EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What you need to ask yourself and your spouse is that what is more important to you?

Is it immigrating to the USA or is it being with your loved one?

All of us in AP have been waiting and waiting yet we don't have any clue when a visa will be issued or will it be issued or not?

Life in Pakistan is unpredictable, full of hardships and very tough but are we going to waste all the precious years in waiting when we could be together either in Pakistan or any third country, starting our family.

I had a heart to heart talk with my spouse and she is willing to let go of everything and come to Pakistan if I don't get a visa by January 2014 (it will be 9 months in AP by then) as we don't want to spend eternity waiting in this dark abyss of AP.

You know better what you want and what really is your goal. Just a food for thought.

Yes I agree with you. You have lots of patience that you are going to wait 9 months in AP. We are already disappointed and being impatient too. We won't wait any longer than 4 months. We will get together in Pakistan or in a third country soon

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

i advice every one Under Administrative Processing to email the embassy Twice a month,it is good,it shows that u still love each others

ask the embassy if they want more Relationship evedence,if they need the USC petionner to come to the embassy,show them that u hv a serious Relationship,it will helps u

good luck for u all

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We sent our petition to USCIS in Jan 2011 so Jan 2014 will make it 3 years struggling with this broken immigration system (9 months in AP). While I do pray and hope that the AP is over soon and they issue us visas but at the same time the realist in me says I shall cut my loss and let my wife come to me.

1. When our cases were with USCIS, We could at least contact congressman who could do more than just sending inquiries on our behalf. There was another department to oversee things on top of USCIS.

2. So after making us wait for an indefinite period of time during which we may be required to submit medical, police certificate and fresh tax papers, embassy may decide to decline your visa.

3. Then you wait and wait for them to send your case back (like EAbbas is waiting) and there is no telling when it will happen.

4. Tired of waiting? You could afford a lawyer and filed a writ of Mandamus. They return your file, you file NOIR and win. They put you in AP again. Once again, same #######. They can rinse and repeat this process over and over and there is nothing you can do about it, nobody you can complain to. Even Whitehouse will serve you same ####### in different wrapper.

So just keep waiting and waiting?

Maybe if we can file a petition at congress website (SoccerPlayer did that but the language was poor sorry to say), and if we can get 2,500 people to sign it, only then congress will recognize it as an issue. Whether they will do anything about it or not is another story but they will consider it worth talking about.

So anyone going to file that petition in proper language, keeping it to the point? And most of us have friends on Facebook. We could request them and other communities on social media sites to sign that petition in hope to get 2500 votes.

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Timeline

The last time my case was updated was June 17 2013 and it updated at around 1:00PM ET. I thought only the embassy in Islamabad updates the case and there's no way they were open in America time 1:00pm ET. Unless somebody in United States looked at the case. Case Creation date March 04 2013 and interview date June 13 2013. Plus it also updated on June 15 2013 that was a Saturday how did that happen? I thought the embassy was closed on Saturdays.

This is for female applicant case.

Edited by killawood

Timeline

The last time my case was updated was June 17 2013 and it updated at around 1:00PM ET. I thought only the embassy in Islamabad updates the case and there's no way they were open in America time 1:00pm ET. Unless somebody in United States looked at the case. Case Creation date March 04 2013 and interview date June 13 2013. Plus it also updated on June 15 2013 that was a Saturday how did that happen? I thought the embassy was closed on Saturdays.

This is for female applicant case.

oh yes yes it changed the same way for our case too. Maybe that's what they do to every applicant who gets Green slip of 221g.

We were wondering about that too. We thought that our case went to Washington DC for security checks. and on the next day our case was updated on Islamabad Local time. We thought maybe they are going to issue visa soon. We kept waiting and waiting but nothing changed after that :o

Now 67 days have been passed after Interview, we haven't heard anything from them. We are just hoping that they issue visa soon. There's no way for us to know what they are doing. We just believe that are doing AP for a good reason. just waiting ClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gif

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

Atleast yours updated back in islamabad local time. Ours last updated in US ET. And its been like that up until now.

Edited by killawood

Timeline

This might be a stupid question but if I wanted to write a hardship letter, who would I be addressing it to? The embassy? Or the ambassador? Has anyone in AP ever done that? I know that writing a hardship letter will not affect how long it takes for the AP to complete...but I still wanted to write. Maybe someone will listen.

Edited by Sam&Waq

Timeline

I would address my hardship letter to the ambassador. I am planning to write to him also. I sent out letters yesterday to my Senator and to the President. It made me feel 100% better to express my pain and suffering.

Timeline

Why won't they issue our visa :crying: what did we do? we have only one year age difference and we have a son together too. but they still won't issue our visa :crying: :crying:

We are good people. We haven't done anything wrong. We are being kept apart for such a long time

Timeline

We sent our petition to USCIS in Jan 2011 so Jan 2014 will make it 3 years struggling with this broken immigration system (9 months in AP). While I do pray and hope that the AP is over soon and they issue us visas but at the same time the realist in me says I shall cut my loss and let my wife come to me.

1. When our cases were with USCIS, We could at least contact congressman who could do more than just sending inquiries on our behalf. There was another department to oversee things on top of USCIS.

2. So after making us wait for an indefinite period of time during which we may be required to submit medical, police certificate and fresh tax papers, embassy may decide to decline your visa.

3. Then you wait and wait for them to send your case back (like EAbbas is waiting) and there is no telling when it will happen.

4. Tired of waiting? You could afford a lawyer and filed a writ of Mandamus. They return your file, you file NOIR and win. They put you in AP again. Once again, same #######. They can rinse and repeat this process over and over and there is nothing you can do about it, nobody you can complain to. Even Whitehouse will serve you same ####### in different wrapper.

So just keep waiting and waiting?

Maybe if we can file a petition at congress website (SoccerPlayer did that but the language was poor sorry to say), and if we can get 2,500 people to sign it, only then congress will recognize it as an issue. Whether they will do anything about it or not is another story but they will consider it worth talking about.

So anyone going to file that petition in proper language, keeping it to the point? And most of us have friends on Facebook. We could request them and other communities on social media sites to sign that petition in hope to get 2500 votes.

So what are you waiting for? If you didn't agree with the way the last petition was written and you write so well then what is stopping you from making the petition yourself? At least SoccerPlayer made the effort to make a petition despite his language difficulties. You write well so what is holding you back? Don't wait for someone else to do it, do it yourself.

"So anyone going to file that petition in proper language, keeping it to the point?" Are YOU going to file a petition in proper language and keep it to the point? Don't expect anyone else to do it if you are not willing to.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't think I write well but if you say so, I will do it however I alone cannot gather 2,500 people to sign it.

Will you help with that?

Edited by Musashii

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.