18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry if I am wrong but I have never heard of two differnt types of SSI benefits. My children receive SSI benefits due to medical issues and I have never heard of being welfare.

SSDI is disability insurance for people who have worked and paid enough into Social Security to qualify for retirement benefits. SSI is federal welfare for people who are unable to work and have not earned SSDI benefits, or for low-income parents who have disabled children. SSI is a means-tested public benefit, and is therefore not allowable income for an affidavit of support. The whole point of an affidavit of support is to guarantee the US government that the intending immigrant will not collect means-tested public benefits in the US. You can't use means-tested public benefits to make that guarantee.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:wacko: Hi guys! wat other income besides emploment could we use rhe I134 form for K1 visa's I child support and SSI for two disabled kids and I wasnt sure if I could use them or not. your input is very much needed thanks so much.:help:

hello!! may i please know the disability of your kids and their ages? i have a mentally handicapped daughter who is of legal age and i am not sure if she could be included as a child in the petition for K-1 visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:wacko: Hi guys! wat other income besides emploment could we use rhe I134 form for K1 visa's I child support and SSI for two disabled kids and I wasnt sure if I could use them or not. your input is very much needed thanks so much.:help:

hello... may i know ur kids disablity and their ages? i have a mentally handicapped/deficient daughter who is of legal age and i am not sure if she could qualify and be included in my K-1 visa petition as a child..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.