ruizloi

visa approved but need new passport asap

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I understand what you are saying, not only will you have to get a new passport, but you will have to deliver it to the embassy so they can affix the visa to the passport. The visa is actually affixed to the passport. So, even if you get a passport in 5-8 business days, the embassy is going to take the new passport then start the process of affixing the visa. This process will take at least 5 business days, then they will send the passport to you (or you can pick it up I guess). Also, your CFO stuff has to go in the new passport I believe. I would say best case, you may get your passport/Visa in approx. 15-20 business days then get your CFO stuff fixed. Plus with the holidays coming up, well, I don't think there is much hope of leaving for the USA this year....sorry. Just don't see it happening this year.

Maybe you can reschedule your flight for early to mid january. Better check with the airline about your pregnancy, some will not allow you to fly them if your 8+ months.

well yeah... all things can be possible now... il just try to do thing i can and if its not yet really the time for me to go then its not...:(

Timeline

yes i would definitely do that 1st hour in the morning tomorrow... i heard they accommodate special cases... we will see... i just lift all this up to the Lord.... he knows whats best for us and his plans are greater than us.. so things will happen with its own purpose... thank you so much for that very inspiring comment it helpes me feel better too:)

This post has given me hope as well. I am worried sick right now about my passport and visa concern. Please keep me updated.

yes i would definitely do that 1st hour in the morning tomorrow... i heard they accommodate special cases... we will see... i just lift all this up to the Lord.... he knows whats best for us and his plans are greater than us.. so things will happen with its own purpose... thank you so much for that very inspiring comment it helpes me feel better too:)

Your welcome! Just try to be positive and I appreciate your calmness..For the meantime prepare your"Request letter stating the reason of your expedite"..:-)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, Sis! I agree with you! Please try your best and lift it all to God - I'm sure God knows best and He will make it happen for you. Take care on your pregnancy! Good luck and God bless you more ! Congratulations :)

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I am sure that you can get your passport and visa all fixed up with no problem. Your stress is coming from the fact that you made plane reservations so soon. Everyone here has told people not to make plane reservations until after you have everything completed. So your real problem is really having to change your reservation. Also not a big problem. Better you change it to mid Jan or late Jan, remove the stress, get your paperwork finished and then go. And relax in the meantime. I wish you good luck.

Yes I agree with others, go to DFA first thing. Good luck and God Bless

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

12-08-2011 - sent I-130 (Chicago Lock-Box)

12-12-2011 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

Timeline

i had my interview today and was approved, but they ask me to get an new passport because they said its defective.. now it bothers me soo much i don't know how can i expedite the passport processing in less than 10 days.. im 7 mos. prego and i already have ticket and medical cert that i will travel on dec 23:( so sad...and confused)...

whats the defect of your passport? i worked with a travel agency for sometime and have not encountered a change/ renewal/ replacement of passport due to mutilation/loss/expiry that can be done in 10 days unless maybe due to some extraordinary circumstances. i guess u may not ahve a choice but to move the date of ur travel?

Timeline

i had my interview today and was approved, but they ask me to get an new passport because they said its defective.. now it bothers me soo much i don't know how can i expedite the passport processing in less than 10 days.. im 7 mos. prego and i already have ticket and medical cert that i will travel on dec 23:( so sad...and confused)...

i believe expedited service is 15 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi ruizloi,

Passports only take a couple hours if you have all your docs ready and can drive to a Passport Agency. First find the nearest Passport Agency (http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html), then call and make an appointment (24hrs phone service), then fill out whatever forms the Passport Agency requires (it's on the website) and bring proof of citizenship, photo ID, and a credit card. In a couple hours you should get your new passport. Costs an extra $70 or something like that.

Hope that helps

Andy

PS, your old passport probably still counts as proof of citizenship

9/19/11 - sent I-129F

9/21/11 - email NOA1

9/27/11 - hard copy NOA1

3/20/12 - congressional inquiry (6 months since NOA1)

4/4/12 - inquiry result: petition approved (still no NOA2 text/email/letter)

4/20/12 - packet 3 received from embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

go to the passport agency, it takes a couple hours if you go in person. http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

Andy

9/19/11 - sent I-129F

9/21/11 - email NOA1

9/27/11 - hard copy NOA1

3/20/12 - congressional inquiry (6 months since NOA1)

4/4/12 - inquiry result: petition approved (still no NOA2 text/email/letter)

4/20/12 - packet 3 received from embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

go to the passport agency, it takes a couple hours if you go in person. http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

Andy

That is a link to a US site.

Does your SO have healthcare arranged if you do make it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Andy

hey Andy i appreciate your reply but im in the Philippines and i need a passport agency from here that can process my passport that quick but im afraid we don't have that kind of passport agency here:( so, i have no other choice but to move my flight...:( its just sad i though i can have a white Christmas with my love, but it seems wont happen this year:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.