TBoneTX

RUBbette Wives & Housework, si man

891 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What I don't get is how chicks can take less time cooking and cleaning than guys (or at least me), and do a better job. That one kills me. I break my a$$ cooking dinner sometimes in an all out five course meal, and she can do the same thing the next night in half the time and effort. :angry:

It's a gift...

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

It's a gift...

It's freaky is what it is. I mean simple things like making the bed. We have a king size bed and when I put one end of the sheet on the mattress the other end comes up and out. It's a back and forth thing from one corner to the other with that bed. It's like a 20 min battle to do it by myself. She can make that fcker in a few minutes by herself and that's along with the putting on the four pillow cases to boot.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cleaning? Well, when my wife was still here she did almost all her cleaning with a rag. A piece of my old t-shirt. Bathroom floor, tub, toilet, kitchen floor, countertops (I always went into denial when I started thinking she might be using the same rag for all tasks). As for the vacuum, she flew through the house like a Nascar driver with paint chips flying off the baseboards and doors as she brutalized the condo.

I had mops, a bucket, scrub brush, broom and whisk pan, etc...they never saw action. Since she left I've taken over from where I left off when I gave up my freedom. Step-by-step, I'm cleaning the place up for real.

I don't know, but I think the Russian women are so used to their cozy, little, one room flats, they can't handle the square footage. Good thing she left..all my old t-shirts are about gone.

So much for old school, "traditional" wives. If I stayed married, I was going to call in a couple Latina maids to square the place away.

I gave up a long time ago suggesting appropriate attire for Alaskan winters here. She's finally starting to understand that making a fashion statement going to the store doesn't require freezing to death. She spent god only knows how much money on "winter fashion boots" that hit above her knee and have a winter heel. How she found them is beyond me...but they do look good, and Columbia has them rated for -10. It's just that we live in a Eskimo / white redneck town atm and I can only wonder what people are thinking when she's out and about. I stay home now when she goes grocery shopping. It's easier on my nerves.

I wondered that myself. I mean do they blame each other over there and does it go back and forth over and over and over..? It's like nails on a chalk board every time the "blame him" spiel comes on. It's like the volume on the TV doesn't go up enough to drown it out when she's on a roll. Iv'e learned to tune her out in those cases, but then she comes back at me with the; "What did I just say" routine. That's when I know I'm screwed.

Vika says that it is a cultural thing, that Ukrainians automatically defend themselves aggresively and to the death - especially when they are wrong. :lol: In all fairness though, she did get to the point where (sometimes) she will stop herself and even apologize.

this sounds like it was taken from the brazilian playbook. :blink:

I am sure this sort of thing knows no geography.

That was a metaphor...right?

:rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

What I don't get is how chicks can take less time cooking and cleaning than guys (or at least me), and do a better job. That one kills me. I break my a$$ cooking dinner sometimes in an all out five course meal, and she can do the same thing the next night in half the time and effort. :angry:

Not a college educated engineer or chemist, I would reckon? It's all about good lab technique and planning and reading the recipe.

My wife creates more dishes to wash than I do! You just need more practice!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Not a college educated engineer or chemist, I would reckon? It's all about good lab technique and planning and reading the recipe.

After my ex I thought I was an expert in the kitchen. The few times she cooked dinner she had the kitchen looking like a bomb zone or something instead of cleaning dishes, pots, and pans while she went along with the cooking...which is what I do so there isn't a big mess afterwards. With this wife...she can watch TV and before you know it she's saying; "dinners ready".

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How many dishes/pots/pans does a Ukrainian woman need to cook?

ALL OF THEM!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Do any of your wives use "duvette" covers? They are the thin linen covers (basically a bag)to go over quilts so you remove the cover and wash the cover. We have a king size bed and that cover is like a freaking cabin tent! It has buttons on one side and you have to stuff a quilt inside of it and make it all flat...yeah. Sure! I hate those things! We have two of them and she changes them about once/week. She also puts three flat sheets on top of the fitted sheet and peels them off, one every couple of days. I am told that such linens are needed for "married people" who "make sex" a lot. :D But it is a pain in the @ss!

Gary And Alla

Do any of your wives use "duvette" covers? They are the thin linen covers (basically a bag)to go over quilts so you remove the cover and wash the cover. We have a king size bed and that cover is like a freaking cabin tent! It has buttons on one side and you have to stuff a quilt inside of it and make it all flat...yeah. Sure! I hate those things! We have two of them and she changes them about once/week. She also puts three flat sheets on top of the fitted sheet and peels them off, one every couple of days. I am told that such linens are needed for "married people" who "make sex" a lot. :D But it is a pain in the @ss!

We have two of those duvet's for our goose down comforter and it's like trying to stuff a giant size pillow in an undersized case. It totally sucks but it's that fitted sheet that goes on the bottom that's the killer. Why they can't make those sheets about 3" longer on all sides is beyond me.

sigbet.jpg

It's like a 20 min battle to do it by myself. She can make that fcker in a few minutes by herself and that's along with the putting on the four pillow cases to boot.

That's because it's a woman's job.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Duvet covers aren't hard... just turn it inside out, line up the corners, grab the farthest corners from the inside, turn the whole thing inside out, and shake it out. Much easier than bothering with a separate comforter and top sheet. I always get everything tangled when I sleep.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
How many dishes/pots/pans does a Ukrainian woman need to cook?

ALL OF THEM!

Oh, Cheezuz... how timely, considering the TWO dishwasher loads that I had to run tonight, zzz man...

Anytime Mrs. T-B. even looks at a spoon, it becomes dirty and needs to be washed. I asked her about this, and she said, "I have a trauma. When I was young, we had ONE spoon for the entire family, and we had to pass it around when we had soup or something." This probably explains why, in our casa, five or more spoons are used (per task) when one would do, see man.

Her two cousins were here for the past 8 days. I have not washed more dishes than this since Mrs. T-B.'s mother was here, no man. It amazed all three Ecuatorianas (Mrs. T-B. + two cousins) when I rather sharply stated "No! Don't stack the dinner plates! You'll just mess up the bottoms of them, too!" The knowledge and recognition of this system probably separate the Estados Unidos from the third world, si man.

On an unrelated issue, I returned from the store with a surprise batch of chocolate-chip cookies, which Mrs. T-B. is fond of; however, she said, "Why you buy those when we have the Cheap Ajoy?" (She had bought some Chips Ahoy a day or so earlier, see man, and she had not eaten them all yet, no man.)

Finally, in answer to Gary's earlier question, on p. 6: Si, man; in fact, everything is like a wedgie. Need it even be asked, huh man?

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Duvet covers aren't hard... just turn it inside out, line up the corners, grab the farthest corners from the inside, turn the whole thing inside out, and shake it out. Much easier than bothering with a separate comforter and top sheet. I always get everything tangled when I sleep.

Turning it inside out is hard.

Yeah, definitely a woman's job.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Oh, Cheezuz... how timely, considering the TWO dishwasher loads that I had to run tonight, zzz man...

Anytime Mrs. T-B. even looks at a spoon, it becomes dirty and needs to be washed. I asked her about this, and she said, "I have a trauma. When I was young, we had ONE spoon for the entire family, and we had to pass it around when we had soup or something." This probably explains why, in our casa, five or more spoons are used (per task) when one would do, see man.

Her two cousins were here for the past 8 days. I have not washed more dishes than this since Mrs. T-B.'s mother was here, no man. It amazed all three Ecuatorianas (Mrs. T-B. + two cousins) when I rather sharply stated "No! Don't stack the dinner plates! You'll just mess up the bottoms of them, too!" The knowledge and recognition of this system probably separate the Estados Unidos from the third world, si man.

On an unrelated issue, I returned from the store with a surprise batch of chocolate-chip cookies, which Mrs. T-B. is fond of; however, she said, "Why you buy those when we have the Cheap Ajoy?" (She had bought some Chips Ahoy a day or so earlier, see man, and she had not eaten them all yet, no man.)

Finally, in answer to Gary's earlier question, on p. 6: Si, man; in fact, everything is like a wedgie. Need it even be asked, huh man?

Now see, here in lies a differnce, though possibly still the explanation why we are not third world.

An FSU woman would say "When we were children we had only one spoon and we all used it and no one died so it proves you do not have to wash them"

At least the same logic gets used when the soup is left on the stove all night, or a tray of baked potatoes with bacon, onion and cheese is left in the oven all night. "when I was young we had no food to trhow away we had to eat it and, see...no one died, it is OK"

"Um Alla I think, yeah, some people probably DID die"

"Stupid, you will drink water from a faucet but not eat food left on the stove" :wacko:

Gary And Alla

Now see, here in lies a differnce, though possibly still the explanation why we are not third world.

An FSU woman would say "When we were children we had only one spoon and we all used it and no one died so it proves you do not have to wash them"

At least the same logic gets used when the soup is left on the stove all night, or a tray of baked potatoes with bacon, onion and cheese is left in the oven all night. "when I was young we had no food to trhow away we had to eat it and, see...no one died, it is OK"

"Um Alla I think, yeah, some people probably DID die"

"Stupid, you will drink water from a faucet but not eat food left on the stove" :wacko:

Good...so I'm not the only one who had to put up with the food being left out all night. I got a jumbo box of tupperware and showed her what it was used for. She has finally got into the habit of putting it into tupperware and in the fridge...well sort of. I do it most of the time, but if I crash out first and it's still on the stove top, she puts it away. But ya, that drove me nuts. She did that ####### over in Belarus when I was there also and it was like.."#######"?

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.