Floella

Administrative processing?!

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting :( I was hoping I'd get some new after the new years, but still pending. Ughhhh...

But I am happy for those of you that have finally gotten through.

I have been in AP for over a month now :(

K-1 Visa

October 8, 2010: Engaged
March 10, 2011: Filed Petition
March 14, 2011: NOA 1
June 23, 2011: NOA 2
July 19, 2011: Packet 3 received
August 1, 2011: Packet 4 received
November 29, 2011: Interview at Montreal (Approved)
December 8, 2011: Placed into AP (lasted 72 days)
February 22, 2012: Visa in hand!
February 24, 2012: POE (Peace Bridge)
March 9, 2012: Married!

AOS Journey

March 14, 2012: Mailed I-485 (AOS)
May 24, 2012: I-485 NOA
June 18, 2012: Biometrics

March 15, 2013: Service Request

March 27, 2013: Service Request Response

April 26, 2013: APPROVAL!

May 7, 2013: GC Recieved

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting :( I was hoping I'd get some new after the new years, but still pending. Ughhhh...

But I am happy for those of you that have finally gotten through.

I have been in AP for over a month now :(

Floella, I understand what you are going through. But I hope this helps. I know someone that was in AP recently and it took 6 weeks. I can almost assure that you will get it within the next two weeks. Stay positive.

Timeline

Floella, I understand what you are going through. But I hope this helps. I know someone that was in AP recently and it took 6 weeks. I can almost assure that you will get it within the next two weeks. Stay positive.

Our AP nightmare began a couple days before Floella's. Can you predict when we'll get ours, FightWithHope?

I sincerely hope Floella's AP is resolved within the next two weeks, but I wouldn't bank on it. Hate to be the downer at the party, but there's no way to say such things!

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Timeline

Our AP nightmare began a couple days before Floella's. Can you predict when we'll get ours, FightWithHope?

I sincerely hope Floella's AP is resolved within the next two weeks, but I wouldn't bank on it. Hate to be the downer at the party, but there's no way to say such things!

Tercerero,

From my experience and knowledge, Montreal consulate/DOS use the term "AP" for almost all the reasons. What I mean by that is if your visa is slow to process, they will safely use that term to make you wait. Although I am not sure what your situation is, As long as you get them the documents they request and there's no fault at your side, no need to worry and it's a matter of waiting. Unless there's a serious concern on their side when they did a background check on you. Normally AP doesn't go more than two months @ montreal. Might be little longer for you due to the holidays. Good Luck and keep us posted. :thumbs:

Timeline

Tercerero,

From my experience and knowledge, Montreal consulate/DOS use the term "AP" for almost all the reasons. What I mean by that is if your visa is slow to process, they will safely use that term to make you wait. Although I am not sure what your situation is, As long as you get them the documents they request and there's no fault at your side, no need to worry and it's a matter of waiting. Unless there's a serious concern on their side when they did a background check on you. Normally AP doesn't go more than two months @ montreal. Might be little longer for you due to the holidays. Good Luck and keep us posted. :thumbs:

I hope you're right. We are starting to finally consider sending a letter to the senator/congressmen to inquire further into the process because it's tough just sitting and waiting without knowing exactly when it'll resolve.

Did they ever tell you why they were put into AP? And what were the dates for their interview and the date they received their visa?

I can't imagine what could possibly make them tell me that I would receive my visa within 5 days and then place me into AP. It's very confusing and aggravating because I was sitting around making travel plans and packing up. I'm actually still living out of boxes from the packing I did back then in anticipation. Sigh.

Edited by Floella

K-1 Visa

AOS Journey

Timeline

Yeah, I gotta say Floella was particularly eff'ed over by the consulate. She left with approval and without a 221g, only to be informed about AP when she inquired as to when she might actually receive her visa. That's freaking crazy!

At least my husband was straight up informed and left with a 221g, as opposed to left twisting in the wind.

Once a week I call DOS to ask what our status is (forever "pending"), and I always ask if they need anything from us ("Nope, we have everything"). From day one we submitted everything they wanted and we were never given RFEs or anything. We don't need a co-sponsor either.

We're clueless as to what the issue is; although, from perusing the AP forum, I have to say the most common denominator between cases is the beneficiary being a Male of Arabic Descent. My Christian, Anglo-Canadian husband with an Arabic last name may be up against this...

Edited by Tercerero

event.png

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Timeline

Yeah, I gotta say Floella was particularly eff'ed over by the consulate. She left with approval and without a 221g, only to be informed about AP when she inquired as to when she might actually receive her visa. That's freaking crazy!

At least my husband was straight up informed and left with a 221g, as opposed to left twisting in the wind.

Once a week I call DOS to ask what our status is (forever "pending"), and I always ask if they need anything from us ("Nope, we have everything"). From day one we submitted everything they wanted and we were never given RFEs or anything. We don't need a co-sponsor either.

We're clueless as to what the issue is; although, from perusing the AP forum, I have to say the most common denominator between cases is the beneficiary being a Male of Arabic Descent. My Christian, Anglo-Canadian husband with an Arabic last name may be up against this...

Yeah we've never had a single RFE either. And DOS tells me all our documentation is complete as well. It's just so tiresome waiting.

K-1 Visa

AOS Journey

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I am curious to know, how many ofyou are still in AP.

I am concerned that my wife might be placed in to AP as she is a Pakistani citizen and Canadian PR. I was trying to find out how long the process took for you guys. I don't know what I would do if she was placed in AP. I am having tough enough time waiting for NOA2 but with AP there is no knowing.

USCIS

07/24/2011 Got married in Toronto

09/12/2011 Filed I-130

09/13/2011 NOA1

09/16/2011 Touched

03/23/2012 NOA2 (192 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

05/08/12: NVC Case Number, IIN, BID Received

05/08/12: Filled DS261 Online

05/08/12: Sent Optin Email for Electronic Processing

05/08/12: AOS Fee Paid

Timeline

Hello, on February 7, my husband received an email from the Consulate requesting his passport for processing. We believe that means AP is over for us. We won't know for sure until he submits his passport, and he's decided to wait a little while because he wants to join some planned family trips at the end of this month.

That would mean our AP ended after 65 days. We hope anyway.

You're right to be concerned. My husband was born and raised a Canadian citizen although his parent were born Egyptian and became Canadian PRs, so maybe, just maybe, that is why we got the short end. I don't know. We'll probably never know. Even with all our ducks in a row, we couldn't have predicted AP. However, many individuals do not go into AP regardless of their circumstances. I'm sorry you've even been waiting so long for your NOA2.

event.png

Hello, on February 7, my husband received an email from the Consulate requesting his passport for processing. We believe that means AP is over for us. We won't know for sure until he submits his passport, and he's decided to wait a little while because he wants to join some planned family trips at the end of this month.

That would mean our AP ended after 65 days. We hope anyway.

You're right to be concerned. My husband was born and raised a Canadian citizen although his parent were born Egyptian and became Canadian PRs, so maybe, just maybe, that is why we got the short end. I don't know. We'll probably never know. Even with all our ducks in a row, we couldn't have predicted AP. However, many individuals do not go into AP regardless of their circumstances. I'm sorry you've even been waiting so long for your NOA2.

This looks like good news.. Congrats! I hope this mess is FINALLY over! :)

Timeline

I am curious to know, how many ofyou are still in AP.

I am concerned that my wife might be placed in to AP as she is a Pakistani citizen and Canadian PR. I was trying to find out how long the process took for you guys. I don't know what I would do if she was placed in AP. I am having tough enough time waiting for NOA2 but with AP there is no knowing.

I am still in AP. I am pretty much exactly in your situation. I'm a Canadian citizen but I was born in Pakistan and attained Canadian citizenship when I was a kid. I do not know if that is the case for being in AP, but my fiance and I cannot imagine what else it is.

I have been in AP now for 71 days. I recently emailed the consulate in Montreal asking them to give me ANY information they can. Their response was going to decide whether my fiance will contact his congressman or not. They responded saying that a Consular Officer is reviewing my case now and that we should hear about it "soon" so at this point we have decided to wait another 2 weeks before contacting my fiance's congressman. We're hoping that this means it's finally coming to a close but we're not certain.

K-1 Visa

AOS Journey

Timeline

I recently emailed the consulate in Montreal asking them to give me ANY information they can. Their response was going to decide whether my fiance will contact his congressman or not. They responded saying that a Consular Officer is reviewing my case now and that we should hear about it "soon" so at this point we have decided to wait another 2 weeks before contacting my fiance's congressman.

Hey Floella. I'm so sorry you're still stuck in limbo. Frankly, though, I'm really shocked the Consulate responded at all to your inquiry (and also so quickly) considering they advise us not to email for status updates. I'm going to take this as a good sign.

I think about you guys just about every day, and I often check in just to see if you posted good news.

event.png

Timeline

Hey Floella. I'm so sorry you're still stuck in limbo. Frankly, though, I'm really shocked the Consulate responded at all to your inquiry (and also so quickly) considering they advise us not to email for status updates. I'm going to take this as a good sign.

I think about you guys just about every day, and I often check in just to see if you posted good news.

Yeah, I was shocked they responded as well. But we have not tried to send a lot of emails to them over this and in my email I explained to them how long we have been waiting, how we have not had any updates at all, and how we understand that they need to follow AP according to the law but that we're desperate for any update at all on when this will be resolved so I honestly think whoever read the email just took pity on us.

I hope it's good news soon too. I'm mostly terrified that we'll get denied for something ridiculous, I don't know if they can do that after telling me it's been approved...but then again, we never imagined I'd get placed into AP after being told I should expect my visa in the mail either. :(

K-1 Visa

AOS Journey

Timeline

I am still in AP. I am pretty much exactly in your situation. I'm a Canadian citizen but I was born in Pakistan and attained Canadian citizenship when I was a kid. I do not know if that is the case for being in AP, but my fiance and I cannot imagine what else it is.

I have been in AP now for 71 days. I recently emailed the consulate in Montreal asking them to give me ANY information they can. Their response was going to decide whether my fiance will contact his congressman or not. They responded saying that a Consular Officer is reviewing my case now and that we should hear about it "soon" so at this point we have decided to wait another 2 weeks before contacting my fiance's congressman. We're hoping that this means it's finally coming to a close but we're not certain.

Sorry to hear this. I hope it gets resolved very soon. Do you have a very common name?

USCIS

07/24/2011 Got married in Toronto

09/12/2011 Filed I-130

09/13/2011 NOA1

09/16/2011 Touched

03/23/2012 NOA2 (192 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

05/08/12: NVC Case Number, IIN, BID Received

05/08/12: Filled DS261 Online

05/08/12: Sent Optin Email for Electronic Processing

05/08/12: AOS Fee Paid

Timeline

Sorry to hear this. I hope it gets resolved very soon. Do you have a very common name?

Yes, I do. We do think that's a possibility for being put into AP as well.

Honestly, I'd plan for being put into AP if I was you. It's better to be prepared for it than not prepared at all (as was the case with us) and then deal with the waiting and the disappointment. But I hope your wife dodges the bullet. I saw your other post about booking the venue for your reception. I really hope things work out for you!

Edited by Floella

K-1 Visa

AOS Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.