Patch97777

Proof Of Having Met In Person

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, I'm putting together my K1 Visa application and I'm pondering whether I should print all of the facebooks messages me and my fiancee exchanged? It's in another language so would it have to be a notarized translation of the facebook messages? There are about close to 1000 messages and I would literally be sending in a novel. Also how many pictures would suffice as proof of having met? I have fifty pictures that I could send from various parts of the foreign country where we met. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Edited by Patch97777

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You don't mention the country where the interview would later occur, so we can't yet tell you whether front-loading your petition (not a "visa application," to be precise) might prove to be valuable.

Photos are secondary evidence. Primary evidence includes passport stamps, boarding passes, and luggage receipts. Please read, review, and comprehend the Guides.

Front-loaded petition evidence, and material that's taken to the consulate for the interview, should be carefully selected in terms of what YOU want to be seen or read. No one at USCIS (petition phase) or the consulate (interview phase) is going to wade through 1,000 message printouts -- and if you include that many ("all"), a few will doubtlessly not be to your benefit. Regardless, translations of that material would not need to be notarized.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

The basic things that need to be submitted as proof are, like what TBoneTX has said, boarding passes and passport stamps. Luggage receipts, hotel receipts, and some photos can be sent in as well.

For proof of ongoing relationship, the Facebook wall post or message screenshots can be sent in, and also Skype screenshots. They aren't requested, but there's no harm sending in SOME of those things. No need to send in a buttload. ;)

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

You were not in the same room when you sent those messages, right? Facebook messages are not proof of having met in person.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

those stuff you mentioned if only needed during the interview of the beneficiary, not on the application since you are only required to present the evidence of meeting in person within 2yrs.on top of of I-129F, G325A, your birth certificate and passport photos of course.

Happy New Year!

Sorry for not referencing the country, it's Romania. If I do send a printout of a few facebook messages should I take out spinets from the beginning, middle, and end? Also we haven't been communicating on facebook since June 22 since we mainly use skype to talk. Does it help having these messages with the petition once it reaches the Romanian consulate?

Edited by Patch97777

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Sorry for not referencing the country, it's Romania. If I do send a printout of a few facebook messages should I take out spinets from the beginning, middle, and end? Also we haven't been communicating on facebook since June 22 since we mainly use skype to talk. Does it help having these messages with the petition once it reaches the Romanian consulate?

What do you mean by "spinets"?

Check out the country portal for Romania (at the top of the VJ page) and find out if you need to frontload your petition.

In any case, like I said earlier, there is no harm sending in SOME Facebook message screenshots and SOME Skype video call screenshots with your initial petition. *IF* frontloading is needed, send in many of those things I just mentioned, among other things.

Edited by MalaysianGirl

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

What do you mean by "spinets"?

Check out the country portal for Romania (at the top of the VJ page) and find out if you need to frontload your petition.

In any case, like I said earlier, there is no harm sending in SOME Facebook message screenshots and SOME Skype video call screenshots with your initial petition. *IF* frontloading is needed, send in many of those things I just mentioned, among other things.

Ok sounds good :) Thanks everyone for your help I really appreciate it!

Edited by Patch97777

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, I'm putting together my K1 Visa application and I'm pondering whether I should print all of the facebooks messages me and my fiancee exchanged? It's in another language so would it have to be a notarized translation of the facebook messages? There are about close to 1000 messages and I would literally be sending in a novel. Also how many pictures would suffice as proof of having met? I have fifty pictures that I could send from various parts of the foreign country where we met. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

You should print and include NONE of the facebook messages for the petition. They do not prove you met in person and are not required for the petition.

We sent exactly ONE photo of us together for our petition. Passport stamps and boarding passes. NOTHING else.

Emails, phone bills, facebook, all of that is used for the interview, later, not for the petition.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You do not need ANY.

So called "front loading" of evidence is used for consulates that are suspected of not reviewing evidence at the time of the interview and even then is only useful, possibly, if you are denied. I refuse to prepare for failure, I prepare for success.

Romania is not a particularly difficult consulate. Send proof that you have met in person at least once. Facebook cannot possibly do that.

Adding reams of unnecessary paper to a petition has -0- affect on whether it is approved and will not make up for anything missing that is needed.

Gary And Alla

You do not need ANY.

So called "front loading" of evidence is used for consulates that are suspected of not reviewing evidence at the time of the interview and even then is only useful, possibly, if you are denied. I refuse to prepare for failure, I prepare for success.

Romania is not a particularly difficult consulate. Send proof that you have met in person at least once. Facebook cannot possibly do that.

Adding reams of unnecessary paper to a petition has -0- affect on whether it is approved and will not make up for anything missing that is needed.

I want to attach another page with my I-129f page and wanted your guys thought on whether it's good or not. I have included facebooks, skype, and other front loading evidence with this paper but I can alter it if you guy's think it would be better of in the long run. Thanks!

We both met online in February of 2011 where our relationship began (see attached Facebook messages) which over time lead into deeper and more intimate discussions, then one day we decided to speak over the phone and after that day we begin calling each other frequently making use of calling cards (see attached bank statement of purchased Kroger calling cards). Then eventually we progressed into using Skype(Voice Over IP Software) to talk over the internet which gave us the freedom to talk without the minute limits imposed by calling cards (see attached Skype logs).

We began feeling very deeply for each other as we discovered each other’s inner person and life history, the struggles and challenges we faced growing up, the joys and hopes we felt and desire for our future, and we both shared laughter’s and tears together through these long intimate talks we intimately shared, which eventually lead way to our desire for meeting each other. I decided then to take my summer break from college and go to her in Romania, so we can meet in person and spend some time together. We decided on me coming to Romania and spending two months over there together which in the end was extended for one week (see attached Airline Flight Extension).

On July 5th my plane landed in Bucharest, Romania where I met Tabita at the airport for the first time, we both fell into each other’s warm embrace and hugged for the first time. From there we spent a couple of days in Bucharest exploring the city together and enjoying the big city life together. After a couple days in Bucharest we headed to her home city of Oradea (Tabita’s family has two houses, one in the town of Varviz and one in Oradea), where we spent most of my visit in this city, and I had the opportunity to become close with her family spending a lot of time with them, they all were so warm and welcoming which made me feel right at home with everyone there.

During my two month visit with Tabita we had the chance to travel throughout Romania visiting various cities and relatives, and we also took an out of country road trip together to the Republic of Moldova, specifically to the city of Balti (see attached passport entry stamps for Moldova and pictures). We also had the opportunity to visit Timisoara and explore this beautiful city and also a nearby city named Lipova, where we had the great pleasure of enjoying some time with Tabita’s sister and brother-in-law as we stayed at their place, they welcomed us into their home with such warmth and hospitality. We ended up coming back to Lipova after our stay in Timisoara and attended the Holy Mary Christian festival taking place at the local Monastery and explored the street vendors along the road associated with this festival. Finally we returned to Oradea where we spent the remainder of our visit together, enjoying and treasuring the few days we had left together.

On our last night in Oradea we packed my luggage staying up the whole night together to make the most of the few hours we had left there, and then together we took a train towards Timisoara where a shuttle plane was waiting to take me to Bucharest for my final flight to the United States. During my visit to Romania we spent every single moment and day together and now had come the time which we dreaded the most, I had to leave her across the continent and ocean that would separate us until I could have her back in my arms again. The only comfort we had was knowing that in time we would be back in each other’s warm embrace, and not only that but we would spend the rest of our lives together living our love story until death do us part.

Edited by Patch97777

Timeline

This is why they call them "hunny-bunnies" They will talk about your letter in the lunch room.

Her is what I wrote in response to question

"While returning from a trip to Ukraine on September 19, 2007 I had a layover in the Prague, CZ airport. I let Alla while standing in line to buy bus tickets to the city"

That's it. That's all. I attached ONE photo, our passport stamps and my boarding passes (both of our passport stamps, since I did not meet her in Ukraine I had to show we were both in Prague at the same time)

Yours is much more so it will be enough.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You do not need ANY.

Gary, you know very well that each embassy/consulate works differently. Citing your minimalist success can lead people to not research the norms for their individual circumstances.

I agree completely that one should submit quality evidence rather than quantity. Countless rambling love notes do not make a case stronger. Make sure that you document that you've actually met (passport stamps, boarding passes, etc.) and if appropriate that you've complied with the cultural norms. For Romania there isn't anything "big" in that area. (FWIW, I was married to a Romanian woman earlier in life)

Submitting a selection of correspondence showing the development of your relationship can be beneficial. A few snapshots together, with family, etc. is standard practice.

Did you visit the Pestera Ursilor (Bear's Cave) near Oradea?

Best of luck.

And a tip of the cap to Gary. He knows where to get good BBQ in Vermont. devil.gif

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So then it's a yes? This will be good if I send it in with the I-129F?

My fiance went through one of the hardest consulates (Morocco) and he was basically approved before the interview even occurred. I sent a more matter-of-fact letter along with my petition. I stated how we met, what we liked to talk about with each other, how we came to form a bond, mentioned my visits there, and explained that we mostly talked via phone. I also sent a list of Skype phone calls, from a month here, a month there - no chats, at all. I also sent my receipts for my trip, including my car rental, some restaurant receipts, boarding passes, and then about two pictures of us together and a couple of pictures of us individually but standing in the exact same spot to show consistency. I didn't want to overdo it with the drama. I just wanted it to be clear and easy for them to follow.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.