TBoneTX

RUBbette Wives & Housework, si man

891 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sounds nasty. That's not a Russian thing, it just means that your wife is neither a neat person, nor a well-organized one.

I'm far from being a clean freak, but your post is literally like a nightmare for me...

Definitely not an Alla thing either. She thinks her granite sink and the heated floor in the bathroom are the best parts of the house, even enough to keep our marriage together :lol:

She keeps her sink clean, will not use the garbage disposer, she has one of those screen baskets in the drain and throws everything in the trash. Having a clean house is not a problem here, she is very clean. I would say she was a clean freak and would be a clean freak if she had the time, but between her work and classes we settle for a "very clean" home instead of OCD clean.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Definitely not an Alla thing either. She thinks her granite sink and the heated floor in the bathroom are the best parts of the house, even enough to keep our marriage together :lol:

She keeps her sink clean, will not use the garbage disposer, she has one of those screen baskets in the drain and throws everything in the trash. Having a clean house is not a problem here, she is very clean. I would say she was a clean freak and would be a clean freak if she had the time, but between her work and classes we settle for a "very clean" home instead of OCD clean.

Yeah, my husband also thinks that the house is "very clean".

I still think it's a little messy, but it's all right :lol:

Edited by ONA

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

I'm a messy person and am waiting for the day when I can afford a maid, but what VV described is DISGUSTING.

And I do nt wish to give anyone the impression that Alla would not LOVE to have a maid. Actually a "cleaning lady" twice a week would be OK, but I am certain there is not one in the entire word that could clean the house to her standard

Gary And Alla

Now you know why our shower doesn't drain like it's supposed to. "You know the little cap on your XXXXXXXXXX bottle? Well, when that falls off in the tub and you don't pick it up, it clogs the pipes. And since it's made of hard plastic... it's not going anywhere."

I've given up on trying to keep it unclogged. I simply pour drain powder down it every couple months.

I too am a member if the snake your own drain club.

And I do nt wish to give anyone the impression that Alla would not LOVE to have a maid. Actually a "cleaning lady" twice a week would be OK, but I am certain there is not one in the entire word that could clean the house to her standard

We do bring some one in every month, and you are correct about standards. Vika also says that cleaning people get paid too much here. My solution was to put her in charge of the whole shebang. After having to fire two cleaners because she didn't want to pay them enough or they couldn't get along I am handling it again. All good now she says.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Look at their vacuums!

I was considering hiring a "maid" to come in once a week but...have you looked closely at their vacuums? Looks like they've been cleaning an asbestos factory. And no HEPA filters for the girls...strictly Hoover level. I not sure they even have bags in the vacuums! And I'm betting most maids just "hit it a lick" and roll on to the next home.

Someday I may have to go that way, but for now I'm doing the job. :(

Timeline

Look at their vacuums!

I was considering hiring a "maid" to come in once a week but...have you looked closely at their vacuums? Looks like they've been cleaning an asbestos factory. And no HEPA filters for the girls...strictly Hoover level. I not sure they even have bags in the vacuums! And I'm betting most maids just "hit it a lick" and roll on to the next home.

Alla never uses a vacuum cleaner and would never allow a cleaning lady to use one. She gives me this... :angry: ...if he sees me take the one we have out of the garage (it is OK for cleaning cars, not for the house) It would be a nightmare for a cleaning lady I am sure. She cleans by sweeping and then by wiping everything with a damp fabric, top to bottom, baseboards, floor, window ledges, furniture, every surface. No chemicals, just water and a damp cloth. She will use a sponge mop for the middle of the floor. All furniture gets pulled out and cleaned behind and under...twice per week is the goal, once per week is reality. There is no carpet in this house, only a few small rugs here and there only in the parts of the house the animals are not allowed, and they get taken out and beaten with a broom winter and summer. Animals are allowed only in the first floor or basement and not in Alla's study/office. All floors are hardwood or ceramic and she would not move into this house until I took ALL the carpet out. She would also accept vinyl floors but I do not like vinyl. It HAS to be easy to clean and cannot be of material that will hold dirt.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I too am a member if the snake your own drain club.

We do bring some one in every month, and you are correct about standards. Vika also says that cleaning people get paid too much here. My solution was to put her in charge of the whole shebang. After having to fire two cleaners because she didn't want to pay them enough or they couldn't get along I am handling it again. All good now she says.

It would be a nightmare. It is not as if we cannot afford someone even once per week, we could (though Alla thinks they get paid too much, of course, but we could do it) But why? I mean there is NO WAY she is going to pay a woman to show up to clean HER house when she is not here, and Alla would follow her around and check everything and nag about everything and I bet the cleaning lady would tell her to "take this job and shove it" before the first floor was done. Then of course I will listen about lazy American women and how they cannot clean anything properly. Alla had her mom coming over and cleaning the flat in Ukraine and watching the children while she worked. That was PERFECT and of course Bahbushka was happy, living the dream, cleaning and caring for grandchildren! I think this may resolve itself if we bring her mom here, otherwise it is a place I never want to go.I hope it never happens!

Gary And Alla

Look at their vacuums!

I think you are right about that. The gal that we (or now I) hired has a vacuum that is used to clean apartments that have pets. I am allergic to cats, so we have her use our vacuum, than does work well, and does have a fresh bag and filter.

It would be a nightmare. It is not as if we cannot afford someone even once per week, we could (though Alla thinks they get paid too much, of course, but we could do it) But why? I mean there is NO WAY she is going to pay a woman to show up to clean HER house when she is not here, and Alla would follow her around and check everything and nag about everything and I bet the cleaning lady would tell her to "take this job and shove it" before the first floor was done. Then of course I will listen about lazy American women and how they cannot clean anything properly. Alla had her mom coming over and cleaning the flat in Ukraine and watching the children while she worked. That was PERFECT and of course Bahbushka was happy, living the dream, cleaning and caring for grandchildren! I think this may resolve itself if we bring her mom here, otherwise it is a place I never want to go.I hope it never happens!

This is why Vika stays in the house to supervise. I just take hands off it, and let her deal with the cleaner(s) until they can't stand it any more. Her staying in to watch tends to negate the lazy American blah, blah, because she could just say "hey, this isn't clean enough, do it again". I go to work to avoid being collateral damage. If Vika wanted to do it all herself, that would be OK too. Her choice.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

I think you are right about that. The gal that we (or now I) hired has a vacuum that is used to clean apartments that have pets. I am allergic to cats, so we have her use our vacuum, than does work well, and does have a fresh bag and filter.

This is why Vika stays in the house to supervise. I just take hands off it, and let her deal with the cleaner(s) until they can't stand it any more. Her staying in to watch tends to negate the lazy American blah, blah, because she could just say "hey, this isn't clean enough, do it again". I go to work to avoid being collateral damage. If Vika wanted to do it all herself, that would be OK too. Her choice.

It would not be a pretty sight, I am sure, and YES I would definitely get out of the house. You know the drill Brad. There is nothing good that could come of it for you, you would be guilty of something!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We could take this maid deal into a whole new place...the French Maid fantasy. There she is in her little black mini and low cut dress, white apron, black net stockings and, of course, black stiletto heels. Bending, and reaching, and squatting down to dust all the nooks and crannies. And if she doesn't do the job just right, there's a punishment awaiting her. Bad maid!

Too bad we don't share a border with France.

Timeline

We could take this maid deal into a whole new place...the French Maid fantasy. There she is in her little black mini and low cut dress, white apron, black net stockings and, of course, black stiletto heels. Bending, and reaching, and squatting down to dust all the nooks and crannies. And if she doesn't do the job just right, there's a punishment awaiting her. Bad maid!

Too bad we don't share a border with France.

Alla often cooks in an apron and heels ONLY. Bad chef! :lol: I'll mention the stockings to her but she never wears pantyhose (says it is not healthy) so she always wears stockings anyway. No matter how elegant and professional she appears on the outside, I know that under all that she is being very very bad. :D

French accents on women are second only to Russian accents as being super HOT! Maybe a close second :P

Gary And Alla

Timeline

How is pantyhose unhealthy?

She says it is because it does not allow "anything to breathe" I didn't know "anything" COULD breathe but I guess so, whatever. Fine with me and I would appreciate you not posting any erroneous feminist propoganda to the contrary! She would not believe you anyway.

She normally wears lace top thigh highs, sometimes she wears stockings with a garter belt but usually the "stay ups"

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.