hubby4life

Age difference of fiance to fiancee?

601 posts in this topic

The best defense is a good offense....if the woman is over 18 and the guy is over, or WAY over 18, who the hell's business is it....? NOBODY'S....I still believe it's hate, jealously or some other deep rooted internal issue, lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The best defense is a good offense....if the woman is over 18 and the guy is over, or WAY over 18, who the hell's business is it....? NOBODY'S....I still believe it's hate, jealously or some other deep rooted internal issue, lol.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My first marriage was to a man 1 year older, the second marriage had the same age difference. Needless to say neither of them lasted. My fiance is 34 and I am 47. I was the one with the problem about the age difference. But as I got to know him, I found that we had more to talk about than the men that were closer to my age. To each his own. Im happy! :dance:

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My first marriage was to a man 1 year older, the second marriage had the same age difference. Needless to say neither of them lasted. My fiance is 34 and I am 47. I was the one with the problem about the age difference. But as I got to know him, I found that we had more to talk about than the men that were closer to my age. To each his own. Im happy! :dance:

You Right "Feli", Age aint nothing but a number! Good Luck to You Both! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

By the time your daughter is old enough to date someone middle aged to her, you will be like 80, so I am thinking you may, at best, meet him at the door with your walker and a cane, haha, j/k friend.....

The poster in bedroom reference sorta escaped me, but I am sure it had a point....lol I have three daughters, 30, 26 and 22...We raised them well, college educated, only my 30 year old has a baby so far and that was not even two years ago, she is a teacher and hubby is a engineer....I will say that you will find out later that you can say you will do this or that, but when they get old enough they will do what they want and you better HOPE you raised them well enough to have made sound decisions.

You married a younger gal for you personal reasons, you seem to have sought out a younger lady...which is cool, more power to you brother.... I am marrying one not for any particular reason other than chance....we just met and our relationship grew, we decided to not let our ages stop what we both felt...so we didn't. I didn't waste my youth, I was married at 19, she, a Filipina, 17...and stayed married till this past Aug....31 years later.

It's funny how you say you will meet a older guy at the door with a big surprise if he tried to date your daughter...I know other guys who have said the same thing if a black dude comes to the door to date his daughter...hahah. For me, maybe the guys seeing me intimidated them, but I never had probs with any of the guys while the girls were in high school, they seemed to have more steady b/f's than anything, but a few boys came to the front door, and yes one was a black kid....never had any probs with any of them.

Ok, off the soapbox, lol

By the time your daughter is old enough to date someone middle aged to her, you will be like 80, so I am thinking you may, at best, meet him at the door with your walker and a cane, haha, j/k friend.....

The poster in bedroom reference sorta escaped me, but I am sure it had a point....lol I have three daughters, 30, 26 and 22...We raised them well, college educated, only my 30 year old has a baby so far and that was not even two years ago, she is a teacher and hubby is a engineer....I will say that you will find out later that you can say you will do this or that, but when they get old enough they will do what they want and you better HOPE you raised them well enough to have made sound decisions.

You married a younger gal for you personal reasons, you seem to have sought out a younger lady...which is cool, more power to you brother.... I am marrying one not for any particular reason other than chance....we just met and our relationship grew, we decided to not let our ages stop what we both felt...so we didn't. I didn't waste my youth, I was married at 19, she, a Filipina, 17...and stayed married till this past Aug....31 years later.

It's funny how you say you will meet a older guy at the door with a big surprise if he tried to date your daughter...I know other guys who have said the same thing if a black dude comes to the door to date his daughter...hahah. For me, maybe the guys seeing me intimidated them, but I never had probs with any of the guys while the girls were in high school, they seemed to have more steady b/f's than anything, but a few boys came to the front door, and yes one was a black kid....never had any probs with any of them.

Ok, off the soapbox, lol

luckily, i'll only be in my 60s, and maybe still able to scare someone on the right day :lol:

The poster thing means that there aren't any teenage filipinas pining away for middle-aged or old men. They like princes and young movie stars just like girls everywhere.

I don't have an issue with race, but i would have a serious problem with a 60 year old coming to pick up my 18 year old daughter. I wouldn't even like it if he was my age. The difference is, one is here, the other is there. In the end, i'd actually trust that i'd done a good enough job that she was making good decisions. But a girl with a world full of options and living in the west rarely picks someone with an age difference like her mother and I.

I'm not saying anything about your relationship in particular. It just isn't for nothing that it happens a LOT more with women from developing countries than it does where the women have many more opportunities.

Edited by dantespal

You could make a fortune smuggling in blue jeans.

Maple syrup. If a guy had a maple syrup import business set up over there he would make a killing. Their version of pancakes is crepe's which taste better than ours imo, but they don't have maple syrup. Somehow maple syrup came up in a convo on google talk with the wife before the first time I went over there to visit. I took two bottles with me that time and they went ape over that stuff. The next time I went over I had eight bottles with me and it was like Christmas for those people. No idea why they don't have that stuff there, but it seems to be a hit.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

luckily, i'll only be in my 60s, and maybe still able to scare someone on the right day :lol:

The poster thing means that there aren't any teenage filipinas pining away for middle-aged or old men. They like princes and young movie stars just like girls everywhere.

I don't have an issue with race, but i would have a serious problem with a 60 year old coming to pick up my 18 year old daughter. I wouldn't even like it if he was my age. The difference is, one is here, the other is there. In the end, i'd actually trust that i'd done a good enough job that she was making good decisions. But a girl with a world full of options and living in the west rarely picks someone with an age difference like her mother and I.

I'm not saying anything about your relationship in particular. It just isn't for nothing that it happens a LOT more with women from developing countries than it does where the women have many more opportunities.

Orphanages for ftw. No dealing with parents.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Luckily, I hope, there are not a lot of middle aged men pining way for teenagers, Filipina or any nationality, thats just wrong on either end...now a woman in her 20's or 30's, thats different, and I think most of those woman have outgrown posters on the wall thing, haha.

Yea I think I'd have a prob with a 60 year old and 18.....but I will say my step father, when he split from my mom a long long time ago, was prob in his mid to late40's and he dated and married a 20 year old, and in hollywood its common....I mean I realize is not the norm, however marrying out of your race is looked down upon by a lot in the country, and you know that...even white and asian....there are some people that will have probs with anything they don't like or accept. Trust me, I got ####### from a lot about marrying an Asian, not from my family, but I heard it non the less.

Why_me....man you are too funny.

Luckily, I hope, there are not a lot of middle aged men pining way for teenagers, Filipina or any nationality, thats just wrong on either end...now a woman in her 20's or 30's, thats different, and I think most of those woman have outgrown posters on the wall thing, haha.

Yea I think I'd have a prob with a 60 year old and 18.....but I will say my step father, when he split from my mom a long long time ago, was prob in his mid to late40's and he dated and married a 20 year old, and in hollywood its common....I mean I realize is not the norm, however marrying out of your race is looked down upon by a lot in the country, and you know that...even white and asian....there are some people that will have probs with anything they don't like or accept. Trust me, I got ####### from a lot about marrying an Asian, not from my family, but I heard it non the less.

Why_me....man you are too funny.

My step dad is 1/2 Filipino and my mom married him when I was 4. My grandpa about had a heart attack and it took a few years for him to finally come around and realize he was being a douche about it. My step dad was born here in the states, and his dad came here from the Philippines back in the late '30's. My grandma (step grandma) was full blooded German and at least a good 4" taller than him and they were married for 50+ years until he passed away back in 2004 at the age of 94. They used to get some strange looks from people who didn't know them and it was funny watching the expressions on peoples faces when they first met them. My step dad took after his mom in size and he's 6' 4" and is a total country music horse raising redneck. But I can remember well enough going to "Filipino Lodge meetings" when I was a kid and there were lots of guys wearing suits back then and packing guns. Lots of food, music and dancing. This was in Seattle back in the 70's. Eating dog was no big deal for us (Illikano) and Iv'e eaten rice just about every day of my life since age 5.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.