Luisfer y Lupi

Approved! Now, one-way or round trip?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi!

My fiancee's visa has been approved, we're just waiting to get the passport with the visa. But we don't know if we should get her a one way ticket or a round trip one for her to come into the US, because round trips are (obviously) almost twice as expensive as the one way ones and we are very short on money. I would think she could use a one way because the idea of a fiancee visa is to get married and apply for residency, but since it is a "nonimmigrant" visa, there might be a problem when she gets to customs, right?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks, and good luck to you all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi!

My fiancee's visa has been approved, we're just waiting to get the passport with the visa. But we don't know if we should get her a one way ticket or a round trip one for her to come into the US, because round trips are (obviously) almost twice as expensive as the one way ones and we are very short on money. I would think she could use a one way because the idea of a fiancee visa is to get married and apply for residency, but since it is a "nonimmigrant" visa, there might be a problem when she gets to customs, right?

Can anyone help me out?

Whichever one is cheaper and better for you. Actually when getting a round trip, it is best to cancel the return ticket so USCIS knows the beneficiary did not leave the country. With a one-way, no worries about that.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congrats on the approval and you can buy whichever one is cheaper good luck :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Traveling with a round trip fare will not cause you any problems at the POE.

Congratulations!

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi!

Can anyone help me out?

Actually every flight we found 1 way was at least 200 more then the round trip. Go figure! We did a round trip and will cancel second leg once he arrives. If you can find a cheap 1 way jump on it. But in the last week we could not find one! THere are great sites out there. DO your comparison shopping and also go directly to the airlines! GOod luck on finding a good price! ANd good luck on her POE!!! Congrats!

Whichsoever is cheaper.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Hi!

Can anyone help me out?

Whichever is cheaper will do.

One tip, if you happen to have frequent flyer miles, several airlines (American is the only one that comes to my mind flying South America) allow 1-way tickets with miles. But, Taca, Frontier (flies to San Jose Costa Rica some periopds of the year), etc would do.

It might be possible to get a low cost flight from Aruba. I got my fiancee ticket with my miles (all the way from Warsaw) and it cost only the taxes.

WOW, congrats

Actually, it doesn´t matter. your fiance can arrive at the POE with the cheapest you can find.

but whatch againg, round trips usually are less expensives than one-trip fares.

good luck in your new life

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

which ever one is cheaper, if round is cheaper buy that one when you arrive in the united states two weeks later you can cancel the return flight,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Have a good Trip!!

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

When you arrive at the POE, they are concerned about your papers and visa, not the type of plane ticket you have. Most people are never asked about this. Go with what ever is less expensive for you. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi!

Can anyone help me out?

A one-way ticket only causes problems for someone with a non-immigrant visa that does not allow for immigrant intent. A K1 specifically allows for immigrant intent. They won't give her any hassle about having a one-way ticket.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

Could you please let us know how it was from the time you received the NOA2 to the time you had the interview and got approval?

We’re hoping to get the NOA2 before the end of the year and would like to know what is ahead of us. Since it was through the CCS embassy, it would be nice to know the details… hoping to be in CCS by the end of January or in February to take care of the interview and other stuff…

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.