TBoneTX

RUBbette Wives & Housework, si man

891 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was surprised when I read all these RUBs leaving food out. It freaks me out the way Germans and English leave milk and cream sitting on the tables. I have a touch of CDO ( it is the same as OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order-- the way it should be!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
CDO ( it is the same as OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order-- the way it should be!).
Oh, great COD in heaven... may you be cured, si man.

Thought for the Day: I bought a cured ham. Wonder what it had?

Germans and Poles are notoriously fastidious.
Thanks to the miracles of modern medicine, there's an inoculation against that, si man.
Russian women try to train their men to put the toilet seat down
How very sexist, shudder man!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife believes the toilet seat should be down but that the lid should be up (and ready for business). I was taught that both should be down. We've never had a disagreement about it though. Honestly, I'm not sure if I leave it up or down. It's force of habit one way or the other.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

From a post I made about three years ago:

The logic on "Putting the damn seat down":

Assume a man and women live together. They each use the toilet five times a day. The man only "sits" once a day.

The toilet is used ten times a day. Sitting down equals six (seat down) Standing up equals four (seat up) (excludes the "hover" pee for women) So the toilet is used 60% of the time sitting and 40% of the time standing.

If the seat is always down, the women raises/lowers the seat 0% of the time. The man raises it four times and lowers it four times (eight "touches" per day for five trips – 160% contact for his five trips).

Now if the man were to leave it as it was when he finished, it would be down 60% of the time and up 40% of the time. So whenever one of them went to use it the next time, there is a 60% chance it is down. So for the women, 60% of the time she would have "no touch", 40% of the time they would have to lower the damn seat (two "touches" per day).

For the man – the 80% of the time he wanted to stand, there is a 60% chance he would have to raise the seat (2.4 touches per day), the 20% of the time he wanted to "sit", there is a 40% chance he would have to lower the lid (0.4 touches per day). A total of 2.8 touches per day. So 44% of the time he would have "no touch". Still not as good as the lady of the house, but much more equitable.

So between them the total could be dropped from eight touches per day to 4.8 touches per day – a 40% savings in toilet touches!

Now go ahead and explain this to your RUB SO and let me know her response.... devil.gif

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

From a post I made about three years ago:

The logic on "Putting the damn seat down":

Assume a man and women live together. They each use the toilet five times a day. The man only "sits" once a day.

The toilet is used ten times a day. Sitting down equals six (seat down) Standing up equals four (seat up) (excludes the "hover" pee for women) So the toilet is used 60% of the time sitting and 40% of the time standing.

If the seat is always down, the women raises/lowers the seat 0% of the time. The man raises it four times and lowers it four times (eight "touches" per day for five trips – 160% contact for his five trips).

Now if the man were to leave it as it was when he finished, it would be down 60% of the time and up 40% of the time. So whenever one of them went to use it the next time, there is a 60% chance it is down. So for the women, 60% of the time she would have "no touch", 40% of the time they would have to lower the damn seat (two "touches" per day).

For the man – the 80% of the time he wanted to stand, there is a 60% chance he would have to raise the seat (2.4 touches per day), the 20% of the time he wanted to "sit", there is a 40% chance he would have to lower the lid (0.4 touches per day). A total of 2.8 touches per day. So 44% of the time he would have "no touch". Still not as good as the lady of the house, but much more equitable.

So between them the total could be dropped from eight touches per day to 4.8 touches per day – a 40% savings in toilet touches!

Now go ahead and explain this to your RUB SO and let me know her response.... devil.gif

Statistically significant...with an error of less than .001%. Any data on bidets?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Statistically significant...with an error of less than .001%.
What's the 95% confidence interval, huh man?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Alla will put the seat down if necessary as long as someone else cleans the toilet.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

There is still a local struggle about dirty-dish rules: Please don't stack dinner plates atop each other, because it craps up the formerly clean undersides of the plates, too. Please run water in or on everything right after it's been used, so that the residual ####### doesn't congeal permanently. Please, PLEASE drop every piece of used silverware into water so that it doesn't take an industrial sanding-machine to remove the hardened-on ####### later. PLEASE don't put stuff into the dishwasher until it's been inspected for the possible need of pre-scrubbing.

We have some cooking-pots that will NEVER come clean (short of a resurrection of carbon tetrachloride), and I had to throw out a couple of forks onto which ####### became vulcanized after inadequate treatment before they went into the dishwasher.

Oh, and: If you must load the dishwasher yourself, please ensure that nothing tall will interfere with the rotation of the arms. In fact, YOU concentrate on soaking or rinsing just-used stuff in the sink, and your husband will ever-so-gladly handle it from there.

In regard to the dryer, the lint-trap is a lost cause, sigh man.

Also, every time Mrs. T-B. cooks spaghetti, everything in the entire kitchen (not just in or around the sink) ends up with sauce or meat-grease on it, gross man. Actually, I shouldn't complain, because every other U.S. husband who's married to an Ecuatoriana has rice constantly coming out of his nether crack and every other orifice, gag man. The ants in the kitchen wholeheartedly agree, man.

Dealt with all of those except the rice... da man!

How did you train Vika not to leave things on the counter? Was there corporal punishment involved?

:devil:

The thaw re-freeze thing is actually OK in terms of food safety, but it does nothing for flavor and texture, to say the least. Especially for ice cream. (mmmm, Alla you made vanilla soup again!) One of Alla's problems is she buys huge packages of ground beef to make Ukrainian meatballs (she makes a LOT of them) and then it sits on a plate in the frig until it begins to turn brown (no problem for a Ukrainian) She is still working on coordinating the defrost process with the cooking process I guess.

This is my fault because we have a car and we do not have 5 flights of stairs coming into the house so she buys lots of food in advance and "has to" freeze it instead of going to the market and buying it fresh when she is ready to cook.

We already know how the "your fault" thing works.

In my defense (no such thing) we live about 500 yards from the front door out a 24/7 supermarket. No.......NEVER point that out! Just be "guilty ,like a man should"

Understand, I am not saying Vika has the freeze/thaw/cook thing down pat :lol: Things do make it into the fridge though. She says the kitchen is like her office (respect the work buddy... and I do), very clean. We also have loads of TBone issues like throwing too many dishes with zero pre rinse into the dishwash machine. She did pick up on the solution to blocking the spraying arm though :lol:

Bread lasts longer in Ukraine? Russian/Ukrainian bread is only good for a couple of days. Here, if it's just out of the bakery, it will be good for about the same time... While sandwich bread and potato rolls can be good for a couple of weeks...

I was comparing those round loaves of brown bread to our sliced stuff from Kroger. When in Ukraine and Belarus, I did leave it out, trimmed the stale part off a day or two later and it seemed fine. Try leaving a few slices of Bunny Bread out on the counter and eating them the next afternoon.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Thanks for the math... it makes sense! I will definitely use that next time a woman b!tches about the seat being left up.

I put the seat down and close the lid every single time. I could care less what the women around me want, I just don't like sticking my hand in there whenever I drop something down and with the lid closed, there's a much lower chance of that happening, especially since we have a shelf with 84 health and beauty products on it. I could care less if they fall in the toilet, but I'm not going to clean up the sh!t that comes out when they clog it up. Thusly I have to reach in and clear the clog. Therefore, I leave the seat down and the lid closed. Hows that for statistical probablity?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Try leaving a few slices of Bunny Bread out on the counter and eating them the next afternoon.

Try leaving bunny bread on our counter and Alla will promptly be on the back deck slinging it in the yard like frisbees!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My wife believes the toilet seat should be down but that the lid should be up (and ready for business). I was taught that both should be down. We've never had a disagreement about it though. Honestly, I'm not sure if I leave it up or down. It's force of habit one way or the other.

Lid down when you flush, so it doesn't spew ####### water everywhere in the bathroom... that's my opinion anyway.

Timeline

Lid down when you flush, so it doesn't spew ####### water everywhere in the bathroom... that's my opinion anyway.

:blink:

####### water? Your toilet spews ####### water? :help:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks for the math... it makes sense! I will definitely use that next time a woman b!tches about the seat being left up.

I put the seat down and close the lid every single time. I could care less what the women around me want, I just don't like sticking my hand in there whenever I drop something down and with the lid closed, there's a much lower chance of that happening, especially since we have a shelf with 84 health and beauty products on it. I could care less if they fall in the toilet, but I'm not going to clean up the sh!t that comes out when they clog it up. Thusly I have to reach in and clear the clog. Therefore, I leave the seat down and the lid closed. Hows that for statistical probablity?

I think I finally understand Russia's seatless toilet phenomena...it's simple. If men and women can't decide about the seat being up or down, they will have to do without ANY seat. Argument ended. No more toilet power struggle. Ingenious.

Besides, toilet seats are so "western."

I think I finally understand Russia's seatless toilet phenomena...it's simple. If men and women can't decide about the seat being up or down, they will have to do without ANY seat. Argument ended. No more toilet power struggle. Ingenious.

Besides, toilet seats are so "western."

:lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.