Captain Oates

Are your Politics / Religion converted ?

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Peoples' religious and political views can certainly change -they are NOT set at birth. I grew up sheltered in a very catholic conservative family (politically). It was not until I went to college and couch-surfed around Europe (alone) (think Chania, Greece; Bled, Slovenia and Cashel, Ireland... smal towns, not big cities) with no cell phone, credit card or computer.... that is when my views of the world and politics changed.

People get so caught up in their tiny little lives they forget about perspective. It always has to be "white" or "black," "right" or "left." Call me old fashioned, but I swear that turning off cable news for one hour and instead writing back and forth with a pen pal from soemwhere in the world once a week would really change peoples' political and religious views.

Excellent ! I don't think it will have sent you to an extreme - just the middle ?

That is where we will all end up I reckon

I just watch cable politics for the laugh from both sides. I laugh at John Edwards as much as Perry.

Chania eh ? Been there. They always serve the Germans first coz they tip better. In the war, packs of women in Chania were killing young german parachutists using table legs. Now they serve them sea food for nice tips - so that proves people can change....and it proves the power of money.

moresheep400100.jpg

And by checking her out, that means visiting the strip club during her shift and sampling the goods in VIP?

Because it doesn't mean that to me. To me it just means looking at her from a safe distance across the dinner table.

Playing the morals card eh AJ? Nothing wrong with sampling the goods imo just to get an idea if the freak syndrome runs in her family gene pool or if the similarities between mom and daughter are limited to the looks dept.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Come to think of it, how come our parents don't chose our politics for us when we are 3 weeks old....it would seem logical.

My mother is a die hard Democrat and calls the Republicans "the party of the Yankee invader" and my father was a Conservative Republican, 3 clicks right of Rush Limbaugh.

I had no choice but to be a Libertarian.

I suspect it was scandal who converted LI to Democratism.

When you stand for nothing you will fall for anything.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You mean like 1960's Oxford, England.

This is the town I lived in until 2007 - Bradford - now Bradistan - all Pakistani flags

How would the Americans like this ? Substitute Mexican flags and re-run it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyu-GwRrbbM&feature=related

moresheep400100.jpg

This is the town I lived in until 2007 - Bradford - now Bradistan - all Pakistani flags

How would the Americans like this ? Substitute Mexican flags and re-run it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyu-GwRrbbM&feature=related

And not one of them would willingly go back to their sh*t hole country. It's the same with the Mexicans here. Third world culture is just that...third world culture. You can pimp your ride, wave some other countries flag, but at the end of the day it's still a third world sh*t hole that was made that way by a backwards people living in a backwards culture. So what do they do? They bring that third world mentality to their new "host country". I'm all for mass deportation...and screw the people that say it doesn't work. Stalin did it time and again without a hitch.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

The UK will be a Muslim country forever and NOTHING can stop that.... in the history of England, 100 years is nothing, but in 100 years, the majority of the parliament and the majority of the people WILL be Muslim.

Almost all the people you see in this video are British born citizens - and where do they source their spouses ? You guessed it.

The birth rate for natives needs to be 2.2 to hold the population steady. It is 1.4.

All the people in the video are British born citizens. Where do they source their spouses ? You guessed it.

I don't blame them, I would do the same if I lived in Pakistan. I blame the 'judas goat' politicians leading their people towards this un-wished future..

It is far too late for any solution and the future is set.

It is relevant to this thread that a population can be converted to a way of thinking that makes them accept a certain political stance to which they would be opposed if left to their own instincts

It seems that we accept ideas handed to us buy persons in authority - usually our parents, the church, politicians.

It is apparent that we should think things for ourselves or be led by persons we really want to lead us, otherwise our fate is to be like England's

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Four posts violating TOS or quoting a violating post have been removed.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

The Crayon FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kicking.gifkicking.gif

Would you believe, the 7th century AD is where I place all my faith - in The Crayon.

Pre-big bang, pre-banking, pre-evolution, pre-science, pre-math, pre-life expectancy > 40 years old, pre-medicine, pre-civilized society.

They knew it! They had the answers. THE CRAYON has all the answers!!!! kicking.gif

Picture this minus 1300 years:

pakistan-quran-burning-reaction-eea750a2c69987bf_large.jpg

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

As a member of the Brown Menace (North American League), I assure you we are legion and out to destroy your way of life. :star:

You aren't a brown legion - your are a honey crumpet and then some !

Only when you admit to sawing a live sheep's throat in your back garden, like my neighbors used to do; only then can you join the believers - and they come in all shades from Bosnia eastward so you can't use your honey crumpet flesh (OOOO !!!!!) to pass yourself off as an invading horde or a true believer

I bet you dont even have a foreign flag

I could mail you one

GeriUnionJack.jpg

xx

moresheep400100.jpg

You aren't a brown legion - your are a honey crumpet and then some !

Thank you, Alan. I feel my first VJ name change in nearly five years coming on now.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Thank you, Alan. I feel my first VJ name change in nearly five years coming on now.

You sure that isn't a hot flash you feel coming on?

sigbet.jpg