ascxvz

booking flights

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

leatherneck couldnt have said it better, to be honest alot better than I could have. A good chance I would have put the phone down in a not so quiet manner.

:thumbs: Kevin that makes two of us, when I'm spending my money (especially boatloads of cash), a little gratitude is all I ask.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

You've broken one of the cardinal rules (and bent it pretty badly a second time). It's too late now but never never never plan anything until you have the visa in hand. As maddening as it is to wait once you have the visa, it really makes sense to take a couple of weeks and wrap everything up and if you haven't already, learn as much as you can about your new home. Since you'll be on a K-1 visa, what will you do every day to keep yourself occupied and not bored to death?

I have to agree with those that said 9 hours is a small sacrifice when looking at double the cost.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did an 8 hour layover at Narita airport coz it was the cheapest ticket that I can get... but i wasn't dreading the 8 hour, i was actually looking forward to it, I know Narita airport is a good layover and there are a lot of things to do there. I spent my layover looking around the shops and even buying a couple of souvenirs, and when i got tired of that, i took out my laptop and watch some DVD movies.

Although I do understand the OP's situation of having a kid with her... I suggest bring some toys, if you have a laptop, bring DVD's that your kid like so that your kid can watch while waiting... Also looked online what are the facilities that the layover airport has to offer so that you can plan some things to do... Most airports nowadays, especially international ones are like malls... you will be surprise of how much you can do.

Patience... patience... patience... and understanding. Goodluck and hope you have a good trip!

:thumbs: Good advice Theresa. The way you view a layover matters, if you see it as a negative, ten it will be a long layover. If you see it as a positive and explore the shops and restaurants, gift shops, it can be fun. As a single traveler, I find food and alcohol then I'm good to go-a happy traveler.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I would suggest waiting til you have visa in hand before you buy tickets. I bought Theary and her sons ticket before and they put female instead of male on his visa so we had to wait 3 days to leave and I had to pay extra. Even though I could afford it its not something that you want to do or you are happy about doing.

We had a 9 hour layover in Korea we went to the hotel inside the airport and slept for 6 hours it was $70 so not so bad.

Just remember this is not only stressful for you but for the man you will marry also. You 2 need to come to a mutual agreement. Remember this will set the tone for your married life.

Edited by Daniel&Theary

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Asiana, Cathy Pacifc or Korean Air for me... I agree with you about PAL.

may i also add i will never fly pal again

They need to lay off a lot of employees, turn to outsourcing and facing another legal issue with their 1,400 employees.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

my fiance and i had a bit of argument...he checked on expedia to check flights for dec 3, which is the suppose date i am planning to leave the philippines...what he learned is that buying tickets 4 days before dec 3, doubles the price of the ticket...but we cannot buy it yet until after nov. 25, which is my interview date and after the visa is in my hand (some say 6 days before u get visa)....

He is taking the option into letting me and my daughter have 2 stop over...so that it would be cheaper...but will take me and my daughter 9 hours more flight...then he said, "we wont be buying tickets double the price" i answered back and said "i wont be flying 9 hours more"...then we hanged up the phone...pissed off :(

can someone give me a suggestion please on what to do???

Take the 9 hour flight. Between me and my fiance its 22 hour travel time. What's 9 hours after waiting all this time?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

if it was a flight and layover added together it wouldn't be as difficult (i personally think so) but a 9 hours layover is a little more tiring tho. With a child makes everything a little more difficult. if it's really going to be a problem maybe you guys need to push back the wedding (if possible) because 1) you don't know when you'll get your visa and you could possibly be put on AP so will have to wait anyways... and ... 2) you could possibly get cheaper plane ticket buying it with a date that is farther from the day you purchase.

i do agree that everything in this process is expensive so you do have to be careful when talking about money to each other. don't let it be something that could cause a problem in your relationship.

Edited by hnubno

This:

you need to wait for your visa before buying plane tickets

Listen to her. You could be sorry if you buy tickets before you have a visa in-hand... Worst case scenario he will have paid 2x the price for nothing!

Timeline:

02/04/2004 - A young Zinker arrives in Mexico to study Spanish and the dating game begins

2004--2005 - Many subsequent visits to Mx ensue to be with my love; engaged in March 2005!

04/??/2005 - I-129F is filed from within the US

06/09/2005 - Zinker moves to Mexico

09/??/2005 - I-129F is approved

10/15/2005 - Interview in Cd. Juarez and subsequently approved for a K1 Visa!..But visa is left in Juarez

10/17/2005 - Due to unexpected pregnancy and a job offer in Mx - we decide not to pursue the visa and it expires :(

01/04/2006 - Married in Mexico

10/09/2011 - Two children later and a comfortable life in Mexico... Preparing to file I-130 in December 2011. Stay Tuned!

Timeline

my fiance and i had a bit of argument...he checked on expedia to check flights for dec 3, which is the suppose date i am planning to leave the philippines...what he learned is that buying tickets 4 days before dec 3, doubles the price of the ticket...but we cannot buy it yet until after nov. 25, which is my interview date and after the visa is in my hand (some say 6 days before u get visa)....

He is taking the option into letting me and my daughter have 2 stop over...so that it would be cheaper...but will take me and my daughter 9 hours more flight...then he said, "we wont be buying tickets double the price" i answered back and said "i wont be flying 9 hours more"...then we hanged up the phone...pissed off :(

can someone give me a suggestion please on what to do???

Delta and Korean airlines run pretty good deals on 3 day advanced notice. If you goes on priceline he can get a pretty good deal on last minute tickets also. I personally think you and your daughter should be more important the a few extra $$ on the price of a ticket. This is only a one time expensive and a very long trip with a small child the fastest flight is much better if you are traveling with a child.

Timeline

Lets say you get a cheap ticket he wants for $800 or the expensive one you want for $1600. You will need two tickets, so this will be an extra $1600 to save 9 hours. This is better than $170 per hour.

He is buying you tickets and you complain that he is not spending enough? While I am sure you are priceless, $170 an hour is quite a bit of money.

Cash a reality check and wait until you have your visa, THEN be wise about spending his money.

There is no way a one way ticket fro phil would ever cost $1600. You can go just about anyday and get a 3 or 7 day advanced notice and get a ticket for $800 - $900

Timeline

:thumbs: Kevin that makes two of us, when I'm spending my money (especially boatloads of cash), a little gratitude is all I ask.

Well if she is going to be YOUR Wife.. it is NOT just YOUR Money anymore. It seems many American men act more like they are purchasing a bride and that Filipina should be grateful to be marring an American. I notice this much more on Philippines post than any other on here. Once you marry her she will have all the rights of an American wife. That means after day one she can divorce you and take half of YOUR Money.

I think it is a bad attitude to think your fiancée should be grateful to you. 99% of the time it is an Ameican man marring a very beautiful, younger Filipina. When you know you could not get the same age and beauty of American female unless you Spend a LOT more Money Spoiling her. So I think the American men should be as much or More Grateful that this woman is willing to marry you and spend your life with her.

Stop thinking about your money and thinking of her as a purchase. If you can’t afford it just be honest and said you can’t afford it and stop thinking she needs to ASK and Be Grateful. Just a bad attitude that will end in divorce in my opinion.

Timeline

wait do not buy ticket tell everything is done. airlines strikes plus anything can happen tell visa is in hand. Delta airlines is having some great tickets for sale last two months. they lowered their ticket from manila to us 140 dollars. u can fly manila to japan to detriot or atlanta for 900 dollar. Plus since its total ticket booked thru delta your luggue allowance is two 23 kilo plus two check in. if you buy international then domastic ticket your be paying that extra 25 or 50 dollar per check in.

Timeline

:thumbs: Good advice Theresa. The way you view a layover matters, if you see it as a negative, ten it will be a long layover. If you see it as a positive and explore the shops and restaurants, gift shops, it can be fun. As a single traveler, I find food and alcohol then I'm good to go-a happy traveler.

Edited by Jim N Augie

Timeline

I did an 8 hour layover at Narita airport coz it was the cheapest ticket that I can get... but i wasn't dreading the 8 hour, i was actually looking forward to it, I know Narita airport is a good layover and there are a lot of things to do there. I spent my layover looking around the shops and even buying a couple of souvenirs, and when i got tired of that, i took out my laptop and watch some DVD movies.

Although I do understand the OP's situation of having a kid with her... I suggest bring some toys, if you have a laptop, bring DVD's that your kid like so that your kid can watch while waiting... Also looked online what are the facilities that the layover airport has to offer so that you can plan some things to do... Most airports nowadays, especially international ones are like malls... you will be surprise of how much you can do.

Patience... patience... patience... and understanding. Goodluck and hope you have a good trip!

Yep !! narita is nice thats my normal route lots of interesting people. I could spend 9 hours there having coffee and talking :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.