joli2010

chennai interview date

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, DOS stands for Department of State.

1-202-663-1225

Press 1 and then 0 unless options changed to talk to live person.

Monday thru Friday hours, I believe they close at 5 PM EST.

Thank God I called them. The guy at DOS tells me he can't find a case for the case number I gave him. Kept telling me I'm giving him the wrong case num, I'm like no, I'm looking at the letter. So he pulls up my case with my SS num and gives me a totally different case number. I called NVC to ask them what's going on,cuz my case number went from MDR to BNB now. He puts me on hold for a while and goes well your case has been transferred to Bombay now. WTH? :( They didn't even inform me...this probably means even more delays I guess. My hubby lives in Chennai though. Makes no sense. Can this be a red flag?

USCIS

NOA1 - 6/9/2011

NOA2 - 8/31/2011

NVC

NVC received - 9/5/2011

NVC case & IIN # - 9/28/2011

I-864 & DS-230 sent - 10/20/2011

Case Completed - 10/26/2011

Interview

Mumbai - 2/21/2012

Timeline

well dear friends to add more confusion to what is already messed up, i called NVC last night 12/6/11 and i was adviced there was a change to the case, as of January 2012, embassy in Chennai will no longer handle immigrant cases, and those who have been with Chennai consulate, their files are transfered to embassy in mumbai, this was updated last night so they told me a written notification will be sent out via post or email within a week.

i also contacted the mumbai embassy and was told that they will post the January list on december 15th.

this is the latest info i pulled up.

:((((

Timeline

well dear friends to add more confusion to what is already messed up, i called NVC last night 12/6/11 and i was adviced there was a change to the case, as of January 2012, embassy in Chennai will no longer handle immigrant cases, and those who have been with Chennai consulate, their files are transfered to embassy in mumbai, this was updated last night so they told me a written notification will be sent out via post or email within a week.

i also contacted the mumbai embassy and was told that they will post the January list on december 15th.

this is the latest info i pulled up.

:((((

Timeline

No mia its not a red flag, what i understood is basically from my phone conversation with NVC on 12/7 is that Chennai will no longer handle the Immigrant visa process, it is being handed over to the Mumbai office. So our cases which was at chennai are transferred to Mumbai, im shocked we were not notified of the matter, lucky that i put this information up :) haha. ohh and correction to your posting it is BMB not BNB ok....that will cause error when you call if you say BNB...

keep me posted as well. who knows our spouses will both have interviews together. :)...

Timeline

THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND REALLY, MUMBAI CONSULATE HAS POSTED THE DATES FOR JANUARY AND STILLL WE ARE NOT ON THE LIST. WHAT IS GOING ON??? IS ANYONE ON THE SAME CONDITIOn?//

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.