ascxvz

booking flights

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

There is a LOT of very good advice here. Please listen to it. You do not know what the future holds so buying and planning anything until your visa is in your hands is just plain silly.

You may not understand the expenses that both of you will face after you arrive. It's not just government fees like AOS, but clothes, a higher budget for food and entertainment, and the list can go on and on.

My now wife did not get on a plane until 2 months after she got her visa. And we got married almost 90 days later. What is the rush? She had to travel 7 hours by train, then wait almost 12 hours in a strange airport before taking a 10 hour flight. If you can get angry over an additional 9 hours, what will you feel when there is a REAL problem. Please get over it. ( FYI.if you lived here and needed to get home asap, say an emergency, but the only flights would take an extra 9 hours, but left that day, would you go or wait a few days to get a better flight?)Try to come to a compromise. Maybe select flights after the holidays when they are less expensive. There are always options.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well if she is going to be YOUR Wife.. it is NOT just YOUR Money anymore. It seems many American men act more like they are purchasing a bride and that Filipina should be grateful to be marring an American. I notice this much more on Philippines post than any other on here. Once you marry her she will have all the rights of an American wife. That means after day one she can divorce you and take half of YOUR Money.

I think it is a bad attitude to think your fiancée should be grateful to you. 99% of the time it is an Ameican man marring a very beautiful, younger Filipina. When you know you could not get the same age and beauty of American female unless you Spend a LOT more Money Spoiling her. So I think the American men should be as much or More Grateful that this woman is willing to marry you and spend your life with her.

Stop thinking about your money and thinking of her as a purchase. If you can’t afford it just be honest and said you can’t afford it and stop thinking she needs to ASK and Be Grateful. Just a bad attitude that will end in divorce in my opinion.

Totally disagree - she should be grateful that he's paying for her flights, travel isn't always a pleasurable experience but what the hell is 9 hours for a life time with your other half. It took me 3 flights to get to my fiance and I would have done any number of flights or time to get here. Like people have pointed out, you are going to have so much more to pay for, wedding, AOS, not to mention the fact that your husbands income will now have to stretch to two more mouths, just suck it up and be an adult and do what's best for you as a family which is saving where ever you can!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Well if she is going to be YOUR Wife.. it is NOT just YOUR Money anymore. It seems many American men act more like they are purchasing a bride and that Filipina should be grateful to be marring an American. I notice this much more on Philippines post than any other on here. Once you marry her she will have all the rights of an American wife. That means after day one she can divorce you and take half of YOUR Money.

I think it is a bad attitude to think your fiancée should be grateful to you. 99% of the time it is an Ameican man marring a very beautiful, younger Filipina. When you know you could not get the same age and beauty of American female unless you Spend a LOT more Money Spoiling her. So I think the American men should be as much or More Grateful that this woman is willing to marry you and spend your life with her.

Stop thinking about your money and thinking of her as a purchase. If you can’t afford it just be honest and said you can’t afford it and stop thinking she needs to ASK and Be Grateful. Just a bad attitude that will end in divorce in my opinion.

You should be grateful and appreciate anything that anyone gives you...ever!

Of course money is shared, as are bills and responsibilities and sacrifices. Marriage is an equal partnership, you should not suppose that beauty and youth are bargained for monetary gifts. Perhaps that something you have seen in your experience, but it is not what marriage is supposed to be and certainly nothing to aspire to.

Edited by Helen Louise Pile

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Totally disagree - she should be grateful that he's paying for her flights, travel isn't always a pleasurable experience but what the hell is 9 hours for a life time with your other half. It took me 3 flights to get to my fiance and I would have done any number of flights or time to get here. Like people have pointed out, you are going to have so much more to pay for, wedding, AOS, not to mention the fact that your husbands income will now have to stretch to two more mouths, just suck it up and be an adult and do what's best for you as a family which is saving where ever you can!!!!!!

:thumbs: Yep it's not just the ticket cost by the time you get to this point of the journey you have spent a small fortune. Lol I'd expect same team effort from american wife or any wife period. maybe not for 100$ But for half cost I would take that layover myself

Timeline

That means after day one she can divorce you and take half of YOUR Money.

Not true.

Pre-nup. Done. 'nuff said.

Edited by mapletree

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Stop thinking about your money and thinking of her as a purchase. If you can't afford it just be honest and said you can't afford it and stop thinking she needs to ASK and Be Grateful. Just a bad attitude that will end in divorce in my opinion.

"a little grattitude is all I ask." I see nothing wrong with a little gratitude, other than I misspelled it here.

Not only did you miss the point entirely, you took my comment totally out of context and went in a direction not relevant to anything being discussed here. Your entire comment sounds as if you're kissing-up to Filipinas and trying to score some brownie points along the way.

Until the "I do" is uttered from my lips during a marriage ceremony and a ring is placed on a woman's finger, it is my money, every penny of it. Legally it becomes ours (our money) after said ceremony. Before then, I'm more than willing to share my money, within reason and anything else I have out of love, care, concern and the plain ole "it's the right thing to do" for my future wife.

It really escapes me why you feel "it is a bad attitude to think your fiancee should be grateful to you." Really! You either don't know what a "bad attitude" is or you don't know what it means to be "grateful." I would not expect for my boots to be licked or for ####### to be kissed for spending money I would gladly spend to get my fiancee to the U.S.A., but I wouldn't expect to have a show of anger at not wanting to spend twice the cost for airfare either.

If you're willing to put up with an ungrateful woman (assuming you're a guy) and any other negatives that'll surely be a part of that package, that's your business, but don't lecture me if I'd like a show of gratitude...in the form a simple 'thank you.'

Read again and comprehend my comment, nowhere is money and a fiancee equated "as a purchase." How on earth did you come up that! You know nothing about my finances and to speculate about what I can or can't afford is rather presumptuous.

In my state, if I was to get a divorce after one day of marriage, a Pinay would be entitled to "take" the same as an American woman... nothing! Not half, nor one penny of my money, you're misinformed.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

In my state, if I was to get a divorce after one day of marriage, a Pinay would be entitled to "take" the same as an American woman... nothing! Not half, nor one penny of my money, you're misinformed.

In most states actually, if not all.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.