Gary and Alla

Here we go!

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Directly from the embassy's website -

That the purpose of your trip to the United States is for a temporary visit, such as business, pleasure, or medical treatment

That you plan to remain in the United States for a specific, limited period of time

Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in the United States

That you have a residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure your return abroad at the end of your visit

There is no such thing as an invitation.

My sister-in-law, also 33, got her B visa a few years ago (before they handed them out like candy) by answering questions in a manner similar to what I've described. Her visit was to see her sister and visit the US for a specific amount of time before returning home to school and family.

In other words, a valid reason to visit and a good reason to go home. Exactly what I've suggested.

The level of enthusiasm shown to a CO has absolutely nothing to do with the visa issuance. Anyone who's spent time around Russians ought to know enthusiasm is not a common trait, especially one shared with strangers. I would imagine COs are trained to look upon enthusiasm with suspicion as opposed to optimism. Russians shouldn't be excited to visit the US. Everyone knows Russia is so much better than America anyway!

I was warned, seriously, when dealing with the Ukrainians/Russians never to show enthusiasm for a an idea/change order/design change, etc., as "they will deny you just to show you they can" :lol:

Of course she will be dealing with Americans at the consulate.

Invitations are definitely NOT required, I knew that. However our invitation is to be used as evidence to show she has a place to stay while here, as source of support, so to speak. She does have funds in the bank of about $6500 which she can show. Our invitation states she is welcome to stay in our home with our son during their visit at the time of their school holiday from (Date) to (date)

I think we pretty well have covered the "limited time" as she is showing an approved vacation request from her job during that time, a school calendar showing the time off, her student ID, her documents showing she has a paid scholarship and her current permanent residence with her parents.

I will be sure we hit all those points in what she presents.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

My ex's nephew, 26, born in the U.S., a student of JFK School of Government said that nothing shocked him so deeply during his substantive internship at the Moscow consulate last summer, but lack of interest & curiosity in people faces, who were interviewing for visitor visas.

This does not surpirse me at all. I have a friend that has worked in consulates overseas for decades, he should be retiring soon. He is currently in the embassy in Bucharest. He was traveling with me when I met Alla (Alla does not like him, says he talks too much and is not a warm fuzzy bear like me :lol: ) They are deadly efficient in such things and have no emotion. Seriously, they handle hundreds of thousands of visa applications every year, it cannot be anything BUT a production process. He says her scholarship and education process is pretty good evidence she will return and that providing that is very crucial.

We also have friends with USCIS and just this week another of Alla's friends got a job there as an adjudicator and will start next week after nearly a year in the hiring process! :o Alla has considered it but the process is so long and the pay is not impressive at all, she wonders why she should do all that for so little pay. I told her, "job security, benefits and retirement" that is the main thing they offer and those are pretty good cards to have in your hand in this area.

At any rate, they simply do not care about any BS, they go down the list and check off if you have what is required and that is it. Maybe it is the same with visas, it should be. I know it was for the K-1 in Kiev. The guy literally checked off the list in front of us. I smile when people here seem to worry if they should send 400 photos of their fiancee or if 350 will do, for an I-129f petition, or how long their "love story" should be. :lol: They DON'T CARE!

Maybe the secret is just hitting the points to the TEE, spot on. Maybe so many get rejected because they cannot follow directions? I mean if you do not follow instructions for the K-1 you get a 221g. There is no 221g for a visitor visa.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

My wife tried the visitors visa route back in 07.

Seemed like about 1 out of 6 people coming out of the embassy were either balling their eyes out or holding back tears. whistling.gif

It was jam packed and a very interesting scene (Mexico City).

We had a bank statement in her name showing roughly $3000 over 3 months

An invitation letter from my family - we all signed with color photo copies of our state drivers licenses and signatures and dates underneath.

Paperwork of her being in school.

Paperwork of her employment.

Paperwork of her owning land in Mexico.

Copies of IDs of her mom/dad showing her family ties are in Mexico.

DEEEENIED!

My complete guess without knowing a thing about the embassies in Russia is that she'll be approved.

The money in the Russian bank looks good.

But most important, and what I think makes her case approved, is that she has a scholarship to a prestigious university in Russia. I'd imagine she can show updated transcripts and proof that she is enrolled for the winter semester just in case they question here.

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

My wife tried the visitors visa route back in 07.

Seemed like about 1 out of 6 people coming out of the embassy were either balling their eyes out or holding back tears. whistling.gif

It was jam packed and a very interesting scene (Mexico City).

We had a bank statement in her name showing roughly $3000 over 3 months

An invitation letter from my family - we all signed with color photo copies of our state drivers licenses and signatures and dates underneath.

Paperwork of her being in school.

Paperwork of her employment.

Paperwork of her owning land in Mexico.

Copies of IDs of her mom/dad showing her family ties are in Mexico.

DEEEENIED!

My complete guess without knowing a thing about the embassies in Russia is that she'll be approved.

The money in the Russian bank looks good.

But most important, and what I think makes her case approved, is that she has a scholarship to a prestigious university in Russia. I'd imagine she can show updated transcripts and proof that she is enrolled for the winter semester just in case they question here.

Yes, she has these documents. She is also a tutor for the school and has a document showing has this time off from her job as a tutor

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I think that it's better to have your visa denied than to be caught on lies by the CO.

I've heard at least about one case when a K-1 applicant was denied, because when the lady was applying for a visitor visa, she said she was going to see her friend, not boyfriend, but a friend. Guess which CO interviewed her for K-1 visa later? The same one! And for some unbelievable reason the CO remembered her and one of the questions was "Why did you lie that he was your friend?"

That's interesting! Question: Did the lady overstay her visit to the US? I thought that if she DIDN'T overstay, it wouldn't matter. Thanks in advance for your response.

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Timeline

The level of enthusiasm shown to a CO has absolutely nothing to do with the visa issuance. Anyone who's spent time around Russians ought to know enthusiasm is not a common trait, especially one shared with strangers. I would imagine COs are trained to look upon enthusiasm with suspicion as opposed to optimism. Russians shouldn't be excited to visit the US. Everyone knows Russia is so much better than America anyway!

I know what you and Gary mean. When showing me enthusiasm, I'm a big sabotagelaughing.gif

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Timeline

Alla has considered it but the process is so long and the pay is not impressive at all, she wonders why she should do all that for so little pay. I told her, "job security, benefits and retirement"

She should consider. Isn't it a long-term contract? speaking about job security..

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Timeline

She should consider. Isn't it a long-term contract? speaking about job security..

She may. She is actually looking into several government jobs which would become available to her (she would be eligible for) when she is a citizen, I hope in the spring. USCIS is a big local employer but most of the jobs are fairly low paying.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.