ECS

Is this a Bigamous Marriage?

167 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Granting she used a fake identity when she divirced the fil husband, i guess the divorce is void because the divorcee is not legally the one who married the Filipino guy

:thumbs:

We know how she came to the USA, that is not an issue, we also know she committed bigamy when she married the second guy, no one is arguing either of those facts.

She can't get rid of the first marriage that's why she came up with faking her birthday and claim that she was 12 yrs old when she got married. :rofl:

I have a feeling that that's the problem why she's not able to get a greencard. The USDHS keeps on discovering dirt about her.

Happy New Year!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes teapotgurl, she is a human wrecking ball.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline
I hope she does not cone out a la jose vargas and appeal for ambesty with her sob story
That's what's going to happened with the wife's kid (not the one that belongs to the OP). I just wonder why she left the other one.

Yes teapotgurl, she is a human wrecking ball.

:ot: Lesson learned: One of the reasons why someone shouldn't marry so young because you are still growing and haven't explored the world enough to find yourself and be decided what you really want to do in your life.

:ot2: I'd love to hear from the 2nd husband. Him and the OP can send her a$$ back in Zambales. There are still some whorehouse there and maybe she could find an american who will clean this up for her. But sadly, she will be barred from entering the US for the rest of her fake life. :rofl:

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Ok. People are wondering why I am foucising on a bigamy issue...

I have a divorce lawyer and have spoken with other divorce lawyers. Before we found out that she used the wrong name with one of the divorces, they all have said that her divorces and marriage to me are valid and that out marriage is valid, regardless of anything else she has done.

If we get divorced, she is entitled to half of everything that I have and built towards without anyhelp from her whatsoever. Inlcuding half of my assets, half of the equity on our home and half of my retirement benefits. HALF if not more.

Now if it turns out to be null and void from the beignning, she will not.

And before anyone starts attacking me for being in a marriage for 13 years and leaving her out in the cold without a penny, I have no intention on doing such a thing. But it is not the issue we are discussing here, so lets please leave it at the discussion topic at hand.

Is she a resident of USA? If she is not... one argument is that she is a filipino citizen and the philippines does law does not recognize divorce unless there is an annulment or the USC is the one that filed for divorce. You could request her marriage certificate from the NSO (though i know you should have the name of her filipino husband, i may be wrong)) 2) request for a certificate of marriage from NSO. If you have these data... possible argument is that succeeding marriages are null and void.

Same time petition to have a full custody of the child for her being an unfit mother.. with all those lies...

Also, try to talk to lawyers who know filipino laws. You might get another viewpoint from them.

Edited by rheanick

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Timeline
:o Edited by Adam & May

----------------K1 Journey---------------

02/01/2010 - Sent I-129F sent to CSC Express Mail

02/03/2010 - Date on NOA1

02/09/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in mail

03/18/2010 - NOA2 approval mailed by CSC (per USCIS.org)43 Days from NOA1

03/23/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

06/18/2010 - Interview Passed PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!!

07/02/2010 - Visa received!

07/03/2010 & 07/05/2010 - PRISM Seminar & CFO Sticker (We are all set

08/08/2010 - May's POE Detroit, MI USA

09/24/2010 - Received SSN Card

10/08/2010 - Wedding

----------------AOS Journey---------------

12/07/2010 - Submitted AOS/EAD Package

12/14/2010 - NOA1 Received

12/27/2010 - Biometrics Completed

01/20/2011 - AOS Transfered to CSC

01/26/2011 - AOS Received by CSC

02/16/2011 - EAD Approved

N/A - AOS Appointment

02/22/2011 - AOS Appproved

02/26/2011 - EAD Card Received

02/27/2011 - Green Card Received

01/19/2013 - Mailed I-751

##/##/2013 - NOA1 Received

##/##/2013 - BIometrics Appointment

##/##/2013 - Interview

##/##/2013 - 10 Year Green Card Issued

FV%20US%20-%20Reg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Wow. Looks like I quite a topic here. Its almost hard to believe if it werent so true.

She had been removable ever since the 1993 when Immigration discovered her to be in a bigamous marriage (before I even met her). After many, many years of appeals and such, she was able to convince the Judge that she had submitted enough evidence that she was born in 1970. That is what I thought too all along and that is why I stood by her. Again, why it took so long for them to find her real birth certificate, I will never understand, but that was only discovered in 2010 and that is when I filed for divorce.

She still doesnt feel like she really did anything wrong and blames my wanting to leave her because I found someone else.

From what I understand, there are "voided" marriages and "voidable" marriages. Bigamy would be a "void" marriage, which means which I am trying to get. Fraudulent marriage could fall either under a "void" marriage or a "voidable" marriage. If it turns out to be a "voidable" marriage, there is a possibility that my assets will still be divisible to her.

My son is presently with me but she sees him on the weekends. I have already begun divorce prcedures and we have a hearing coming up to determine custody. My laywer knows that it is very important for me to get full custody

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow. Looks like I quite a topic here. Its almost hard to believe if it werent so true.

She had been removable ever since the 1993 when Immigration discovered her to be in a bigamous marriage (before I even met her). After many, many years of appeals and such, she was able to convince the Judge that she had submitted enough evidence that she was born in 1970. That is what I thought too all along and that is why I stood by her. Again, why it took so long for them to find her real birth certificate, I will never understand, but that was only discovered in 2010 and that is when I filed for divorce.

She still doesnt feel like she really did anything wrong and blames my wanting to leave her because I found someone else.

From what I understand, there are "voided" marriages and "voidable" marriages. Bigamy would be a "void" marriage, which means which I am trying to get. Fraudulent marriage could fall either under a "void" marriage or a "voidable" marriage. If it turns out to be a "voidable" marriage, there is a possibility that my assets will still be divisible to her.

My son is presently with me but she sees him on the weekends. I have already begun divorce prcedures and we have a hearing coming up to determine custody. My laywer knows that it is very important for me to get full custody

Good re your son. Remember, she COULD just take your child and run. This is why it's important to put a block on his passports. I would be very careful. She knows she's going to get deported and could get desperate and run.

Timeline

Is she a resident of USA? If she is not... one argument is that she is a filipino citizen and the philippines does law does not recognize divorce unless there is an annulment or the USC is the one that filed for divorce. You could request her marriage certificate from the NSO (though i know you should have the name of her filipino husband, i may be wrong)) 2) request for a certificate of marriage from NSO. If you have these data... possible argument is that succeeding marriages are null and void.

Same time petition to have a full custody of the child for her being an unfit mother.. with all those lies...

Also, try to talk to lawyers who know filipino laws. You might get another viewpoint from them.

But none of this matters now, the lawyers in the US feel he is legally married. It is now best to approach this from the stand point of her true identity being the cental issue and the fraud she committed when she signed her marriage license under a fake identity.

Philippine law will have no bearing on this case in a US family law court.

Proving a mother unfit is a very difficult hill to climb for a man, it takes much than lies to prove a woman an "unfit mother."

I know from personal experience how hard it is to get custody of a child from the mother, even when it is obvious she is unfit. And from the experience of a few male friends, I've seen how hard it is to get custody.

The OP certainly did not marry the person he thought he married.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

The problem with an attempt to block his US passport, she's a Phippine citizen, so she can get the kid a passport as he has dual citizenship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The problem with an attempt to block his US passport, she's a Phippine citizen, so she can get the kid a passport as he has dual citizenship.

Yes but can't he flag that one as well?

Timeline
Philippine law will have no bearing on this case in a US family law court.

This is not like an Amanda Knox case. This is a marriage and divorce of people with different citizenship so you have to comply on the rules of both countries. To prove that his wife is a bigamist, then the lawyers of the OP may even be required to present Philippine documents showing that she's still when her 2nd husband took her in the US.

It's the other way around with the child custody though. That's purely US court because the child is a USC and son of USC

She had been removable ever since the 1993 when Immigration discovered her to be in a bigamous marriage (before I even met her).

Exactly. She's in the US because of her fake marriage but she should have been out of the US long time ago.

Happy New Year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.