Gary and Alla

language for documents

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Dasha went to her interview. They asked her two questions. What is the purpose of your vist? and Have you ever had a foreign visa before? They did not look at her documents.

Denied.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Dasha went to her interview. They asked her two questions. What is the purpose of your vist? and Have you ever had a foreign visa before? They did not look at her documents.

Denied.

I'm sorry for Dasha. It is still hard to get a visa if you're a young single woman, but hopefully, she'll visit the States some time later.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Denied.

To clarify, was the answer to the second question, "no"? The more visa stories I hear, that is one of the major constants. If you have had a foreign visa, getting a US visa becomes much easier.

Sorry about the result.

Denied.

No surprise, really. She's coming to the US with her green card-holding boyfriend for no other reason than "to visit."

Not trying to be disrespectful, but if there was ever a good reason to deny someone, this would be it. I'm sure it broke Alla's heart!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

That sucks!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Timeline

To clarify, was the answer to the second question, "no"? The more visa stories I hear, that is one of the major constants. If you have had a foreign visa, getting a US visa becomes much easier.

Sorry about the result.

Correct, the answer was "no". She has never had a foreign visa and was denied for a US visitor visa two years ago. (before she was Sergey's girlfriend)

Maybe she can try for a Shengen visa and visit Germany or something. Oh well, I am very dissapointed I woul dhave had fun with them. Alla has softened her attitude a bit since Dasha just bought a nice car with money she saved, PLUS still has a few thousand $$$ in the bank so she is thinking maybe she is "more clever than I gave her credit for" (um, she also has a paid scholarship to MIPT :whistle: )

I also fear it will dampen Sergey's visit but I hope not, it is for 3 weeks, they will live. I was rally looking forward to taking her shooting and skiing and even had a couple snowmobiles lined up we could use for an afternoon. :(

Gary And Alla

Timeline

No surprise, really. She's coming to the US with her green card-holding boyfriend for no other reason than "to visit."

Not trying to be disrespectful, but if there was ever a good reason to deny someone, this would be it. I'm sure it broke Alla's heart!

But anyone that looked at her documents would disagree Slim. She has a paid scholarship to one of the top universities in the world, a decent paying job working as a tutor for the school, she JUST bought a new car, cash, 2 weeks ago and had proof of that AND her boyfriend is going to school there also. Why would she buy a car and then leave the country when she had the cash?

She would have to be a complete fool to run away from that and immigrate illegally at this time. I know they eventaully wish to be married and Sergey will bring her on a K-1 or CR-1 but they have no plans for that until he is a citizen and finishes his PhD. They are being very mature and thoughtful about all this and I wish people, including Alla, would give them more credit. They are not stupid doe-eyed children so much in love they can't STAND IT (like about 2/3 of the posts you see in the k-1 forum, gag me with a spoon!)

And another thing dammit.... I really get tired of hearing the whining from VWP fiancees about how hard it is to be apart when they can visit anytime they want AND our wonderful families are treated like reptiles because they are from R, U, or B. Especially Canadians, Jeezum Crow! I go to Canada for LUNCH to get a smoked meat sandwich! Big Effin' Deal! And they whine that "Oh woe is me, I cannot stand to be away from my love" Then stand up from your @ss and go visit! They don't even stamp the passport!

end of rant. :blush:

Gary And Alla

But anyone that looked at her documents would disagree Slim. She has a paid scholarship to one of the top universities in the world, a decent paying job working as a tutor for the school, she JUST bought a new car, cash, 2 weeks ago and had proof of that AND her boyfriend is going to school there also. Why would she buy a car and then leave the country when she had the cash?

She would have to be a complete fool to run away from that and immigrate illegally at this time. I know they eventaully wish to be married and Sergey will bring her on a K-1 or CR-1 but they have no plans for that until he is a citizen and finishes his PhD. They are being very mature and thoughtful about all this and I wish people, including Alla, would give them more credit. They are not stupid doe-eyed children so much in love they can't STAND IT (like about 2/3 of the posts you see in the k-1 forum, gag me with a spoon!)

And another thing dammit.... I really get tired of hearing the whining from VWP fiancees about how hard it is to be apart when they can visit anytime they want AND our wonderful families are treated like reptiles because they are from R, U, or B. Especially Canadians, Jeezum Crow! I go to Canada for LUNCH to get a smoked meat sandwich! Big Effin' Deal! And they whine that "Oh woe is me, I cannot stand to be away from my love" Then stand up from your @ss and go visit! They don't even stamp the passport!

end of rant. :blush:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

We are hoping to have Oksana's mother visit us next fall and I fear the dissapointment that Oksana and Lera will have if Babushka is not able to come. I don't think that some of these VWP families appreciate the true difficulties for a non-VWP Family.

Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

We are hoping to have Oksana's mother visit us next fall and I fear the dissapointment that Oksana and Lera will have if Babushka is not able to come. I don't think that some of these VWP families appreciate the true difficulties for a non-VWP Family.

I have heard visitor visas are easier for older women. Who knows? If they do not even look at your documents what difference does it make? Good luck

Gary And Alla

I have heard visitor visas are easier for older women. Who knows? If they do not even look at your documents what difference does it make? Good luck

Maybe, but we have all heard the stories of the many attempts to get a Mother and/or Father visa approved. It would be good if there was a different type of visitor visa for immediate family members. Something along the lines of the VWP where they are considered innocent until they break the rules.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They do look at ds-160 though... And the infotmation about age and marital status is on there. I believe it is easier for parents to obtain a visa. My parents didn't have any problem with it.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

They do look at ds-160 though... And the infotmation about age and marital status is on there. I believe it is easier for parents to obtain a visa. My parents didn't have any problem with it.

Seems to be the case. My MIL has not tried and I doubt she will try for a visitor visa however Alla has more or less TOLD her we will be filing for an IR-5 for her in a few months when Alla is a citizen. Her health is not the best and she is probably getting to the age when she should not be alone. Looks like the room above the garage will be the "MIL apartment".

Gary And Alla

But anyone that looked at her documents would disagree Slim.

Coming to the US with a green card-holding boyfriend, no matter what the "other" circumstances are is an open invitation to stay in the US indefinitely.

She can have a million things going for her back home but at the end of the day, she's a young woman in love with a man who has legal authority to stay. If they stand under the mistle toe and decide, "this is it" then she never has to go back home. The embassy is supposed to cut down on situations like that.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Coming to the US with a green card-holding boyfriend, no matter what the "other" circumstances are is an open invitation to stay in the US indefinitely.

She can have a million things going for her back home but at the end of the day, she's a young woman in love with a man who has legal authority to stay. If they stand under the mistle toe and decide, "this is it" then she never has to go back home. The embassy is supposed to cut down on situations like that.

A green card holding boyfriend with a scholarship to the same school she attends in Russia. It is pretty clear HE is there by CHOICE. She also had those documents, but obviously they do not look at such things or make decisions based on facts and that is troublesome

They have a pretty good attitude "Oh well, we tried our best" and it is really nothing to me, we will still do things with Sergey and Pasha during that time, no big deal. I am just not pleased the way our country treats people based on...nothing really.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

I am just not pleased the way our country treats people based on...nothing really.

You have to keep in mind the way our government works.

If someone grants her a visa and she decides to stay.... that person is accountable. Easier to say no than to stand by a decision.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.