Melody and Kemal

NVC False RFE/Missing Documents

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Last week I mailed our completed I-864 and DS-230 with supporting documents to NVC. I received a checklist cover letter for I-864 stating that I had missed one part of the form (DOH!). I corrected what I needed to and mailed to NVC right away. That is now in transit. Tonight I received another email from the NVC, stating that they have received the DS-230 and that they are waiting for the response from the I-864 checklist. That is expected, but they also stated that they are missing the Police Certificate, which I HAVE SENT!! They have the original accompanied with a photocopy and I am 100% sure about it. Has this happened to anyone else? Unfortunately its the weekend and I cannot call them until Monday. If I had another original police certificate I would just send it, but I don't! My husband is from Turkey but is working in Cyprus at the moment. In order to obtain another certificate he will have to fly to Turkey ($$) and then mail it to me which will take another week or two... and I am pregnant, I DO NOT want to go through this!! I need him here asap :( I am really hoping I will call the NVC on Monday and they will tell me that they have the police certificate and it was a mistake. I also know for sure that I sent the correct police certificate, so there shouldn't be any problem with the document that they have.

Has anyone out there ever had an RFE with missing documents that turned out to be false???

Filed: Timeline

First of all congrats on the pregnancy...that's so great! As for the police certificate, do you have a copy of it scanned? Maybe when you call on Monday you can explain that it would be quite a while, you're expecting and have the scanned copy to send? It's possible they will make the exception. He could then bring the original to interview. It's incredible just how different the requirements are for each type of visa. K1 (our visa) is very different in process. However, Ankara seems to be more reasonable than most embassies. Perhaps NVC will give a little too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks so much for your reply. I do have a copy here, I could ask if I can scan it and send it to them. My scanner wasn't working when I had my original, but maybe they can accept the copy. I KNOW I sent it to them so I'm really hoping it is just a mistake. I am going to call them first thing tomorrow morning and try to get it worked out. Thanks again :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.