17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We are getting our AOS package ready to send and I have a quick question about the medical. I've read on VJ that you can just send your DS-3025 Vaccination record if you have had a medical in the past year but I have also read that you need to fill out the I-693 and have a civil surgeon transfer the information to that form instead. I'm curious what those of you who have gone through this have done and what you would suggest. I plan to call the closest civil surgeon, who is about an hour away, and see what they would suggest and if they have had any problems in the past with this. Also, if we do not go to the civil surgeon, I plan to attach a supplement to the DS-3025 to explain why we didn't include a I-693 (because he has had a medical in the past year and has attached the vaccination record).

Ben's vaccination record has been marked 'Vaccine History Incomplete, Applicant may be eligible for a blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) are not medically appropriate (as Indicated Above). Any advice is welcomed; thanks in advance!

K-1 Journey

2008-09-15 ~ Started dating

2010-05-03 ~ First meeting in person in the U.S.

2010-07-19 ~ Moved to Australia on a Working Holiday visa

2010-11-23 ~ Got engaged!!!

2011-01-04 ~ Sent I-129F forms

2011-01-14 ~ NOA1

2011-06-06 ~ NOA2

2011-06-22 ~ Packet 3 Received

2011-07-13 ~ Packet 3 Sent

2011-08-02 ~ Interview ~ Approved!!!!

2011-08-05 ~ Visa in hand

2011-08-09 ~ POE at LAX

2011-10-15 ~ Wedding!

AOS Journey

2011-11-07 ~ AoS Packet Sent

2011-11-15 ~ RFE Received (Forgot to sign a paper)

2011-11-17 ~ RFE response sent back

2011-11-22 ~ Biometrics appointment

2011-12-13 ~ Transferred to California

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are getting our AOS package ready to send and I have a quick question about the medical. I've read on VJ that you can just send your DS-3025 Vaccination record if you have had a medical in the past year but I have also read that you need to fill out the I-693 and have a civil surgeon transfer the information to that form instead. I'm curious what those of you who have gone through this have done and what you would suggest. I plan to call the closest civil surgeon, who is about an hour away, and see what they would suggest and if they have had any problems in the past with this. Also, if we do not go to the civil surgeon, I plan to attach a supplement to the DS-3025 to explain why we didn't include a I-693 (because he has had a medical in the past year and has attached the vaccination record).

Ben's vaccination record has been marked 'Vaccine History Incomplete, Applicant may be eligible for a blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) are not medically appropriate (as Indicated Above). Any advice is welcomed; thanks in advance!

Nan's vacination records also said that 'Vaccine History Incomplete, Applicant may be eligible for a blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) are not medically appropriate (as Indicated Above). We also AOS from K-1. We only sent copies of the vacination records, we didn't send the I-693. We didn't have any problems.

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

I went through the same thing. To cut a long story short, the jury is still out as to whether you need the I-693 filled out by a CS if you have a DS-3025 .

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/101202-faqs-forms-i-693-and-ds-3025/

as well as endless numbers of questions to the AOS forum.

Many will argue one way or another (yes you need to see a CS for the vaccination transcription ONLY, no you don't as you have a blanket waiver)

Personally I went ahead and got it done. I found a CS that did it for a very good price ($30). I didn't want to take the risk of getting an RFE and slowing the process. However others have gone ahead without seeing a CS and been fine.

What were the categories ticked for the reasons why the vaccination was incomplete?

Edited by Lainie B

God damnit, I was gonna ask the same damn thing lol We are not married yet, but I was trying to figure out AOS in advance, so we wouldn`t have problems in the future to send it. So, I guess it's mostly up to you to take the risk of sending the pre-interview medical sheet and vaccination records only or not? Either way, I guess I'll call a Civil Surgeon and see what's needed.

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As Lanie said there has been much conversation on this but I like her did not want to risk it so I got my DS-3025 supplement transcribed over to the I-693 vaccination part only , Part 1,2 and 5. My CS here cost $50 and I had to have a flu shot as it is this time of the year. My 3025 also said incomplete so it is up to you really.

Even though I did it USCIS still lost my medical and tried to get me to have the syphilis and TB test again but I was able to find my results in my x ray envelope and they were fine with that.Just make a few copies of your 3025 in case as well. and if you have a copy of your medical or can get one its a good idea as well.

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Absolutely agree with Barbara - if you don't have a copy of your complete medical try to get one. I was lucky in that I read somewhere this was a good idea and I asked for a copy of it when I had my visa interview. For one thing it will be helpful if you do decide to go to a CS to show them you've had the complete medical already and don't require anything other than the vaccination transcription (it helped me a lot). A lot of CS's will insist you need further tests because you can't show them it was all done before if you don't have a full copy of the medical. As Barbara said another reason is that USCIS might lose the medical results - they were in your package you gave in at your POE, but then they need to find their way to your AOS application package and it doesn't always happen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

well all i did was send in the DS-3025 vaccination record i got done at the medical.... i read somewhere if you have done the medical within a year you dont need to do the I-693.. so hopefully they dont lose my information... if they do ill email the medical place in brissie and see if i can get a copy of what they needed...

event.png

Timeline

well all i did was send in the DS-3025 vaccination record i got done at the medical.... i read somewhere if you have done the medical within a year you dont need to do the I-693.. so hopefully they dont lose my information... if they do ill email the medical place in brissie and see if i can get a copy of what they needed...

Yeah my medical was within the 1 year too Dave but they have a habit of losing medicals.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Mmmmmm, i'm hoping to hell that they haven't lost my medical because i'm only sending in the Ds-3025 too. Keep us updated with how you get on with that Dave, i'm filing in the next month or so i'll be interested to hear how you guys go with that

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm also sending only the copy of my DS-3025 form as my med exam was done only 3.5 months ago. My friend did the same thing and she was just fine, she didnt need to get it transcribed by SC. So I hope we, guys, will be fine too. Keep us posted with your progress. Good luck!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife and stepson did not receive a DS-3025 at their medical exam in Moscow in June of this year. All they got was the sealed package that they gave to the (apparently extremely rude) immigration officer in Houston. I have their vaccination records, translated. I called a local civil surgeon this morning, and she told me to take the vaccination records to the local health department for verification, and then call for an appointment. She told me that they would both have to have a complete physical again. I told her it was not required because they had it in Moscow, but she told me "Sorry, that's just the way it is". I don't know whether to just pay the bribe and move on, or what.

Was my wife supposed to receive a DS-3025 when they got the exams in Moscow?

Do we fill that out, or the civil surgeon?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Was my wife supposed to receive a DS-3025 when they got the exams in Moscow?

They asked me before I paid for my medical whether I wanted DS-3025 or not. I said that i wanted one, so I had to pay $20 extra for it. The Embassy doesn't care about vaccinations, that's why they're not giving it to everybody, you need to tell them that you need this form.

We went ahead and just sent DS-3025. Me and hubby decided that if we receive RFE, we'll go to a CS, but we're not going until we have to.

Edited by ONA

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

They asked me before I paid for my medical whether I wanted DS-3025 or not. I said that i wanted one, so I had to pay $20 extra for it. The Embassy doesn't care about vaccinations, that's why they're not giving it to everybody, you need to tell them that you need this form.

We went ahead and just sent DS-3025. Me and hubby decided that if we receive RFE, we'll go to a CS, but we're not going until we have to.

That's bull. It says on the bottom of the form "give a copy to the beneficiary" or words to that effect. Dodgy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's bull. It says on the bottom of the form "give a copy to the beneficiary" or words to that effect. Dodgy.

A copy of what? If you don't tell them, that you want your vaccination records to be done, they won't even look at your vaccinations in the first place - because they are not required for K-1 visa (they are required for AOS, but not for the visa). There just won't be DS-3025 at all.

I did my medical in Moscow and that's the way it works there.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks, Ona, we're getting a clearer picture now. I contacted another Civil Surgeon in Pensacola, FL, and the nice lady there told me all that I needed to know, including when was the best time to just show up at the Doctor's office. We will only have to complete the vaccination section forms, show them our documentation, and the Doctor will sign it. No charge.

How cool is that? Quite a different response than from the beaurocrat I spoke with in Panama City.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.