ECS

Is this a Bigamous Marriage?

167 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes but can't he flag that one as well?

That would be done through the nearest Philippine consulate. They have an entirely different attitude about mothers and child custody of Filipino citizen child.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

There are still some whorehouse there and maybe she could find an american who will clean this up for her. But sadly, she will be barred from entering the US for the rest of her fake life. :rofl:

Gee, you don't have to sound so mean about it. Whorehouse, really? :wacko:

I know this woman is totally crazy and has done innumerable wrong and bad things against many people. I'm not defending her actions and crimes whatsoever. But really... there's no need to be mean with our comments. We aren't her judge.

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know this woman is totally crazy and has done innumerable wrong and bad things against many people. I'm not defending her actions and crimes whatsoever. But really... there's no need to be mean with our comments. We aren't her judge.

I judge because I got a straight and honest life. Some people may not like me but at least I am not a liar. I do things in a hard way even if it appears to be more difficult. And it's not the OP that I a being hostile. :ot2:

Happy New Year!

Timeline

I judge because I got a straight and honest life. Some people may not like me but at least I am not a liar. I do things in a hard way even if it appears to be more difficult. And it's not the OP that I a being hostile. :ot2:

If you are a judge of that woman, who is YOUR judge? ;) Just sayin'!

:ot2:

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Filed: Timeline

But none of this matters now, the lawyers in the US feel he is legally married. It is now best to approach this from the stand point of her true identity being the cental issue and the fraud she committed when she signed her marriage license under a fake identity.

That might have been true before I found out that she used the wrong name on the Marriage certificate, which is just today. I think it changes the game quite a bit, no?

This is not like an Amanda Knox case. This is a marriage and divorce of people with different citizenship so you have to comply on the rules of both countries. To prove that his wife is a bigamist, then the lawyers of the OP may even be required to present Philippine documents showing that she's still when her 2nd husband took her in the US.

I have a certified copy of her first marriage certificate

I agree. Even as the victim of this whole thing (albeit not the only victim) I dont think she deserves that.

Timeline

If you are a judge of that woman, who is YOUR judge? ;) Just sayin'!

:ot2:

The OP needs judge and good lawyers for his problem. This thread has 9 pages, a lot has been said already so I hope he could find himself and his way out on this. I wish him all the best.

Happy New Year!

Timeline

I agree. Even as the victim of this whole thing (albeit not the only victim) I dont think she deserves that.

Good on ya, OP, for having a good attitude about this. :thumbs:

The OP needs judge and good lawyers for his problem. This thread has 9 pages, a lot has been said already so I hope he could find himself and his way out on this. I wish him all the best.

I was talking about the judge of YOU, teapotgurl1983, but it's okay. I agree with you, this thread is way too long for words.

To ECS: All the best!

Timeline

I am thinking of getting a CEMAR copy from NSO that will show the list of her marriages. Just to show that when she left the country as a "spouse", she's still tied up with someone else and therefore conclude that her entrance in the US isn't legal and she's not entitled to divorce someone else.

Just a thought. I am not a lawyer.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Very interesting. Thank you. But unfortunately, I think her divorces are valid in the US and she was free to marry me. For all these years of her scamming me, I cannot do anything to keep her from taking half of my assets.

:crying: and :angry: at the same time.

I'm sorry, but that's a p!ss poor excuse for not wanting to follow Family Law with regard to the division of assets and custody of children. Your marriage to her was valid, you spent 15 years with the woman as your wife - she's entitled to whatever the law says she's entitled to, unless you somehow think you too are above the law. Two wrongs don't make a right. It's best to accept the dissolution of marriage with her and all that it entails, rather than be bitter. The sooner you can accept that, the better you will be for it.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Timeline

I am thinking of getting a CEMAR copy from NSO that will show the list of her marriages. Just to show that when she left the country as a "spouse", she's still tied up with someone else and therefore conclude that her entrance in the US isn't legal and she's not entitled to divorce someone else.

If one of the marriages was legally dissolved, it will show an annotation that its already terminated.

Happy New Year!

Timeline

That might have been true before I found out that she used the wrong name on the Marriage certificate, which is just today. I think it changes the game quite a bit, no?

That is the very point I'm making, the woman you married is not the woman listed on the marriage license. You thought you were marrying the person on the license, but the woman you married has a different name and date of birth, her real name is not on the marriage license.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

I'm sorry, but that's a p!ss poor excuse for not wanting to follow Family Law with regard to the division of assets and custody of children. Your marriage to her was valid, you spent 15 years with the woman as your wife - she's entitled to whatever the law says she's entitled to, unless you somehow think you too are above the law. Two wrongs don't make a right. It's best to accept the dissolution of marriage with her and all that it entails, rather than be bitter. The sooner you can accept that, the better you will be for it.

So this woman doesnt tell me the truth for 15 years for reasons still unknown to me, and I have supported her and her kids (not only our son)99% without asking her for a dime while I scrimp and save for what I thought was a long future together while all along she had many times to tell me and you think she should get away with it? Im not saying shes not deserving of anything..but half?

Maybe there are more like her out there who doesnt seem to think she did anything wrong. :wow:

If one of the marriages was legally dissolved, it will show an annotation that its already terminated.

Sorry, but huh?

The problem with an attempt to block his US passport, she's a Phippine citizen, so she can get the kid a passport as he has dual citizenship.

Exactly his problem. I am not sure but I think for a US passport both parents should give the consent. I don't know of any similar rule on Philippine law. I assume any parent can given this case.

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/mar/13/local/me-abduct13

Given the woman's background (denying and abandoning her son in the Philippines, the OP may have a chance). And it is MUCH better if the OP tries to get custody of his son while still in the US. He may not be able to do so if the child steps in the Philippines

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ahh no. His marriage to her WAS NOT valid because she used someone else's ID. She used fake ID to marry him. He needs to prove it to void the marriage but there it is. Her divorces might also not be valid as she divorced her first husband using her second husbands name (when she was never legally married due to the first marriage) and also, again, because she used fake ID to do the divorces.

I'm sorry but I'm with him on this. She should get SOMETHING, of course, but not 50% and not his retirement and what not. I cannot believe you think fraud should be rewarded. He lived for 15 years, fathered a child with this woman who he thought he was married to but he wasn't/isn't. This I worse than cheating. He is left to wonder whether he ever REALLY knew her. She used him to try and "hide" from immigration. He protected her from deportation by believing her lies. Had she told the truth he wouldn't be where he is today.

OP I truly hope you get this marriage recognized as being void due to the use of fake ID and also for the divorces being invalid due to her using false ID. I'm sure you're not going to leave her out in the cold, but no, half would be ridiculous IMO because this wasn't an "equal" marriage. You were completely lied to.

Timeline

So this woman doesnt tell me the truth for 15 years for reasons still unknown to me, and I have supported her and her kids (not only our son)99% without asking her for a dime while I scrimp and save for what I thought was a long future together while all along she had many times to tell me and you think she should get away with it? Im not saying shes not deserving of anything..but half?Maybe there are more like her out there who doesnt seem to think she did anything wrong. :wow:

Look, I understand what it is like to go through a divorce. I was married for 15 years as well. You make it sound like you had no idea she had prior relationships, but she had children. I'm not excusing what she did wrong, but beyond you feeling a sense of betrayal (for her not telling you about her past), your relationship and marriage to her was valid. That's what is going to matter to the court (Family Law). My divorce was in California and we ended up using a paralegal. There's a formula for determining the custody of the children, which has leeway, but the division of property is pretty straight forward.

My advice would be to dump the lawyer if you can get her to agree to arbitration and then the two of you sit down with a paralegal to work out the division of assets as well as the custody of the child(ren). You'll save yourself a lot of money and possibly work out an agreement between the two of you that is more favorable than what a family court judge would rule. Seriously, it's just not worth fighting her in court over. Move on to acceptance and start living the rest of your life. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.