Package 3 arrived: 01.02.12

Medical: 16.03.12

Package 3 sent: 22.03.12

Package 4 arrived: 07.04.12

Interview date: 24.04.12

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

we printed names signed and dated... sorry for not being clearer..... :blink:

Again, you just print the full name. No signing OR dating passport photos.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Again, you do not SIGN the back of passport photos. You hand PRINT the full name. My signature is not my full name. My wife did nothing to her passport photo. I PRINTED her full name on it. Some "signatures" are not legible. Please pay attention to accuracy folks. Don't "sign" passport photos.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Thank you all! That made it clear for me :)

Sending the package today, please keep your fingers crossed for a speedy approval :thumbs:

Cheers!

Considering with how slow they are 5 month would be really speedy :). Good Luck anyway

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So, as of Dec 8th 2011 we're happily engaged :dance: and were putting the I-129F package together during the weekend. We're almost done, but I have a few questions regarding the contents of the package. I hope you guys can help me with this :)

- We are submitting both a copy of birth certificate and copy of all pages of my fiancee's U.S. passport (I'm the beneficiary). That's because I think the Indiana Birth Certificate she has in her possession is the short one, so just to be on the safe side, we send the passport copy as well. Now the question is - should every passport page copy be signed by her? Should the copy of the birth certificate be signed? Should they also be dated?

- We are going to submit a few pages of recepits (3-4 receipts per page - is that okay?), copy of car purchase contract in both names, copy of apartment lease with her as the leasee and me as tenant. We have put descriptions on the back of each page. Is that fine? Also, should anything be signed? Should everything be signed and dated?

- We have also put a few pictures of us (in color) as evidence, writing the date and place of given picture being taken. Should the pictures be signed?

Thank in advance for your replies :)

I'm from Indiana and just got approved. I sent a copy of mu birth certificate front and back. I did not sign those sheets. I also sent copies of my passport showing when I entered and left my fiance's country. I also didnt sing those either. Hope this helps?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Really dumb question but how did your fiancee get on a car lease and rent lease? Is she living with you in the US? On what type of visa? Just trying to figure out if you two are together now, then why not just get married here and now and then adjust status?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So, as of Dec 8th 2011 we're happily engaged :dance: and were putting the I-129F package together during the weekend. We're almost done, but I have a few questions regarding the contents of the package. I hope you guys can help me with this :)

- We are submitting both a copy of birth certificate and copy of all pages of my fiancee's U.S. passport (I'm the beneficiary). That's because I think the Indiana Birth Certificate she has in her possession is the short one, so just to be on the safe side, we send the passport copy as well. Now the question is - should every passport page copy be signed by her? Should the copy of the birth certificate be signed? Should they also be dated?

- We are going to submit a few pages of receipts (3-4 receipts per page - is that okay?), copy of car purchase contract in both names, copy of apartment lease with her as the leasee and me as tenant. We have put descriptions on the back of each page. Is that fine? Also, should anything be signed? Should everything be signed and dated?

- We have also put a few pictures of us (in color) as evidence, writing the date and place of given picture being taken. Should the pictures be signed?

Thank in advance for your replies :)

copy of birth certificate and copy of all pages of my fiancee's U.S. passport need not be signed and dated. aside from the date and place the pic was taken, add both of ur names(just in case they get mixed up). no need to sign the pictures. it may be wise not to send the receipts of ur car purchase and apartment lease as they are not among those needed for the Form 129-F. it may just complicate things.receipt of the car purchase can be added the requirements u can submit for the adjustment of status..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you all! That made it clear for me :)

Sending the package today, please keep your fingers crossed for a speedy approval :thumbs:

Cheers!

Congrats and good luck on your journey :star:

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Thanks for all the replies :)

I'm from Indiana and just got approved. I sent a copy of mu birth certificate front and back. I did not sign those sheets. I also sent copies of my passport showing when I entered and left my fiance's country. I also didnt sing those either. Hope this helps?

That helps, thank you. Also, I'm wondering, since you're from Indiana, maybe you can answer. She only has a birth certificate issued 10 years after her birth which is on a rather small piece of paper (I think it would be B6 size) and only the front page contains any data. Back page is completely blank. The certificate states her parents' names though. Is this the same type of certificate you have sent? Or is there a longer version? This is why we have also sent all the pages from her passport - just to be on the safe side. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear an answer from you on this one nevertheless. Thanks!

Really dumb question but how did your fiancee get on a car lease and rent lease? Is she living with you in the US? On what type of visa? Just trying to figure out if you two are together now, then why not just get married here and now and then adjust status?

We did not get a car lease. The car has been paid in full on the day of purchase. We're going to the Indiana BMV and getting the title on both names on thursday. All the dealer wanted in order for me to be able to be put on the title was my passport. Regarding the apartment, it's a lease she co-signed with her mom. I'm listed as an occupant, so all that was required was a security background check and for that only my passport was needed.

Also, we decided we wanted to do everything 'The right way' (as in, no B2->AOS). Also, this way, we can spend some time together in our apartment, living together, being engaged, instead of instantly getting married.

copy of birth certificate and copy of all pages of my fiancee's U.S. passport need not be signed and dated. aside from the date and place the pic was taken, add both of ur names(just in case they get mixed up). no need to sign the pictures. it may be wise not to send the receipts of ur car purchase and apartment lease as they are not among those needed for the Form 129-F. it may just complicate things.receipt of the car purchase can be added the requirements u can submit for the adjustment of status..

Well, we have already sent in the papers.

Congrats and good luck on your journey :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for all the replies :)

That helps, thank you. Also, I'm wondering, since you're from Indiana, maybe you can answer. She only has a birth certificate issued 10 years after her birth which is on a rather small piece of paper (I think it would be B6 size) and only the front page contains any data. Back page is completely blank. The certificate states her parents' names though. Is this the same type of certificate you have sent? Or is there a longer version? This is why we have also sent all the pages from her passport - just to be on the safe side. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear an answer from you on this one nevertheless. Thanks!

We did not get a car lease. The car has been paid in full on the day of purchase. We're going to the Indiana BMV and getting the title on both names on thursday. All the dealer wanted in order for me to be able to be put on the title was my passport. Regarding the apartment, it's a lease she co-signed with her mom. I'm listed as an occupant, so all that was required was a security background check and for that only my passport was needed.

Also, we decided we wanted to do everything 'The right way' (as in, no B2->AOS). Also, this way, we can spend some time together in our apartment, living together, being engaged, instead of instantly getting married.

Well, we have already sent in the papers.

My certificate has writing only on the front. On the back you can see the seal indentation is all. This is a certificate of birth that was issued when I was 5 and half years old. Probably so I could start school. it is 5.5" by 8.5". As far as I know that is all Indiana gives out. Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

Timeline

My certificate has writing only on the front. On the back you can see the seal indentation is all. This is a certificate of birth that was issued when I was 5 and half years old. Probably so I could start school. it is 5.5" by 8.5". As far as I know that is all Indiana gives out. Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

What is critical is that the birth certificate shows the names of both parents and is issued by the appropriate government agency. If the parents' names are not shown, it's a no go.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I wanted to know :)

Also, big thanks to everyone contributing here, without you assembling this package during a weekend would be impossible :thumbs:

Cheers!

Edited by jkb11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Nie podpisuj zadnej strony paszportu - poprostu wyslij copy. My wyslalismy kolorowe kopie paszportow.

Nie podpisuj copy birth certificate (moze byc krotka forma).

- We are going to submit a few pages of recepits (3-4 receipts per page - is that okay?), copy of car purchase contract in both names, copy of apartment lease with her as the leasee and me as tenant. We have put descriptions on the back of each page. Is that fine? Also, should anything be signed? Should everything be signed and dated?

What recepites?? The copy of the lease is ok. You dont need to sign it extra.

Write on the back of each pict: date, people on the pict and place take it.

It is good if you have some leeters from friends or family about your proof your relationship.

the evidance need to proof that you are togheter to get marry not you just you know each other as a leasee and tenant.

Maybe you have a joint accaount...

Good luck with the processing...

K1 Visa

2010-08-15: I-129F Sent

2010-08-19: I-129F NOA1

2010-02-03: I-129F RFE(s)

2010-03-03: RFE Reply(s)

2011-06-29: I-129F NOA2

2011-07-02: NVC Received

2011-07-19: NVC Left

2011-07-21: Consulate Received

2011-07-25: Packet 3 Received

2011-07-26: Packet 3 Sent

2011-08-11: Packet 4 Received

Timeline

Nie podpisuj zadnej strony paszportu - poprostu wyslij copy. My wyslalismy kolorowe kopie paszportow.

Nie podpisuj copy birth certificate (moze byc krotka forma).

What recepites?? The copy of the lease is ok. You dont need to sign it extra.

Write on the back of each pict: date, people on the pict and place take it.

It is good if you have some leeters from friends or family about your proof your relationship.

the evidance need to proof that you are togheter to get marry not you just you know each other as a leasee and tenant.

Maybe you have a joint accaount...

Good luck with the processing...

The only thing that is signed is the cover letter and official forms that have a place for a signature.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.