mushashi, if you write the petiton, I can help you edit/format it if you would like and I can certainly help get the signatures as well.

Thank you Virgo for letting me know that there isn't any contact information of the ambassador. I guess if worst comes to worst, I can have my husband mail out the letter to the embassy in Pakistan addressed to the ambassador.

Anyway, my cases was updated today. But I fear it's only because I wrote the letter to senator this past Friday,

iam really happy that still there is som one on vj to encourage each other to wake up now.see thats the problem they only update the case whenever we enquire about status,but if they are working on our cases then why they dont update without our inquiry......you are guiding us on vj to wake up i know ALLAH Is with us,hope we will hear good news soon INSHALLAH..

Timeline

I don't think I write well but if you say so, I will do it however I alone cannot gather 2,500 people to sign it.

Will you help with that?

I don't see mistakes in your writing, it looks good enough to me. I will forward that petition to everyone I know and ask them to forward it as well too.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

SJ24..i researched alot to find out the email of US ambassador in pakistan MR RICHARD OLSON but there is nuthing much about him over the google or us embassy isl website,so best thing is that as you are discussing that we have to write the letter to him,i know it might work (not hopeful as got the standard reply from senetor,congressman and president house) but we have to write him,make him aware that why we are been punished for?as every time we call your DOS and email isl embassy we get always same answer that everything is ok.we dont need anything from your side,we are just doing some administrative processing.as i personally cant see any progress since march my case is freeze and all other vj members cases are frozen,what they are working on than,they are just punishing us being a pakistanis,as we can see over the tv and social media that MR OLSON has alot of time to visit pakistan than why he dont have time to work on the visa process.....please gather all of those who are in AP ask them to write him letter as much as they can....its the time we have to wake up and make them our about there justice with pakistanis.

Yes definitely we have to write to him. Its becoming hard just sitting and doing nothing. If nothing else atleast all this will give us some peace of mind that we are doing something. I also tried to find his email some while back ago but couldnt find anything. Carolyn has contacted the embassador before so she will probably have the info on contacting him via letter or so. As you said, cases have been frozen since march, so has ours :( I dont understand what exactly are they doing. I hope we all see progress soon.

yes totally agree with you i have worked alot over the internet to find MR RICAHRD OLSON,S email but there is no contact number or email of mr ambassdor,so best thing is that we have to send him letter..because emailing to isl embassy is waste of time they only reply standard answer that they copy and paste to every one...really appreciate your efforts,please keep it up...

Yes i couldnt find an email either. And email as you said only gives the same generic response, copy and paste. I want to send the letter asap but where is the letter being sent to? I understand its being addressed to the ambassador but the address would be the embassy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.