nasim

Islamabad K1 approved and now AP

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance had her interview on November 17. Our file has been very detailed and no issues have been encountered during this process. Her interview lasted about a minute with only 4 questions being asked. No additional pictures, phone call records, etc were requested as we sent everything in packet 3.5 two months earlier. He smiled at my fiance and told her congratulations, your visa will be ready in 7 days for pickup at American Express in Lahore. He handed her a pinkish purple token along with a sheet with the address for American Express.

After the second week went by, I emailed the embassy and received a reply that they will forward my request for status update to the consular office and I should hear back in a few days. I did not hear back from the consular office so I emailed again in week three. The same reply was received that they would forward the request to the consular office and I should hear back in a few days. I have not heard back again and now we are in week 4 after the interview.

Today, I called the Department of State for a status update and they told be the file is in Administrative Processing. I have no Idea why this has happened. My fiance did not receive a 221g or any other document indicating additional reviews being needed. My fiance says she asked the CO three times if there was anything left or required before leaving the interveiw counter and he congratulated and informed her the visa stamped passport will be at American Express in Lahore in 7 days time. The embassy has all the documentation, an affadavit of support from me that will have no issues and the interview was so short, even I was surprised given all the stories out there. My fiance said they were laughing and having a conversation for the little time the interview lasted.

She was asked what my occupation was, if our parents approved and how they felt. The very first question was why she wished to get married in the US. Her reply was that she wished she could be married under the eiffel tower in France but the person she loves and wants to spend her life with is from America so she will marry in the US. The CO started laughing and said that was the best reply he has heard and the rest of the interview went by with smiles and laughs. She said the time was 8:59am when she was called up and it was 9:00 am when she was done.

I am wondering what the issue may be. Hoping the AP gets done quick.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.