hubby4life

Age difference of fiance to fiancee?

601 posts in this topic

Hank, I just re-read your post where you posted proof that a large age gap is a good thing when it comes to time married. I have been in a few discussions and had no real evidence to support my belief, now I do, thanks brother...!!!!! :thumbs:

BTW, I do have a track record for being married a long time....1st time 31 years, this time will be my last....of course Diana is the love of my life.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank, I just re-read your post where you posted proof that a large age gap is a good thing when it comes to time married. I have been in a few discussions and had no real evidence to support my belief, now I do, thanks brother...!!!!! :thumbs:

BTW, I do have a track record for being married a long time....1st time 31 years, this time will be my last....of course Diana is the love of my life.

You got me beat there.... 28 yrs first time (and those were not all that good, but for the kids...)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You got me beat there.... 28 yrs first time (and those were not all that good, but for the kids...)

Hahah, yea same same...but 3 wonderful daughters came out of it.

A few might find these links beneficial.... :hehe:

Yahoo! Messenger

I am aware this might offend the touchy feely sensitive types...but...I'm trying to be helpful. :yes: Live chat services can expedite the "get to know you" process. It also provides an environment to discuss as many topics as desired ....privately. :idea:

(Noobs make things funner because they make for ez target practice. :lol:)

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

I haven't been able to find info on that 25% either (yet) but I did find this from Ottawa Cananda research:

Abstract

This paper analyzes the probability of a married couple getting divorced, based on the age difference between the husband and wife. To calculate such probabilities, the distribution of age differences of married couples was derived from the 1991 Census and the 1990 General Social Survey, and the distribution of age differences of divorcing couples was obtained from 1991 divorce data provided by the Department of Justice Canada. These distributions, the first based on data that are seldom available, are also analyzed in this paper. The results provide details about the expected significant imbalances that exist, both for married and divorcing couples, between the number of couples with older husbands and the number with older wives. A model is developed that shows that divorce rates are lowest when the husband is two to ten years older than the wife or when the magnitude of their age difference is extremely large. Furthermore, the chance of divorce is much higher when the wife is older than the husband than vice versa.

Larger age gap makes for a more stable marriage! :thumbs:

Back to the search!

:rofl:

Hank, hey brother do you have the link for this reference? I know you said you got it from an Canadian source but I'd like to have the link if possible for future reference...thanks man.

Did find this link to support earlier post...states women who marry younger dudes die earlier and men who marry younger women increase their life expectancy.....SWEET.....hahahha

http://www.cbsnews.c...in6483464.shtml

Edited by Ron & Diana

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank, hey brother do you have the link for this reference? I know you said you got it from an Canadian source but I'd like to have the link if possible for future reference...thanks man.

Shocked the heck out of myself... found it!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7873718

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Past a certain age for a guy and your just a perv lol i dont care how offended one might be by this statement, the other way around on the womans side i would say most the time they are looking for a way out of a poor country.

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Timeline

Past a certain age for a guy and your just a perv lol i dont care how offended one might be by this statement, the other way around on the womans side i would say most the time they are looking for a way out of a poor country.

They same the same thing for couples around the same age, when woman is pretty but the guy is fugly.

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

Timeline

So what is the age cut off then? 15? 20? 30?

Timeline

Yea you "32", what is the age cutoff? 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, Age difference?

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Opinions are like _ _ _ holes.... everyone has one, doesn't mean anyone else wants to know about it. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::lol:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

So what is the age cut off then? 15? 20? 30?

He probably won't answer. :no:

He has a habit of (periodically) posting his negative opinion regarding bigger age gaps and then disappears. Kinda like the kids throwing snowballs at passing cars. Hit and run. ;)

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.