Junola

I made a huge mistake on my fiancee G325

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

She does speak french fluently if they don't want me to translate that's fine they can provide their own translator if they want to. Thank you all for your responses I just hope she doesn't get picky CO during her interview. You know they can always find a reason to deny someone.

We gonna bring the corrected forms just in case they ask for them.

French is fine then :) Bring corrected forms and GIVE them to them. Reason? She's gunna have to do another G-325A when it comes time to AOS once she's in the US.. So are you gunna do it the same as the "wrong" one, or correct it then? Bearing in mind they'd have the WRONG one on file still. Best for you to fix it now rather than worrying about what to do later.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She does speak french fluently if they don't want me to translate that's fine they can provide their own translator if they want to. Thank you all for your responses I just hope she doesn't get picky CO during her interview. You know they can always find a reason to deny someone.

We gonna bring the corrected forms just in case they ask for them.

Well - she will be at a US consulate whose national language is English - I cannot speak to the rules about translators, perhaps someone else here has had experience - I would imagine you'd want to warn them ahead of time, I don't know.

Not trying to be nasty, just in case it's an issue would be good to be prepared. Hopefully someone can somment from personal experience.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is she definitely gonna do the interview in French then? Does anyone know? Can I go to the interview window with her? Or I have to wait in the waiting area?

Fiances are allowed in (actually there was another thread here today about that)and it's very common. Whther they allow you to translate is another thing. Hoping one of the other folks here will comment about the translator. The folks working at the consulate are American if I'm not mistaken so expecting to translate or expecting them to be able to speak French isn't realistic. You may wish to contact them and ask.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

• 3 years later...

Hi I have a similar question, I accidentally put my fiancee's place of birth down wrong in the 325A but my 129f is approved. can i change it on the DS160 and everything is okay? and also do as you guys said and bring a copy of the updated 325A to the interview? thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.