meandmybeloved

Need some advice. Friend of mine met a Russian Lady

138 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I just wanted to comment that if you are looking for a lady from FSR, vkontakte is good, mail.ru also - but you have to know russian for mail.ru or just use google chrome and its auto-translating goodness. Still, it helps to learn russian. And the good thing about vkontakte is they have a ton of movies even in english. I haven't seen a lot of scammers there, I guess they don't want to prey on russians.

I met my wife on mail.ru.

Edited by ToeNailClipper

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, good for you...Mr. China. Good for you.

Sounds like someone needs to learn some forgiveness. It really isn't healthy for anyone to carry such anger and bitterness. Why must there be such hate in this world, if everyone would just

learn to see that we are all human beings and start treating each other as we would want to be treated, then the world be a much nicer place.

4-7-2012 Married

4-18-2012 Mailed AOS

4-20-2012 NOA1

5-23-2012 Biometrics appt

6-26-2012 EAD received in mail ( no text or email )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I just wanted to comment that if you are looking for a lady from FSR, vkontakte is good, mail.ru also - but you have to know russian for mail.ru or just use google chrome and its auto-translating goodness. Still, it helps to learn russian. And the good thing about vkontakte is they have a ton of movies even in english. I haven't seen a lot of scammers there, I guess they don't want to prey on russians.

I met my wife on mail.ru.

vkontakte is not a dating website, it's a social network, so there shouldn't be any scammers at all. SPAMmers only :lol:

On the other hand, a lot of girls would get mad if you try to talk to them on vkontakte. Again - it's not a dating website, so it's annoying when men, who you don't know, keep trying to talk to you.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

vkontakte is not a dating website, it's a social network, so there shouldn't be any scammers at all. SPAMmers only :lol:

On the other hand, a lot of girls would get mad if you try to talk to them on vkontakte. Again - it's not a dating website, so it's annoying when men, who you don't know, keep trying to talk to you.

True, same as facebook, but they have 'groups' and 'forums' where you can chat up a girl who is interested in dating, or perhaps make friends. In any case, it's much safer and cheaper than using one of those 'find me a russian wife' websites.

Edited by ToeNailClipper

One last piece of advice that should prove it to your friend. Just google some of the text from her emails to him and most likely they will come up with a match as scammers use the same emails over and over again...much too much effort to write them by hand. If he looks at the emails closely, especially the earlier emails, he should also notice that "her" emails don't really answer the questions he asked. This is because the scammers typically are not even reading the emails in the beginning...it's basically one way communication only from scammer to your friend...sometimes for realism they may answer 1 or 2 things your friend asked, but that's it...it takes too much time for a legitimate response. Only once they have identified your friend as a potential sucker will they start spending more time. Match.com got sued a while back by the way over not policing the Russian scammers that were using their site. One other thing to tell your friend...if this girl was really so out in the middle of nowhere without phone/computer/etc., just how exactly is she paying for her Match.com account? Kind of makes you go hmmmm....doesn't it? Advise your friend to lead the scammer on for some nude photos if he really likes the girls looks cause that's the best he's gonna get. Once he's through with that, have him go find a real woman if he's really interested. It's well worth it if he can think with his big head instead of the little one.

This is what I was talking about in my earlier post. You did a much better job explaining than I did, thanks. The fill-in-the-gent's-name-here email are a dead giveaway, according to people who post here about meeting online. As is ANY conversation about money.

Only about 900 more confirmations and pieces of advice to go :lol: I will say that this topic has a rather impressive number of posts that are on topic (for RUB).

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I just spoke to my friend and told him about your advice. I think that would surely tell him for sure what the truth is. hahahahaha. I like the idea.

I don't understand why anyone in a foreign relationship doesn't place the burden squarely on the beneficiary to get here.

So many of these dudes are Capn Save 'ems that they never give a second thought to "buying" a wife for $10,000. You wanna fly me across the world, put me up in a nice house, give me an allowance, buy me a car, put me through school and all I have to do is let you have sex with me once a week? Tough sell there. Couple that with the fact that most of these dudes have already flown her to an exotic vacation (or two) before they got married and it's pretty much a done deal.

Then they wonder why they have problems.

Your buddy sounds like a perfect candidate for this. He can, quite literally, pick any girl he wants off any website out there and she will go along with it.

Perhaps you won't be able to convince him this one is a scammer. But, let him know there are 40,000 others he can pick and choose and he may just "level up."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Sounds like someone needs to learn some forgiveness. It really isn't healthy for anyone to carry such anger and bitterness. Why must there be such hate in this world, if everyone would just

learn to see that we are all human beings and start treating each other as we would want to be treated, then the world be a much nicer place.

Thanks for the free psych consult.

You've had your 15 minutes of fame on our forum...so, time to go haunt the Canadian forum and don't let the door hit you in the....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So many of these dudes are Capn Save 'ems that they never give a second thought to "buying" a wife for $10,000. You wanna fly me across the world, put me up in a nice house, give me an allowance, buy me a car, put me through school and all I have to do is let you have sex with me once a week? Tough sell there. Couple that with the fact that most of these dudes have already flown her to an exotic vacation (or two) before they got married and it's pretty much a done deal.

Once a week? :wacko:

Once a week?????????????????

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I don't understand why anyone in a foreign relationship doesn't place the burden squarely on the beneficiary to get here.

Your buddy sounds like a perfect candidate for this. He can, quite literally, pick any girl he wants off any website out there and she will go along with it.

Perhaps you won't be able to convince him this one is a scammer. But, let him know there are 40,000 others he can pick and choose and he may just "level up."

You're wise beyond your years.

Once a week? :wacko:

Once a week?????????????????

Exactly my point. It's probably even less for some of these ####### nuggets.

You're wise beyond your years.

Tell that to my wife.

She says "this is the year." (For divorce.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Exactly my point. It's probably even less for some of these ####### nuggets.

Once a week????????????????????????? What RUB woman would put up with that?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Once a week????????????????????????? What RUB woman would put up with that?

Gary, consider yourself lucky. It's an urban legend that RUB women are sex crazed nymphs. They are good actresses when necessary. Perhaps a bit more uninhibited, especially the ones who grow-up in one-room shacks with outhouses. But they get sorry-azzed about sex just like their American sisters.

Timeline

Gary, consider yourself lucky. It's an urban legend that RUB women are sex crazed nymphs. They are good actresses when necessary. Perhaps a bit more uninhibited, especially the ones who grow-up in one-room shacks with outhouses. But they get sorry-azzed about sex just like their American sisters.

oh, I absolutely consider myself lucky.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sri, my wife is no actor/actress. She redefines the notion of multiple female o.......she's NOT faking.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.