Love83

Ring size ( engagement ring)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi V'jers just want to ask about the ring size. My fiance wants to buy me an engagement ring but I am not sure if Philippines have same ring size with USA. I am a filipina and my ring size here in the PI is 4.5. What do you think guys is my ring size in USA? My fiance wants to buy in USA and take it with him when he comes here early next year. I just wanna make sure that it fits me and we wont be returning or replacing the item. I appreciate any ideas from u guys. :)

Timeline

Hi V'jers just want to ask about the ring size. My fiance wants to buy me an engagement ring but I am not sure if Philippines have same ring size with USA. I am a filipina and my ring size here in the PI is 4.5. What do you think guys is my ring size in USA? My fiance wants to buy in USA and take it with him when he comes here early next year. I just wanna make sure that it fits me and we wont be returning or replacing the item. I appreciate any ideas from u guys. :)

when me and my fiance was in the Bahamas we checked the size of the ring that he sent to me 3 years ago. in Philippines it says it's size 5 and in the Bahamas it's also size 5 :D so i think it's same :yes: no difference :P

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

when me and my fiance was in the Bahamas we checked the size of the ring that he sent to me 3 years ago. in Philippines it says it's size 5 and in the Bahamas it's also size 5 :D so i think it's same :yes: no difference :P

Thanks for the reply i'm-in-love, Have u tried going to a jewelry store and ask for the ring size? I was with a jewelry store this afternoon and asked about my ring size and the lady told me that it was 4.5 but I am just confused because I was reading online about the sizes and tried converting it. I just followed the steps online on how to measure my ring size with a thin piece of paper and cut it and measured by inch/cm (this is my measurement 5.4cm - ring size is 5.5). Is this accurate? I dont know what to follow. Please help. :(

Timeline

Thanks for the reply i'm-in-love, Have u tried going to a jewelry store and ask for the ring size? I was with a jewelry store this afternoon and asked about my ring size and the lady told me that it was 4.5 but I am just confused because I was reading online about the sizes and tried converting it. I just followed the steps online on how to measure my ring size with a and measured by inch/cm (this is my measurement 5.4cm - ring size is 5.5). Is this accurate? I dont know what to follow. Please help. :(

yes we did, i went in several jewelry stores here and also in the Bahamas with fiance. the lady from here and there got same size. :oops: i mentioned to that lady from here if it's universal measurement and said yes... :idea: why don't u mail your fiance fake ring or thin piece of paper and be sure it's your size so it's accurate ;)

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

yes we did, i went in several jewelry stores here and also in the Bahamas with fiance. the lady from here and there got same size. :oops: i mentioned to that lady from here if it's universal measurement and said yes... :idea: why don't u mail your fiance fake ring or thin piece of paper and be sure it's your size so it's accurate ;)

I was actually thinking of doing that. Maybe that's the best way. Thanks :)

Google "pdf ring sizer", choose one and print it.

This will give you the info you need.

Thank you Bob 4 anna, I'll be checking it. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know Jewlery very well. I asked Mav to have her ring size taken as well. They said 5 1/2 but it was loose. I had the goldsmith make it a 5 1/4 here in the States and then brought it with me. Well, thats was all screw-up. Mav was actually a 4 1/4 when I seen it did'nt fit. I took her to Olongapo (Jeepney) and actually had to Argue with the goldsmith because ring sizes do vary depending on the width of the band. They did'nt have the right ring sizers to make an acurate descriptioin. They massively overcharged to re-size but I did it anyway. I found the Philippine Jewlery Store a Rip-off. I had them resize the ring down and they kept most of the Gold that was leftover. If they see a Sucker Coming when it comes to diamonds and gold be prepared to be screwed. Also, A word of caution. If in doubt about the correct ring size it is far better to be to large than be to little. They will charge alot more to add gold (Anywhere) than they would to reduce the size.

The jewlery store in Olongapo said they never heard of sizing in 1/4's. Very common here. Customer service here.

If your a 4 1/2 then ring size should be the same but the jewler should know the width (milimeters) of the band. Makes a difference.

Better to be to big than to small...

Beware of Jewlery Stores anywhere.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Well not the ring size your talking about but this is Kristines ring :)

163026_1376439471036_1833346867_731119_2979339_n.jpg

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well not the ring size your talking about but this is Kristines ring :)

163026_1376439471036_1833346867_731119_2979339_n.jpg

Nice Mike. Ours was pretty simple as well. Good to hear from you...

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ring sizes are prety much Universal. So if you go to a legit Jewelry store like Karat World, their size is the same with US.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Timeline

My fiancee is a 52mm in the Phils, which is supposedly a USA size 6. After looking at all the things I could on this, my final decision was to wait until she was in the USA to get a ring. This is a ring I plan for her to wear for a looooong time. I want it to be right for her. I want the band to be comfortable and for the style to be one she likes. Our marriage and engagement is not a surprise. While I would love to surprise her with a ring, I do not want to get the wrong one.

Another very real issue I have is her safety. I do not want her walking around in the Phils with 10 years of average wages on her hand. She is from a rural area. And this is not just about the Phils. I would not want her walking around on her own in S. Central LA or many places with that ring on.

Hopefully in a few weeks it will not matter.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think most Jewlery stores in US will resize the ring they sell you for free for a couple of years after the purchase. That would be something to check before you buy.

Most reputable jewellery stores offer "care plans". I have one for each piece of jewellery I own. I can get it re-sized as many times as I want. Re-rhodium plated (I have white gold jewellery), soldered and unsoldered, will replace stones if they fall out, will polish and clean my jewellery, replace chains if broken (happened to a necklace I had). Will even do so internationally, all for free. The only proviso is I take my jewellery in every 6 months to be checked and cleaned (or if overseas they'll mail me a box to send it back in, then mail it back to me). Takes 5 minutes if I go into the store. Totally worth it.

Ring sizes are prety much Universal. So if you go to a legit Jewelry store like Karat World, their size is the same with US.

I know this is a PI thread but I should mention maybe in the US it's the same, but its different in other countries. In Australia we use letters.

Here in the US when I joined all three of my rings (engagement, wedding and eternity rings) I had to go up an entire size because of the change in width.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

our wedding ring was purchased by my dad overseas, since hubby was in the US and i was in the ph, what i did was i searched online for free ring sizers, so at least we would know what size is his. all i did was i went to a reputable jeweller and asked if they can fit my ring size,,the online jeweller sent my hubby the free paper ring sizer, however, it was a little off ( my hubby 's ring size was bigger, and mine was smaller). my hubby lost weight and my fingers became stubby :blink:

so we decided to get temporary wedding rings for ourselves, since the rings were very dressy ( too much white gold and gold)

we planned on purchasing another pair for ourselves probly in 5th yr anniv.. one that we will really buy for each other :D

SERVICE CENTER : California

CONSULATE : Manila

MARRIAGE : Feb 15, 2010

I -130 SENT : April 26, 2011

NOA 1 : May 1, 2011

TOUCHED : May 5, 2011

NOA2 : August 1, 2011

Our I-130 was approved in 92 days from our NOA1 date.

CASE NUMBER ASSSIGNED : Sept. 12, 2011

EMAILED DS3032 : October 6, 2011

AOS FEE BILL PAID : October 11, 2011

IV FEE BILL PAID : October 24, 2011

NVC received AOS and IV packs = Nov. 3, 2011

NVC RESPONSE = Nov. 8, 2011 - RFE for missing proof of relationship with co-sponsor

Mailed RFE file = Nov. 9, 2011

NVC received RFE = November 14, 2011, 9:54 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

CASE CLOSED = Nov. 18, 2011 :D

MEDICAL EXAM = Dec 20-21, 2011 = PASSED!!!

INTERVIEW DATE = January 6, 2012 = APPROVED!!! ----Our interview took 250 days from our I-130 NOA1 date.

VISA PRODUCTION = January 6,2012

VISA DELIVERY = January 11, 2012

POE = Feb.18, 2012

SSN Received = Feb 25, 2012

GC received = April 5, 2012 (incorrect data entry :((, sent back April 9, 2012)

CORRECT GC RECEIVED = August 22, 2012, granted IR1 (10 year gc)

that's where our USCIS process ends for now.. will wait for the next 3-4 years what we'll do next...

9choykrk1el55.png

um4z3ia1n.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.