HeatDeath

I-751 November 2011 Filers

1,161 posts in this topic

I have also been informed that once a case worker starts to handle a case, that they are the only ones to handle it from that point forward regardless if they go on vacation, sick or medical leave and that it might be the reason for the delay. We might all have the same unreliable person handling all of our cases and that they are just sitting there gathering dust on being buried under newer fresher cases and files.

Its all a joke. I wish i would just get something.. a approved or denied letter would be fine.

I can apply for citizenship in 4 weeks.. I think money would be better spent on a flight home tho.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I think this is a joke too!!! They're worry about the illegals, process the deffered action cases first!

My huúband is lucky to have it approved, but I saw our VJ members, wheter CSC or VSC, are not getting any where at all!!!

For those who received their cards, do you have to sign for the mail or they just drop it in your mailbox?

Your new Green Card will be delivered by regular USPS and dropped in your mailbox with no signing required and for anyone to take if you don't have a lock or get your mail right away. They ask us to send our documents return reciept requested and insured to make us spend more and then take the cheap unreliable route to give the card. Assbackwards IMOP.

Edited by pigbelk

has anyone done the n400 before receiving the greencard?

I'm not sure if that's even possible. I am sure you can get everything in order and ready but actually submitting it all might not be well advised until you actually recieve the new 10 year Green Card in case they need a copy of it or if the number changes or something to that effect. Just sayin.... But I definitely hear where your coming from and getting the ball rolling as soon as possible seeing what we have had to go through to this point without even recieving a yes/ no or otherwise.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

has anyone done the n400 before receiving the greencard?

I know at least 1 member (June 2011 CSC filler) did...

VJName...............Date of I-751......NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved

STEVE D..............06/13/11...........06/27/11.......07/??/11........NEVER ...(RFE received July, responded Sept, "Relocated" notice received Oct, N-400 interview passed 7/18/12)

All it says is 90 days before your 3rd legal year in the country. As my greencard ran out and im on a years extension i will have legally been in the country 2y 9m in a few weeks so then would be able to apply for citizenship via the n400.

it says there is a 5 month wait. So id expect to be a citizen around spring 2042 as id be filing with vermont.

It's now reached the point where I don't even remotely expect to actually find a letter from uscis in my letter box

lol i used to check like 3 - 4 times a day.. now i check maybe twice a week. Nothing week in week out. 11 months..

where in uk u from?

Edited by Boklic

lol i used to check like 3 - 4 times a day.. now i check maybe twice a week. Nothing week in week out. 11 months..

where in uk u from?

South coast, you?

Has anyone had an attorney get involved when things have taken this long? I've heard people have contacted their congressman?

South coast, you?

Has anyone had an attorney get involved when things have taken this long? I've heard people have contacted their congressman?

up north.. ive heard of people contacting them but never really heard about them doing anything.. Would you? suppose you were back home and some bosnian contacted you about there visa..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.