meandmybeloved

Need some advice. Friend of mine met a Russian Lady

138 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I bet she looks like Peggy from the CapitalOne commercials

'hello My name is peggy, first you convert to coupons...." :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I die everytime I watch that commercial on . T.V.

Edited by ndu26

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know one guy that sent a total of $ 5,000 to two different women in Russia and both were scammers. Yes, he was stupid but he had more money than brains.

The classic signs of a scammer:

1. No web camera (you have to buy them one... and this is how I got scammed )

2. No job (they are on-line always)

3. They can only talk during certain hours.

4. No way to contact them 24/7

5. Limited knowlege of her or family.

6. You can't verify their address (I sent a person to verify an address of a woman and I found out the woman didn't live there)

7. No Cell Phone (when I asked for a cell phone number, she said she didn't have one but even children have cell phones all over the world now. )

In many cases, the scammer is a man.

There are so many scammers in the Philippines that I found www.dragonladies.org and that helped me a lot. I learned if someone doesnt have a job.. then how do they eat.

Edited by NoneYa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I like that Idea. I will tell him to do this. It might help him to see the light. Thanks.:thumbs:

And another interesting way to string them along and get your jollies is to also profess your love for them and ask for the nudie pictures!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Classic agency girl scam....probably not even a woman doing the emailing.

I'll highlight the red flags and violations of the cardinal rules.

Yes, he should drop this person, come to the RUB regional forum where we will steer him to the good agencies and how to undergo this process.

I did and I'm happily married....the scammers are easy to spot.....like this one.

I will say this, he found her on match.com. So do these girls also look for men using this type of site? He never went on to find a lady from another country but she contacted him.

4-7-2012 Married

4-18-2012 Mailed AOS

4-20-2012 NOA1

5-23-2012 Biometrics appt

6-26-2012 EAD received in mail ( no text or email )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

From one to another..your friend should RUN as fast as his digital feet can carry him. 75% sure its not a woman he is talking to on the other side. ALso library at night yeah right...If they are Russian most russians have a computer or a phone. it may not be a good one but its a working one with internet access. So thats the first alert signal. Two she can easily contact your friend via ICQ. it is russian mobile chat that they all use. A little outdated but it works. Three, she mentioned the words money, cost, visa and medical. The only way to get this information is to use the INTERNET to get the PHONE number to the Embassy to CALL them and ASK what are the requirements for K-1 VISA. So yeah....Scam is the only verdict. Tell your friend to run from this ASAP.

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

How about the one who wrote the email to him is a huge guy who has beard all over his face instead of a young lady... :wacko:

Everyone can send sexiest picture to anyone in the world and pretend that ME! you know what I mean,right? :thumbs:

your friend should RUN! :dance:

A guy from the lone star city (Original from the place that colder called PA!)

who met a girl from the country called Land Of Smile...

Met on the web page : Feb 18th 2011

Met in person (stranger) : Mar 18th 2011

Become in a relationship : Mar 19th 2011

Met is person (boyfriend&girlfriend) : Aug 26th 2011

Become a finance: Sep 7th 2011

Send the document : Sep 12th 2011

Got NOA 1 : Sep 22nd 2011 (10 days)

TOUCH!!! : Sep 23rd 2011

Got NOA 1 Hardcopy : Sep 24th 2011

Got NOA 2 : Jan 4th 2012 (104 days)

Got Case Number : Jan 20th 2012 (16 days)

Sent Pack 3 : Jan 22nd 2012

Interview date : March 8th 2012 (Approved!!!!!!!!!!!)

POE : May 6th 2012

AOS Timeline

Married : May 15th 2012

Mailed I485, I130, I765 : June 14th 2012

NOA 1 : June 20th 2012 (6 days)

I485 transfer to CA : July 11th 2012

I485 Touch! : July 18th 2012

I765 Touch! : June 20th 2012

I131 Touch! : June 20th 2012

Biometrics appointment :July 20th 2012

Timeline

Hi there,

You know, you are so right. The fact that you and your husband took things slow and never mentioned a visa or even said the word love to each other right away is exactly what I keep telling him.

I see red flags everywhere too.

My wife and I never used the Love word with each other until months after we met in person and even agreed to marry and pursue the K-1 process.

No real woman, regardless of country, would tell a stranger she met only via email that she loved him after 2 or 3 emails.

If it seems too good to be true>>>>>>>>It is!

Oh, and Russian women will not have a phone.....they will have more than one actually!!!!

And she contacted him and now after two - three emails she loves him? Scam

Edited by baron555

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving to RUB forum as per OP request ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

This does look like a classic scam to me as well. Another clue to the Match.com scams seems to be canned or prewritten email with the victims name filled in. It doesn't seem like that is going on here, but I agree with the other members that are pointing up most of the usual scam indicators. The biggest flag is hinting around for money. If he continues contact and refuses to pay for travel or a visa, he can expect requests for medical expenses, rent money, and all sorts of smaller items. Is he paying to have the email translated? If so, the "contact" could go on indefinitely.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

This does look like a classic scam to me as well. Another clue to the Match.com scams seems to be canned or prewritten email with the victims name filled in. It doesn't seem like that is going on here, but I agree with the other members that are pointing up most of the usual scam indicators. The biggest flag is hinting around for money. If he continues contact and refuses to pay for travel or a visa, he can expect requests for medical expenses, rent money, and all sorts of smaller items. Is he paying to have the email translated? If so, the "contact" could go on indefinitely.

And another famous scam technique is to ask for small amounts of money...for "realistic" type things......Scam part is that she/he is doing the same with a number of other fools and when all the small amounts add up.....it's quite an income for her/him.

Tell your friend to email this -

"I've really enjoyed our conversations for the last few weeks. We have such a connection and I feel an energy when I talk with you that I haven't felt in years. I too, am falling in love with you. Because of my feelings, I've decided to move to Russia so we can be together. I am a very wealthy man and have the means to take care of you - in your home - for the rest of our lives. I can't wait for us to be together.

Please send me your address and I'll be there as soon as possible. With much love, and with much hope for our future together,

Friend."

Funny, but most of these scammers have no interest in pursuing it once you call their bluff. I notice though your friend sent pictures. Perhaps she didn't like what she saw? Perhaps HE was being too forward? They've been emailing a couple weeks and he's sent photos of his home. Did he already ask if she wanted to meet his mom?

Online relationships have to be "different" from normal relationships because of time, distance, etc. They shouldn't be different for other reasons though. If you met a girl in a bar and she told you she didn't have a phone... you wouldn't call her back, would you? Why is that different on the internet?

Tell your friend under no circumstances should he send money. EVER. If he does, he's an idiot.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Definitely a scammer. I was originally on match.com too when I started getting these scammers coming after me. But, long story short, that piqued my interest since they were always way hotter than the normal women on match.com. I ended up going to www.elenasmodels.com out of curiosity and ended up married to a REAL Ukrainian hottie like 4 months later! lol Tell him, sorry he has been communicating (sort of) with a scammer and send him to a real website if he wants to find the real thing.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Timeline

She is full of sh*t.

The situation with the internet was like this maybe 10 years ago, it is true. Cell phones are far more pervasive in the FSU than here, if you can imagine that. They walk around with cell phones glued to their ears and the markets are full of vendors selling the things and there are kisosk everywhere to update your minutes (most people there have prepaid plans)

The internet is in most homes now, most people have computers and those that do not can go to one of hundreds of internet clubs and for a few rubles use a computer for a half hour, hour, whatever.

Our son goes to school in Moscow and skypes with us at while sitting at McDonalds with his girlfriend, they have free wifi...just like here. Alla does not approve of him eating at McDonalds, just like here.

Unless she is in some tiny village somewhere this is a load of #######. Next she will ask for money for a computer, internet service, yada, yada.

Bail out now.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

A complete scam, and not even a very well thought out one. Usually they will hire a girl to use the phone, etc. No way "she" doesn't have a phone and can only use the computer "at the library" at 11:30pm. Children have cell phones! Grandmothers have cell phones!

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

My wife and I never used the Love word with each other until months after we met in person and even agreed to marry and pursue the K-1 process.

No real woman, regardless of country, would tell a stranger she met only via email that she loved him after 2 or 3 emails.

If it seems too good to be true>>>>>>>>It is!

Oh, and Russian women will not have a phone.....they will have more than one actually!!!!

And she contacted him and now after two - three emails she loves him? Scam

Alla had FOUR phones. Personal and business phones for both Russia and Ukraine. :lol: She also had three computers.

The amazing thing about RUB women is they actually will devote themselves to you and care about you like they were your mother, but they will NOT do it after a few emails. This is the classic give away.

Look, Russia and Ukraine are hardly like being on a desert island ala Robinson Carusoe. They have architechture, culture, arts and music far more than we have here. I was never at a loss to find something interesting and enjoyable to do. Never. And I still love to go there.

There is no need for a woman to throw herself at someone after 2-3 emails, it is just ridiculous.

Now, your friend nmay have been inadvertently introduced to some of the best women in the world through this scam. It is likely this scammer is not even a woman. :lol:

He should buy himself a ticket to Kiev or some other Ukrainian city (no visa needed) and visit the place and see what it is like first. Meet some of the women. Russian women can travel to Ukraine easily and cheaply, it is like us going to Wisconsin.

For fun he could continue talking to this "woman" Her next move will be to ask him for money so she can "fly to him" :lol: Of course she will need a plane ticket, passport (she doesn't have one, visa, train ticket to go get the visa, yada yada) $2000 ought to do it. :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.