EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Islamabad usembassy is very very slow ..In many other countries usembassies issue visa in 2 or 3 after sending fresh documents when you are under admin process..when ur case is under admin process they never ask for fresh doucuments until case is ready for final review...and visa is ready and here is tottaly diffrent embassy ask for fresh documents 2 times after interview...cray5ol.gif crying.gif

my case was updated on May 2nd for the first time after March 19. but yet I am still in AP.

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Islamabad usembassy is very very slow ..In many other countries usembassies issue visa in 2 or 3 after sending fresh documents when you are under admin process..when ur case is under admin process they never ask for fresh doucuments until case is ready for final review...and visa is ready and here is tottaly diffrent embassy ask for fresh documents 2 times after interview...cray5ol.gif crying.gif

i hear you brother. this is ridiculous

Timeline

My case updated on 3rd May

My case was updated again on May 05th...but still AP

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

Citizenship

Immigrant Visa Case Number: ISL2009XXXXXXX Case Creation Date: XXXXX 2009 Status Updated Date: 03-May-2013

Administrative Processing

Hello everyone I let you know guys I am still around and praying for everyone please

After 17 Months of Adminsistrative process ... I don't know when this Ap is over May Allah help everyone please on this Horrible process Ammen

I got email from embassy on May 2 Friday ... After sending so many email to them and they never ever replay any one of our emails on right time :(

I don't know how long this process will take but all we have to pray and wait inshallah Allah is great and he know the best for everyone

Here is Embassy email

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that the subject immigrant visa case is still pending under administrative processing. Unfortunately, it is not possibel for us to predict as to how long it still may take. However as soon as this process has completed, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he has provided on his form DS-230. If he has not heard from our office after six months, please have him contact our office using the web based email form available on the website of the American Embassy.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Thank you all please praying for everyone and for me Inshallah we will all hear good news very soon Inshallah

Timeline

Always same reply to everyone who are under Ap...

MARCH 2012 2nd

Citizenship

Timeline

My case update was on May 3rd as well and it is still in AP. I'm really really frustrated. I'm wanting to file for writs of mandamus. Is that a good idea? I dont know what else to do. I'm so sick of this process and sick of being treated like a second class citizen in the US.

CvOzm4.png

Timeline

I filed a Writ of Mandamus after 16 months in AP. The Dept of State has 90 days to answer the Writ. I can't tell you if it is a good idea in your case. It's a huge undertaking to sue the government. I can tell you that they finished our case soon after I filed and we were denied our visa based on them saying my husband only married me for immigration purposes.

We got our Notice of Intent to Revoke(NOIR) in record time due to the Writ and we filed our appeal and won. When our case was sent back to the embassy they put us back in AP and we have now spent 10 months there.

AP is what happens most of the time when you deal with the embassy in Islamabad. I know a married couple that spent 4 years in AP. They were finally asked for proof of ongoing relationship, new medical and other documents and he is here now in the United States.

So my husband and I have spent over 2 years in AP. I really don't think I will file another Writ of Mandamus. I think the embassy will only issue the visa when back ground checks are done and they are ready.

Timeline

Thanks Carolyn! I appreciate your input :)

uote name="carolynhotstuff" post="6208317" timestamp="1367763718"]

I filed a Writ of Mandamus after 16 months in AP. The Dept of State has 90 days to answer the Writ. I can't tell you if it is a good idea in your case. It's a huge undertaking to sue the government. I can tell you that they finished our case soon after I filed and we were denied our visa based on them saying my husband only married me for immigration purposes.

We got our Notice of Intent to Revoke(NOIR) in record time due to the Writ and we filed our appeal and won. When our case was sent back to the embassy they put us back in AP and we have now spent 10 months there.

AP is what happens most of the time when you deal with the embassy in Islamabad. I know a married couple that spent 4 years in AP. They were finally asked for proof of ongoing relationship, new medical and other documents and he is here now in the United States.

So my husband and I have spent over 2 years in AP. I really don't think I will file another Writ of Mandamus. I think the embassy will only issue the visa when back ground checks are done and they are ready.

CvOzm4.png

Timeline

No, Its says May 5th. I was surprised as well. Usually they dont update anything on the weekend. I am not sure what does that mean..but heck it is still in AP.

. I usually don't check the status on weekends and usually lose hope Friday morning and get very depressed over the weekend. I'll be checking it like psycho on Saturday and Sunday too lol.
CvOzm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.