jkb11

Putting the I-129F package together

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So, as of Dec 8th 2011 we're happily engaged :dance: and were putting the I-129F package together during the weekend. We're almost done, but I have a few questions regarding the contents of the package. I hope you guys can help me with this :)

- We are submitting both a copy of birth certificate and copy of all pages of my fiancee's U.S. passport (I'm the beneficiary). That's because I think the Indiana Birth Certificate she has in her possession is the short one, so just to be on the safe side, we send the passport copy as well. Now the question is - should every passport page copy be signed by her? Should the copy of the birth certificate be signed? Should they also be dated?

- We are going to submit a few pages of recepits (3-4 receipts per page - is that okay?), copy of car purchase contract in both names, copy of apartment lease with her as the leasee and me as tenant. We have put descriptions on the back of each page. Is that fine? Also, should anything be signed? Should everything be signed and dated?

- We have also put a few pictures of us (in color) as evidence, writing the date and place of given picture being taken. Should the pictures be signed?

Thank in advance for your replies :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So, as of Dec 8th 2011 we're happily engaged :dance: and were putting the I-129F package together during the weekend. We're almost done, but I have a few questions regarding the contents of the package. I hope you guys can help me with this :)

- We are submitting both a copy of birth certificate and copy of all pages of my fiancee's U.S. passport (I'm the beneficiary). That's because I think the Indiana Birth Certificate she has in her possession is the short one, so just to be on the safe side, we send the passport copy as well. Now the question is - should every passport page copy be signed by her? Should the copy of the birth certificate be signed? Should they also be dated?

- We are going to submit a few pages of recepits (3-4 receipts per page - is that okay?), copy of car purchase contract in both names, copy of apartment lease with her as the leasee and me as tenant. We have put descriptions on the back of each page. Is that fine? Also, should anything be signed? Should everything be signed and dated?

- We have also put a few pictures of us (in color) as evidence, writing the date and place of given picture being taken. Should the pictures be signed?

If I recall, birth certificate and/or passport is from US Citizen only. With the other documents, be careful of what you send has proof of having joint documents together. Depending on the US embassy in the country of the beneficiary, things can be considered married. I suggest you read the instructions on the USCIS website.. and provide the proofs or follow steps that is stated in the instructions.

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Timeline

Thank you.

This doesn't answer my question, though. I know that the birth certificate/US passport copy is from U.S. citizen only. My question was if the petitioner needs to sign / date each page of the copies.

We are not married, I am not sending anything that would indicate we are married either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Timeline

Thank you.

I've read all this information before and I can't find anything related to the fact of signing / dating the copy of birth certificate / us passport copies / evidence. Should I assume that such signatures and/or dating are not needed?

Edited by jkb11

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you.

This doesn't answer my question, though. I know that the birth certificate/US passport copy is from U.S. citizen only. My question was if the petitioner needs to sign / date each page of the copies.

We are not married, I am not sending anything that would indicate we are married either.

I think the confusion comes from you mentioning an Indian birth Certificate. If the US Citizen was born outside the USA, their birth certificate is not needed. USC birth certificates are used as evidence of citizenship. When the USC is born abroad, they use a Naturalization Certificate OR all pages of their US passport as evidence of US Citizenship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

From reading other peoples files and their succession, I think it's safe to say that it isn't necessary to have them signed since the other documents in your petition packet already have your date and signature.

But of course, I'm not a pro at this either, I'm waiting to mail my I-129F as well. But make sure you copy the back of your Birth certificate as well.

Timeline

From reading other peoples files and their succession, I think it's safe to say that it isn't necessary to have them signed since the other documents in your petition packet already have your date and signature.

But of course, I'm not a pro at this either, I'm waiting to mail my I-129F as well. But make sure you copy the back of your Birth certificate as well.

No need to sign papers that don't have a place for a signature.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you.

I didn't sign each page (only the forms and documents that require it), I didn't find anywhere that USCIS requested that. Would it matter if the petitioner signed them all, doubt it, sign away but I don't think it matters one way or the other.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Except for the evidence (back of photos) right?

Printing a full name and "signing" are not the same thing.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone!

No signatures other than on the forms the intent letter (and the cover letter) are required.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

My petitioner didn't sign the copies of birth certificates etc, just the forms where indicated and backs of passport photos... hope that helps :)

Petition sent: 21.10.11

NOA1: 24.10.11

NOA2: 18.01.12

Package 3 arrived: 01.02.12

Medical: 16.03.12

Package 3 sent: 22.03.12

Package 4 arrived: 07.04.12

Interview date: 24.04.12

Timeline

My petitioner didn't sign the copies of birth certificates etc, just the forms where indicated and backs of passport photos... hope that helps :)

Again, you do not SIGN the back of passport photos. You hand PRINT the full name. My signature is not my full name. My wife did nothing to her passport photo. I PRINTED her full name on it. Some "signatures" are not legible. Please pay attention to accuracy folks. Don't "sign" passport photos.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.