Ashleighcurious

Help with Medical???

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have read in other topics that we should just wait for the medical before we do anything about vaccinations. We are still waiting on NOA2 so as such our medical and interview are still far away (probably March). Should we still wait to begin the vaccination process? Or since we have so much time before the interview should be begin the vaccination process? Any one??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I went for my visa medical yesterday. I went and had a few vaccinations done before hand but the list was long. But at the medical the Dr said that as i was 40 all i needed was tetanus, mumps, measles and rubella vaccinations. So i guess it may be easier to wait to make sure what you need, but it is up to you. As long as the vaccinations are done and you have a record of them i don;t think it matters how long before the medical exam you gt them done. So you could go and get everyone of them done now, but i don't know what ones you will need. I hope this helps a little

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I went for my visa medical yesterday. I went and had a few vaccinations done before hand but the list was long. But at the medical the Dr said that as i was 40 all i needed was tetanus, mumps, measles and rubella vaccinations. So i guess it may be easier to wait to make sure what you need, but it is up to you. As long as the vaccinations are done and you have a record of them i don;t think it matters how long before the medical exam you gt them done. So you could go and get everyone of them done now, but i don't know what ones you will need. I hope this helps a little

Thank you for your response. I am thinking to just wait for the medical and see what the doctor say, I have had mumps, measles and rubella and Tentanus shots already in the past. I know the US have a list of ones needed I am not sure where I stand. I will just wait for the medical and see. Thanks again for your reply. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You need:

MMR - 2 shots to complete the series (so 2 shots in your lifetime)

Varicella - 2 shots to complete the series OR NONE if you had chicken pox

Tdap - 1 shot every 10 years

Influenza - 1 shot ONLY if between October and February

If you have not had a Tdap shot within the last 10 years you need to get it again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband went to the local clinic in the middle of February and had his medical in May. He took the list of shots with him and got the ones that he needed at the clinic and we saved a lot of money doing it that way. The key is going way before your medical because if you wait to only a few weeks before they will give him the shots again.

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read in other topics that we should just wait for the medical before we do anything about vaccinations. We are still waiting on NOA2 so as such our medical and interview are still far away (probably March). Should we still wait to begin the vaccination process? Or since we have so much time before the interview should be begin the vaccination process? Any one??

once you do the medical they will give you the correct or what vaccination you will be needing and it is included on what you paid for your medical :)

Timeline

once you do the medical they will give you the correct or what vaccination you will be needing and it is included on what you paid for your medical :)

in Jamaica the vaccinations are not included in the medical price they are in addition to the price. Our medical costs $8,400 JA ($100US) at Andrews Hospital in Kingston and if he needed any shots it would have been added on to that I believe that that shots were anywhere between $3,000-$5,000 extra each...

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

AOS

8/01/2011 NOA date

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

in Jamaica the vaccinations are not included in the medical price they are in addition to the price. Our medical costs $8,400 JA ($100US) at Andrews Hospital in Kingston and if he needed any shots it would have been added on to that I believe that that shots were anywhere between $3,000-$5,000 extra each...

wow really? i didn't know that... :) medical here in the Phil. is only over 200usd and the shots/vaccinations is included in that over 200usd whew!

Timeline

wow really? i didn't know that... :) medical here in the Phil. is only over 200usd and the shots/vaccinations is included in that over 200usd whew!

O wow that is nice to have it all together. We didnt even know how much to expect to pay when we went to the medical. It would have been so much nicer to know

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

AOS

8/01/2011 NOA date

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.