bibiche

Question about FP, Two USCIS Applications

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Hello!

I sent in my N400 application and did the FP on 12/08/11. Meanwhile I have another pending application I-131 for Reentry in case the naturalization process takes too long so i won't miss my trip next month. Now, I called the Immi and they told me that they just sent a FP notice (I-131) for the biometrics. I know that in a few days they will have the result of the ones I did just last week. What is the process now? Do I wait until I make sure that the status on my N400 change to Interview (FP received and FBI name checked)and call Immi regarding the I-131 to tell them that FP were done in relation with the N400? or should I tell them right now? Will I still need to go to the ASC for photos? I was wondering if anyone has been through a situation like this one? Thanks for your inputs.

District Office: Dallas

N-400 Application under Section 319(b)INA

11/07/11: Mailed out N400 to Nebraska

11/09/11: Received application

11/17/11: Check cashed

11/18/11: NOA received showing PD as 11/17/11!

12/01/11: FP Notice Sent

12/07/11: FP Notice Received for 12/12/11

12/08/11: FP Done (Walk in)

When does your GC expire? Unless your GC is about to expire the I-131 for AP was not needed. I would make certain your N400 application is the one that moves forward and not worry about the AP unless of course your GC is going to expire while you are on your trip. I would not expect your AP to arrive before your trip given the holiday season and how much work actually will get done by the USCIS during this time of year--sorry to be a pessimist but when dealing with the Gov I am always tha tway.

Hope all works out for you,

Dave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Congo DR
Timeline

When does your GC expire? Unless your GC is about to expire the I-131 for AP was not needed. I would make certain your N400 application is the one that moves forward and not worry about the AP unless of course your GC is going to expire while you are on your trip. I would not expect your AP to arrive before your trip given the holiday season and how much work actually will get done by the USCIS during this time of year--sorry to be a pessimist but when dealing with the Gov I am always tha tway.

Hope all works out for you,

Dave

Thanks Dave for your input. I actually applied for the Reentry permit and I just got my GC in 2009. I am an Army wife on orders to join husband overseas by end of January. So all I need really is a passport (RP) to leave the country and I can still continue the process of my N400 overseas seeing how it will probably take more than 60 days from now for me to be approved and get a US passport. I had applied for this RP since 10/03! and they just now sending the FP notice after I called them 2 weeks ago. I really hope that they will take in consideration the date I submitted it (couple months agao) and send it to me before end of January?

I was more concerned about wether I will need to redo the FP for I-131 since I already just did the N400 one?

Thanks!

District Office: Dallas

N-400 Application under Section 319(b)INA

11/07/11: Mailed out N400 to Nebraska

11/09/11: Received application

11/17/11: Check cashed

11/18/11: NOA received showing PD as 11/17/11!

12/01/11: FP Notice Sent

12/07/11: FP Notice Received for 12/12/11

12/08/11: FP Done (Walk in)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.