VeniyaAO

Fiancee left me after 3 weeks

255 posts in this topic

DO NOT MEET WITH THIS WOMAN ALONE IS RIGHT !

Officer: What happened Miss ?

Scammer Woman: He touched me, he grabbed my arm ?

Officer: Is that right ? Well, we will take him to jail and he can't come back home. You can stay in his house if you have been staying there. He wont be coming home for a few months. He will need a good attorney and they start at $ 5,000. Don't worry about it if your story isn't true because everyone assumes the man is guilty in a case like this. Only when they go to court to dispute the charges and strongly protest does anybody attempt to believe they are innocent. Listen, since you are pretty and I feel sorry for you, I will help you and judge him guilty and write/bend the police report in your favor... okay ? It's our secret. :bonk:

Warning: Recording phone conversations with only one party knowing in Florida is a felony. Check your state laws before doing that.

Please please listen to this advice..This is why me and my fiance was rejected for our interview on monday. My ex wife just told the police this made up story 2 days after i catch her with another man..The story involed her saying that i dragged her up a flight of stairs Wich they call (2nd degree kidnapping) Later the charges where dropped and it still came up at our interview..Wich set the tone for the interviewer..Please protect yourself because the law WILL be on her side WITHOUT having to have any PROOF.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

VERY IMPORTANT! I don't know if someone mentioned this or not, because I don't really have time to read all 11 pages...

File a MISSING PERSON REPORT with the local police. They will investigate, and you will have documentation. When you tell them all the circumstances, the investigation will show she left. This will give you legal documentation in addition to your talking to USCIS about what she did.

Good luck! This is a very isolated situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I haven't finished reading all of the posts yet so someone may have already addressed this again. While she is able to marry another man, she is NOT able to use that marriage to stay in the US. Her K-1 visa was issued in order for her to marry you. If she does not marry you, then she is not allowed to substitute another person and try to adjust status through marriage to someone else. You are her only ticket to staying legally in the US. That is why I suggested earlier - and others have cautioned since - that you need to be aware she may try to come back and pass her leaving off as an innocent error on her part and try to get you to marry her. That means she has discovered she cannot stay in the US by any other means.

It may be that she did not want to continue a relationship with you as you mentioned in one of your earlier posts (that was quoted here). It may be that she was already communicating with the other man and the two of them thought that it would be a short-cut for them to get together by her continuing on your K-1 visa, then her going to him and getting married. That may very well be a possibility, in which case they will discover that adjustment of status is not an option for her. All she can do is leave the country and have her new husband petition for her all over again - a situation that I am sure the Consulate and USCIS would take a very good look at.

Regardless, unless she marries you and applies to adjust her status to a permanent resident through marriage to you and only you, she will not be able to remain legally in the US, either unmarried or married to someone else.

I hope you have taken the steps outlined above (great post, btw T-Bone!) to protect yourself. She may have no intention of using you further now that she has been able to get to the US, but you have no way of knowing her motivation and need to proceed as if it were the worst case scenario, for your own protection.

Good luck.

Out of curiousity, because I am new to VJ, is it possible for her to have a pending petition with someone else in the US? But yet she used the OP as a means of being reunited with her "real" fiance/husband, seeing that she has been contacting people from other states. & the OP did mention that she spoke with her grandma about the upcoming wedding? She could have been indeed been speaking of wedding plans, just not with him. But the real ? is, is it possible to have 2 petitions circulating.........well........ another petition circulating, as this one is almost complete. ?????? Just asking.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been reading a few more pages in this thread. As pointed out there are some serious inconsistencies in the OP's story. The situation as been repeated and he has used similar descriptive words in his pasts posts. Be aware everyone that there is a disorder called Munchausen syndrome where people make false stories to get attention. I saw a person get found out in a photography forum of all places. This guy had continuous drama all of which was proven to be a lie. The individual confessed fully to me and said he had the disorder for years. He was on many forums with a handful of personalities.

So, while the OP may truly be in need of our help and we should assume he is honest, protect your emotions and realize he could be making these stories up. His story is a K1 VISA immigration nightmare which he could be exploiting.

Filed: Timeline

Out of curiousity, because I am new to VJ, is it possible for her to have a pending petition with someone else in the US? But yet she used the OP as a means of being reunited with her "real" fiance/husband, seeing that she has been contacting people from other states. & the OP did mention that she spoke with her grandma about the upcoming wedding? She could have been indeed been speaking of wedding plans, just not with him. But the real ? is, is it possible to have 2 petitions circulating.........well........ another petition circulating, as this one is almost complete. ?????? Just asking.

She needs an approved petition in order to adjust status. If she marries somebody else within 180 days of arriving in the US, and leaves the US within that 180 days, she can have her new husband files a new petition while she waits in the Philippines. Otherwise, she faces bars to reentry based on how long her overstay lasts. There are other possibilities...

Edited by Crusty Old Perv

Filed: Timeline

She needs an approved petition in order to adjust status. If she marries somebody else within 180 days of arriving in the US, and leaves the US within that 180 days, she can have her new husband files a new petition while she waits in the Philippines in her own country. Otherwise, she faces bars to reentry based on how long her overstay lasts. There are other possibilities...

I am used to stories like this from the Philippines. :blush:

I've been reading a few more pages in this thread. As pointed out there are some serious inconsistencies in the OP's story. The situation as been repeated and he has used similar descriptive words in his pasts posts. Be aware everyone that there is a disorder called Munchausen syndrome where people make false stories to get attention. I saw a person get found out in a photography forum of all places. This guy had continuous drama all of which was proven to be a lie. The individual confessed fully to me and said he had the disorder for years. He was on many forums with a handful of personalities.

So, while the OP may truly be in need of our help and we should assume he is honest, protect your emotions and realize he could be making these stories up. His story is a K1 VISA immigration nightmare which he could be exploiting.

Thank You, Sherlock Holmes! :whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank You, Sherlock Holmes! :whistle:

Yeah. I thought munchausen was cheese.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I've been reading a few more pages in this thread. As pointed out there are some serious inconsistencies in the OP's story. The situation as been repeated and he has used similar descriptive words in his pasts posts. Be aware everyone that there is a disorder called Munchausen syndrome where people make false stories to get attention.

Wow, Thank You Captain Obvious!

Munchausen Syndrome??? Hmm, why does that sound familiar??? Maybe becuase I said the same damn thing 10 pages ago ! :bonk:

Is there a syndrome for copying other's post? :rofl:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

:blink:

:thumbs: I made a similar comment a few days ago in a similar thread, I asked the moderators if they could create an "Oprah/Dr Phil" Forum Catagory.

I got flamed out of existence. :blush:

:rofl:

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

All USCIS is concerned with is that the petition is filed correctly, both parties are legally free to marry and have met in the prior 2 years. Ohh - and most importantly - a check or money order for $340...

AZ... I beg to differ with you.

We also bare the burden of proving the GENUINENESS OF THE RELATIONSHIP... THE SUBJECTIVE... not simply the objectivity of a relationship, which could in fact be little relationship at all.

PLEASE........................

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, Thank You Captain Obvious!

Munchausen Syndrome??? Hmm, why does that sound familiar??? Maybe becuase I said the same damn thing 10 pages ago ! :bonk:

Is there a syndrome for copying other's post? :rofl:

Sorry...you get credit for the cheese post. Can't read all ...too busy filling forms!!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not realistically. She needs a visa to enter the US. Each visa issued has specific criteria and terms that must be satisfied. While it is possible to have more than one application filed, generally they need to be compatible, and when one is 'activated' it generally cancels the other. I am thinking about sponsoring family members overseas such as a parent sponsoring a child. There is a long waiting time for that petition to be approved. If the child falls in love with a US citizen who then sponsors him/her to the US it moves faster than the other petition so is likely to take place first. With family based visa like this, the first one that takes effect negates the need for another and the petition is often then administratively cancelled. This is actually happening a lot with what is known as a K-3 visa - the petitioner files two separate petitions and if the spousal petition gets approved first, the other one is usually cancelled. If the second petition is approved first, then the beneficiary has a choice either to come to the US and complete the immigration process here or continue waiting for the spousal visa and proceed with that.

The problem in this situation is that once she used the K-1 visa to enter the US she negated the option of continuing in any other process except for the route determined by the K-1 visa - to marry the petitioner and adjust status through his sponsorship. The restrictions are very clear on this type of visa. If she had another type of visa applied for - a separate K-1 or even a spousal visa - that would have been picked up by USCIS and/or the FBI during security checks and both visas would probably have been denied. She may have been planning on entering the US with the K-1 visa and then marrying someone else, not realizing that the K-1 visa did not allow this to be a legal route to the US. If this is what she ends up doing, she is not able to remain in the US. There are no legal grounds for her to become a permanent resident while still in the US. She would need to leave the US and before she was here long enough to incur penalty out of status days which would earn her a 3 year of 10 year ban on re-entry to the US, and her new husband would have to start his own petition to sponsor her to the US as his wife.

So, while it is possible in some situations, it is virtually impossible in this situation, and if on the long shot there was another petition circulating, she used the K-1 visa and is obligated now to follow its terms and conditions. A visa, by the way, is for entering the US so she can only enter the US by one means. She would have to leave to take advantage of any other visa.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

My heart is broke.

:crying:

My fiancee arrived the Nov. 15th. I have been the happiest guy in the world with my fiancee until I got home from work today and found out she was gone. No message, no communication, her luggage is gone.

She seemed very happy here. We did lots of shopping, eating out, got a christmas tree in the forest, hockey games, cooking together..... I thought we were very happy as far as I knew. We had a great evening together last night, she seemed more romantic then ever and I went to work this morning like normal. She was talking to me via phone messages all day as usual.

Her phone is shut off now from the moment I arrived home from work. I tried to send her an email and it was rejected.

I do not know where she is. She does not know any people around my city. I found out through my phone bill she has been talking to people in 3 other states a lot for days so I assume she is in one of those states becuase she did not know anyone here.

I can not believe this has happened to me. I treated her like a princess always. I do not understand why women use men. I have known her for 2 years and we talked every day. How can women be so heartless to just leave and not say anything? I put 100's of hours into helping her get her visa and paid for everything. And she leaves me without any conversation at all?

I am confused as to what to do? Report her missing? Call the numbers she was calling? I don't think they will tell me anything she must have beening organizing with them to leave.

wow I'm so sorry, :/ not all women are like that....thats a very inhuman one wow! even horror stories where i hear of the person using the usc they didnt leave within 3 weeks n completely move away ...darn....take it as a lesson learn now plz take all precautions as mentioned to u from others.....

Ro

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.