Bad_Daddy

Lowe's pulls ads from TV show about US Muslims

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Here's a question(s):

In these countries where a woman can be put in prison for being raped; I'm assuming that most people find that as appaling as I do. What is it going to take for things to change there? Obviously, since she was freed after a petition was sent in, the people in authority will listen when there is a public outcry; so, why isn't there more protests over these types of situations? Why is this even allowed to occur at all?

What countries do this? Name 'em.

That's the difference between a lot of Muslims and the 21st century culture in the West. Muslims will march in the streets by the thousands burning flags, torching cars and embassies while putting a bounty on some guy over a cartoon, yet they don't seem to do much over some gal being put in prison after she was raped.

Muslims have their priority's all fckd up.

You don't really know what goes on locally. You're just assuming you know.

Link me then to the vids and articles with pics of the mass protest going on for this rape victim sitting in prison. I'm sure Al Jezzera would have something on it if there was anything worth reporting. Maybe even a local paper or two.

Link me please.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

While your at it lets see the international condemnation from leaders of other Muslim countries in regards to this girl, or even similar instances of this that go on in other Muslim countries. Iran comes to mind as does Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Iv'e yet to see anything like that in the press or on the news, and my news isn't just limited to Western owned press.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Link me then to the vids and articles with pics of the mass protest going on for this rape victim sitting in prison. I'm sure Al Jezzera would have something on it if there was anything worth reporting. Maybe even a local paper or two.

Link me please.

The lac of a mass protest doesn't indicate a lack of morality. A rape victim, jailed in Florida, didn't inspire mass protests. Are Americans all immoral creatures now?

The lac of a mass protest doesn't indicate a lack of morality. A rape victim, jailed in Florida, didn't inspire mass protests. Are Americans all immoral creatures now?

Give it up. The more you post the deeper the hole gets.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

While your at it lets see the international condemnation from leaders of other Muslim countries in regards to this girl, or even similar instances of this that go on in other Muslim countries. Iran comes to mind as does Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Iv'e yet to see anything like that in the press or on the news, and my news isn't just limited to Western owned press.

You don't set the bar for what world leaders do. Nor do either of us control what is published in the press. I fail to see your point, seriously. In fact, your effort are funny considering you have nothing to go on for your opinions other than the media, which has proven biases.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You can't generalize everybody just because they are one religion or another. If you add the total number of muslims in the world... its more than 1.5 billion. Out of that 1.5 billion you have a sect that does indeed go against what Islam is about. Just as you have christians, jews, hindus, etc that also go against their own teaching. If muslims wanted to do harm to everybody... with 1.5 billion of them don't you think they could just do it?

Most of muslims, jews, christians are peaceful caring ppl just wanting to create a life with their families happily and help others.

So i do think this is just wrong of Lowes to pull this add when all this show is trying to do is create some knowledge instead of fear.

I agree too its much better to watch this type of show rather than some crazy reality show that goes against good values and morals.

So why is muslim community making a big deal of Lowes pulling it out.

If they want to pull out let them pull out why are ppl whining and crying.

Timeline

Give it up. The more you post the deeper the hole gets.

Not really; your black hole started deeper than mine can ever get. I've lived in the places you only read about, and my job involved dealing with victims of injustice, so I definitely know there is more to this than the one-dimensional demonic vision you offer of Muslim people.

You enjoy stirring up hatred and religious division. That's a trend on this board that, thank God, doesn't reflect real life. I depend on the fact that there are more leaders out there than followers who uncritically believe everything they read on the internet.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Here's a question(s):

In these countries where a woman can be put in prison for being raped; I'm assuming that most people find that as appaling as I do. What is it going to take for things to change there? Obviously, since she was freed after a petition was sent in, the people in authority will listen when there is a public outcry; so, why isn't there more protests over these types of situations? Why is this even allowed to occur at all?

Is this an argument for Why Me's theory that Muslim people are inherently more violent towards women than "western" people ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

People are " whining and crying" bc Lowes gave into to a crazy schoolyard bully. You're crying and whining about the western countries giving in to muslims..if they want to accomodate them why are you whining and crying?

My husband lived in Algeria until the age of 24. I won't go into details of why he left Algeria, which was the reason behind his asylum claim, but he's happy to live in a place that affords him the right to live with decency and self respect. We are normal people just like you all: we botb have degrees and work full time, we save for retirement and college funds, we go to hershey park and disney world, we grocery shop, we argue, I criticize his driving, and just about every other stupid mundane thing you do on a daily basis. The only difference being he has some facial fuzz and I wear a scarf. We're normal people who just want to raise our children and have a happy life. Start seeing us as real people...there are hundreds of millions of muslims just like us.

event.png

Not really; your black hole started deeper than mine can ever get. I've lived in the places you only read about, and my job involved dealing with victims of injustice, so I definitely know there is more to this than the one-dimensional demonic vision you offer of Muslim people.

You enjoy stirring up hatred and religious division. That's a trend on this board that, thank God, doesn't reflect real life. I depend on the fact that there are more leaders out there than followers who uncritically believe everything they read on the internet.

Provide those links I asked for or save it.

Is this an argument for Why Me's theory that Muslim people are inherently more violent towards women than "western" people ?

Save the bs and answer his question please.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Provide those links I asked for or save it.

Save the bs and answer his question please.

You mean like you answered mine ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

People are " whining and crying" bc Lowes gave into to a crazy schoolyard bully. You're crying and whining about the western countries giving in to muslims..if they want to accomodate them why are you whining and crying?

The leaders of some Western Countries want to accommodate them, not the people living in said countries.

My husband lived in Algeria until the age of 24. I won't go into details of why he left Algeria, which was the reason behind his asylum claim, but he's happy to live in a place that affords him the right to live with decency and self respect. We are normal people just like you all: we botb have degrees and work full time, we save for retirement and college funds, we go to hershey park and disney world, we grocery shop, we argue, I criticize his driving, and just about every other stupid mundane thing you do on a daily basis. The only difference being he has some facial fuzz and I wear a scarf. We're normal people who just want to raise our children and have a happy life. Start seeing us as real people...there are hundreds of millions of muslims just like us.

Then I'm sure you don't have a problem with any of our secular laws in this country and being a devout Muslim I'm sure you have made your voice heard in regards to the crimes being committed against Muslim women in Muslim countries. I mean that is all part of being a "good Muslim" isn't it?

sigbet.jpg

You know and I know that those figures are due to the Natives up here. It's nothing for them do get drunk and screw the nearest female no matter if or how she's related. It's what they do.

Oh my God, it's always somebody other than the white man, isn't it?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.