i'm-in-love

cfo... disappointing!!!

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

is there possibility the cfo will not give u a sticker???

i had my seminar today at st. mary euphrasia and it went fine. in one-on-one counseling, the counselor asked question and made me feel like as if i'm not aware or don't know what i'm doing because my fiance and i have 19 years gap. she's nuts!!! she didn't give me certificate and asked me to bring pics of me and my fiance and story how we met and what we talked about when were together. my fiance and i been together for 5 years and 3 months and she's making me feel i don't what i'm doing. this is so irritating!!! pls help me with this matter. it really ruined my day :(

pls... pls... pls :cry:

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

I'm in love,

Sorry to hear your experience which cfo office u went for siminar??did u have your visa yet??all you can do is go b

ack and bring the documents that they want to see..

thank for ur response.

i just had my interview last 21th and i got approved and now i'm waiting for my passport and visa now...

do u think they have a right not to issue a sticker?

my fiance and i are worried now...

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

thank for ur response.

i just had my interview last 21th and i got approved and now i'm waiting for my passport and visa now...

do u think they have a right not to issue a sticker?

my fiance and i are worried now...

Most peeps go to seminar once they have the visa because you will still have to come back just because of the sticker. You don't have the visa yet that's why they didn't give you the sticker.

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Most peeps go to seminar once they have the visa because you will still have to come back just because of the sticker. You don't have the visa yet that's why they didn't give you the sticker.

yea, i know that. what i know is after the seminar, they gonna issue/give u a certificate as a proof that ur done withe seminar. but in my my case, i didn't received anything :(

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

I'm in love,

Sorry to hear your experience which cfo office u went for siminar??did u have your visa yet??all you can do is go b

ack and bring the documents that they want to see..

http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=68

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

yea, i know that. what i know is after the seminar, they gonna issue/give u a certificate as a proof that ur done withe seminar. but in my my case, i didn't received anything :(

Just give them what they are asking..pictures, right? Did they say you have to pay again for another seminar or just come back when you already have what they are looking for?

You'll get your certificate and sticker once you get your visa.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Just give them what they are asking..pictures, right? Did they say you have to pay again for another seminar or just come back when you already have what they are looking for?

You'll get your certificate and sticker once you get your visa.

the lady didn't tell me that i will pay again. what she told me is come back there again together with my passport with visa on it and give her requirements she's looking for. i really hope that they will give me certificate and sticker.

she's totally nuts!!!

do u think cfo have a power to refuse not to give a sticker?

seminar place: St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It certainly is not unheard of for counselors to have an attitude or issues with

a CFO attendee for some reason or another.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

i didn't have any complain with CFO attendee at St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, they were all nice and very friendly.

the only problem is the one-on-one counseling, i'm really surprised someone will think that for 5 years and 3 months is like nothing and making u feel that u dont know what ur doing. :(

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

the lady didn't tell me that i will pay again. what she told me is come back there again together with my passport with visa on it and give her requirements she's looking for. i really hope that they will give me certificate and sticker.

she's totally nuts!!!

do u think cfo have a power to refuse not to give a sticker?

seminar place: St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation

From the looks of it, yes she/they can refuse. Number 4 is the 'gotcha' and requirement they can use to refuse you.

So just give it to her, then flip her the middle finger as you walk out of the place.

Requirements for Guidance Counseling

1. Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
  2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form to be issued by SMEF-COW upon registration;
  3. If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate (if married abroad)
  4. Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and
  5. Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

From the looks of it, yes she/they can refuse. Number 4 is the 'gotcha' and requirement they can use to refuse you.

So just give it to her, then flip her the middle finger as you walk out of the place.

Requirements for Guidance Counseling

1. Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
  2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form to be issued by SMEF-COW upon registration;
  3. If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate (if married abroad)
  4. Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and
  5. Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

they will refuse to give me a sticker because of our age gap??? possible??? that's crazy!!!

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

Hi,

That's right to be able to have your sticker u have to bring ur passport with visa on it,correct me if I'm wtong but they shud give the certficate stating that u have attended the siminar,don't worry about that lady who entertained you sure you wont need to talk to her again.lol

Just bring your passport nrxt time,ohh wait a minute u have to photocopy ur visa and passport 3 each,u will fine

Timeline

they will refuse to give me a sticker because of our age gap??? possible??? that's crazy!!!

She just have an attitude about it. She's not the only one. Me and my fiance got 29yrs gap so I am expecting worse. That's fine. As long as you can satisfy all the needed requirements then you are all good.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

i didn't have any complain with CFO attendee at St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, they were all nice and very friendly.

the only problem is the one-on-one counseling, i'm really surprised someone will think that for 5 years and 3 months is like nothing and making u feel that u dont know what ur doing. :(

You were the attendee. Considering you have a 5 + year relationship, the counselor

does seem very silly to question your relationahip. I'm sure she has seen plenty of

relationhips that are much shorter than yours.

Maybe she was in a bad mood or maybe she didn't get laid the night before. Give her

a few pics, provide a brief narrative as to how you met and tell her you guys talk about

future plans, goals, family and dreams of being a happily married couple after so many

years of patiently waiting to be together.

If that is not good enough for her, ask to speak to a manager, director or supervisor?

I know you Filipinos don't like confrontation, but somethimes you have to stand up for

yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.