EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

if any body case update 5 to 6 time with in 20 days .after interview .have any hope in AP to complete soon.my interview was 6 june 2013

i m goinh business in malysia embassy keep my passport .if i request them to take bak my passport . will it take more longer time in AP as normal/ if normal not long i will take back my passport anf jo business.

i m also waiting my visa but in AP until now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yea they return the marriage certificate back and all other documents except police clearance and passport. Eversince her interview her case number in ceac website was updating day by day until june 17 2013 it havent updated.

oh yes I think that's normal. Our case updated date changed that many times too in just 4 days after the interview. and then stopped updating. It only updates when We send them email to inquire about our case.

They returned our marriage certificate and all other documents back too. They kept my passport and police cert. I hope that they process it soon and Issue our visa. We are waiting

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

in addition desibaba reply, if you again inquiry after one and half month then they reply like this as mention below

Please refer to our email of May 6, 2013. This email clearly indicates the admin processing situation in your case. Unless this situation has changed, we will not have a reason to get back to you or review this case again. May we remind that the said visa application cannot be processed any further while the admin processing is pending.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Timeline

oh yes I think that's normal. Our case updated date changed that many times too in just 4 days after the interview. and then stopped updating. It only updates when We send them email to inquire about our case.

They returned our marriage certificate and all other documents back too. They kept my passport and police cert. I hope that they process it soon and Issue our visa. We are waiting

Did the VO told you to wait 2-3 weeks? did they give you their best estimate? Or they just said to wait and well call you?

Timeline

Hello my wife had her interview in Islamabad on June 13 2012 for CR1 visa. She answer all the questions correctly and VO got her passport also told her we will contact you in 2 to 3 weeks and give her green slip saying your visa been denied under section 221g. Did this happen to anyone before? I called DOS they said it just temp denied because of administrative processing. Anyone know how long does it take to get visa for female?

Opps I meant to say June 13, 2013.

Timeline

We have spent a total of over 2 years in AP due to embassy error in denying our visa. I filed the I-130 petition in October 2009. Its almost 4 years that we have been trying to get our visa. My husband and I have not given up hope. We will continue to pray and wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

i advice every one Under Administrative Processing to email the embassy Twice a month,it is good,it shows that u still love each others

ask the embassy if they want more Relationship evedence,if they need the USC petionner to come to the embassy,show them that u hv a serious Relationship,it will helps u

good luck for u all

i advice every one Under Administrative Processing to email the embassy Twice a month,it is good,it shows that u still love each others

ask the embassy if they want more Relationship evedence,if they need the USC petionner to come to the embassy,show them that u hv a serious Relationship,it will helps u

good luck for u all

Thanks for the advice! Have you tried doing it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thanks for the advice! Have you tried doing it?

of cource,i did it,

the embassy emailed back every time i email them,now they shedule a second interview this week,it is better than AP

Timeline

We have spent a total of over 2 years in AP due to embassy error in denying our visa. I filed the I-130 petition in October 2009. Its almost 4 years that we have been trying to get our visa. My husband and I have not given up hope. We will continue to pray and wait.

It must be very hard for you :o it's been 4 years for you and visa is still not approved. I am sorry

Have you ever thought about getting together in a third country? US visa for your husband seems to be taking too long and still no sign of visa.

We are going through AP process too.God knows better when our visa will be issued.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What you need to ask yourself and your spouse is that what is more important to you?

Is it immigrating to the USA or is it being with your loved one?

All of us in AP have been waiting and waiting yet we don't have any clue when a visa will be issued or will it be issued or not?

Life in Pakistan is unpredictable, full of hardships and very tough but are we going to waste all the precious years in waiting when we could be together either in Pakistan or any third country, starting our family.

I had a heart to heart talk with my spouse and she is willing to let go of everything and come to Pakistan if I don't get a visa by January 2014 (it will be 9 months in AP by then) as we don't want to spend eternity waiting in this dark abyss of AP.

You know better what you want and what really is your goal. Just a food for thought.

Edited by Musashii

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Timeline

Not everybody can pack up and move to Pakistan or a third country. Some of us have children who have American fathers that will not let them leave the United States. My son is 14 years old and he doesn't want to live in a dangerous place like Pakistan. Also he doesn't want to leave his school and his friends. All his life he has had power, water, gas all the things that are in short supply in Pakistan. He is the reason I can leave the United States.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.