Linababe

Re-applying for the K1 visa

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Situation: If one has the interview date for the K1 visa and unfortunately circumstances dont work out and the K1 visa has been officially cancelled. Then lets say a few months down the line things get back to normal and the petyitioner wants to continue the original plans.

Does anyone know how long the London embassy would keep the existing K1 file open?

Could one just ring them to say this was the case number can we proceed?

Would the petitioner have to start all over again?

If a new case is started, then would the immigration ppl see red flags? will they be more cautions and question everything?

Is there a time limit before the petitioner could petition again for the same person?

Has anyone out there re-applyed for the k1 visa for the same person??

Any idea/comments/advice appreciated.

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

If the K1 was officially cancelled I would think you would need to re-apply with a new I-129F petition. I don't believe the second petition would bring up red flags - besides those brought about by new IMBRA rules regarding multiple petitions. Not sure of the exact limitations on number of petitions (the new I-129F forms will tell you) but a waiver may be required. All relationships have their ups and downs and I don't believe that would be held against you.

Perhaps check the status with the embassy and if cancelled/expired you may be able to pick up from where you left off.

Good luck. :)

Edited by michellek1976

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Situation: If one has the interview date for the K1 visa and unfortunately circumstances dont work out and the K1 visa has been officially cancelled. Then lets say a few months down the line things get back to normal and the petyitioner wants to continue the original plans.

Does anyone know how long the London embassy would keep the existing K1 file open?

If a new case is started, then would the immigration ppl see red flags? will they be more cautions and question everything?

Is there a time limit before the petitioner could petition again for the same person?

Lina (UKC)

You start all over again. The original "file" is closed and will not be reopened. You need to complete the paperwork again, pay the $170, G325s, etc. Would USCIS see "red flags"? These people are always looking for red flags. Question #11 on the I-129F that asks if you've ever filed before. You'd respond "YES" and give the name of the beneficiary and the "A#" if it was received. You could explain your situation on a seperate piece of paper, but it is not necessary.

Just file again. You'll be OK.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Lina (UKC)

You start all over again. The original "file" is closed and will not be reopened. You need to complete the paperwork again, pay the $170, G325s, etc. Would USCIS see "red flags"? These people are always looking for red flags. Question #11 on the I-129F that asks if you've ever filed before. You'd respond "YES" and give the name of the beneficiary and the "A#" if it was received. You could explain your situation on a seperate piece of paper, but it is not necessary.

Just file again. You'll be OK.

Forgot to mention......

Your timeline shows that your Interview is October 12, 2006. You should FIRST, contact the Embassy. I'd think that you are still on track just from reading your timeline.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Filed: Timeline
Firstly we need an answer here as to how the long the approval for Lina's current petition is good. I don't know that.

Pending that answer will determine her next step..............

Well, they're good for 4 months, right? I think....

Edited by devilette

Filed: Timeline

I say contact the Embassy about keeping the application open, but one of the other posters brought up some good points. If this is the second time your fiance has broken it off with you, are you sure this is the right guy for you? I think you should be more concerned with YOU and the state of your relationship than your visa app.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Lina,

Seriously... you have 6 months to use the visa. Go to the interview. Get the visa. See what happens. It might be difficult emotionally, but the time it will take to re-apply will be very difficult on the two you, especially considering what you've already been through.

Thinking of you,

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you officially cancel your K1 application, you need to start a new one.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

Thank you all for your comments advice .

Ok as far as I know the NOA2 would expire in October as when I emailed the embassy some time ago asking how long I have to mail in my pack 3 they said as long as it is sent in by october - which we finally did. I have emailed the embassy asking if they can postpone my interview till some time in november as I am having family and personal problems - I have yet to hear from them.

I cant go to the medical and interview as David was supposed to send me the money to do so - and I really cant afford to pay for it just yet. Beside his employer letter was a fax and was not signed - so I had asked him to get a new one signed which ofcourse he hasnt done so now cuz of him getting cold feet etc.

If I contact the embassy what can I say? my partner and I are having problems right now can you hold open our case? will that not sound bad?

So basically all I can do is wait for the embassy to email me back about the postponing for the interview to november - if things still havent been worked out by then I need to contact them again to see how long the case can remain open right?

I am so devastated by all this I know he is just getting cold feet as all we have done recently is argue about the visa stuff, I am so stressed with it all and I know most of it is my fault. I forgot about US and having fun and our relationship - Damn it anyoen going through this visa process please be careful not to let it take over and ruin your relationship like it has done with mine.

Lina

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

I'm so very sorry Lina. I hope you take care of yourself and get this all sorted. I wish I had some idea of what is the best route from you here on out. Just take care of yourself, don't listen to the told you so's that I have a feeling you'll get from your family (just based on past posts). Just take care of yourself...

Joey

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Timeline

UPDATE: well i called the embassy phoneline £1.20/min - the guy looked up m,y case number and the date he has for my interview is 10 December at 10am - although officially i havent got this in writing as they havent repied to my email - so i guess they have postponed it - i only hope David comes to his sences before that.

London Interview list

Timeline
UPDATE: well i called the embassy phoneline £1.20/min - the guy looked up m,y case number and the date he has for my interview is 10 December at 10am - although officially i havent got this in writing as they havent repied to my email - so i guess they have postponed it - i only hope David comes to his sences before that.

BOTHERATIONS!! I noticed that this date was a sunday - so i rang them again today and guess what another lady said on her computer it still says 12 October for my interview date. So all i have to do now is wait for them to reply to my email that I sent on 22 september.

London Interview list

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.