Gary and Alla

Here we go!

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I agree with what sachinky said, but you did mention about the Masters studies, so hopefully THAT helps. It might help if she didn't mention any boyfriend, BUT that isn't a good idea on the whole.

All the best!

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I hope her visa would been approved. I was going to visit my bf at that time (my fiance now) and I brought many documents, including letter from my employer that I would back for work commitment, bank accounts, credit cards billing statements, my insurance. I just did not bring invitation letter from my boyfriend. ( I think I already wrote about this many times on VJ :crying:)

When The CO lady asked me with whom I will stay during vacation I said my boyfriend and she starred at me and said," sorry we are really strict about issuing visa.". Oops, don't tell CO that she wants to visit her boyfriend because maybe they would think she'll going to marry her bf, doing AOS, and etc..etc. Even I showed her that I work at reputable company in my country and I would not just giving away my job without any logical reason, she still pending my visa and put note that I need to apply K-1 visa. :angry:

I am sure some people from outside the RUB forum do not understand. Her "boyfriend" is our son, Sergey. Sergey and Dasha attend the same school in Moscow. She does not need a visa to see her boyfriend, she sees him every day in Moscow. Sergey is coming home for the winter break and she would like to come with him. We have met her in Russia and she has been to our home in Donetsk, Ukraine. Now she wants to come here for a vacation and go skiing.

She is not coming to the USA by herself to "see her boyfriend" she is coming to visit the home and parents of her boyfriend.

We believe that the fact that her boyfriend is going with her AND has a reason to return just as she does, would be in her favor.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I agree with what sachinky said, but you did mention about the Masters studies, so hopefully THAT helps. It might help if she didn't mention any boyfriend, BUT that isn't a good idea on the whole.

All the best!

I surrender! :whistle:

1. Her boyfriend is our son

2. Our son is a non-conditional LPR

3. Our son attends school WITH her in Moscow

4. He has as much reason to return as her, so her traveling companion, her boyfriend, our son, has a compelling reason to return. They BOTH have fully paid scholarships at MIPT

5. Our son will be returning

6. Our son does not need a visa, he has a green card

7. Who would she saty with when her boyfriend goes back to Moscow?

It is our intent for her to show this when she interviews as further evidence she will return.

Let me be more specific.

She does not have a job to speak of, she works only part time at a "small job" so no work related ties to bring her back. Her parents are "well off", not wealthy but certainly not poor. I do not know if she should bring anything from them or if it would help. She is 21 years old, so I do not know if they would consider parents as a reason to return??????

the best we can come up with is her school history (straight A's) a full scholarship for a Masters and the fact that her boyfriend attends school in Russia so there is no reason to defraud them for a visa to see her boyfriend.

She has an invitation letter from us inviting her to visit with our son and documents showing our son is an LPR and a student at the same university she is and that he also has a scholarship

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Sounds good, Gary! *Thumbs up*

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am sure some people from outside the RUB forum do not understand. Her "boyfriend" is our son, Sergey. Sergey and Dasha attend the same school in Moscow. She does not need a visa to see her boyfriend, she sees him every day in Moscow. Sergey is coming home for the winter break and she would like to come with him. We have met her in Russia and she has been to our home in Donetsk, Ukraine. Now she wants to come here for a vacation and go skiing.

She is not coming to the USA by herself to "see her boyfriend" she is coming to visit the home and parents of her boyfriend.

We believe that the fact that her boyfriend is going with her AND has a reason to return just as she does, would be in her favor.

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. I must have missed that in the opening post.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Here is what I asked my step daughter to prepare for the interview in Kiev. We also hope she'll visit us this winter.

Invitation for 14 days , from mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy.

Letter from a college that states duration of the winter break, mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy, in synch with the invitation.

Evidence that she will promote higher education opportunities by visiting and pitching the college to 9 local high schools. Letters from schools that events are scheduled on March-April, 2012.

Evidence that she will represent the college at various promotional events as 1 of 3 students on a student panel for the counselor luncheon, attending by 55 high school counselors.

Her college sports & activities. Some competitions and tournaments scheduled on March, 2012.

Enrollment for master’s program.

Part-time job.

Tutoring high school students on ZNO prep. Letters from parents.

Ownership of property.

Notice to the on-campus dorms she'll be leaving for 14 days.

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Timeline

Here is what I asked my step daughter to prepare for the interview in Kiev. We also hope she'll visit us this winter.

Invitation for 14 days , from mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy.

Letter from a college that states duration of the winter break, mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy, in synch with the invitation.

Evidence that she will promote higher education opportunities by visiting and pitching the college to 9 local high schools. Letters from schools that events are scheduled on March-April, 2012.

Evidence that she will represent the college at various promotional events as 1 of 3 students on a student panel for the counselor luncheon, attending by 55 high school counselors.

Her college sports & activities. Some competitions and tournaments scheduled on March, 2012.

Enrollment for master’s program.

Part-time job.

Tutoring high school students on ZNO prep. Letters from parents.

Ownership of property.

Notice to the on-campus dorms she'll be leaving for 14 days.

Thanks, some good applicable suggestions are the tutoring information (Dasha des this also) and the notice to the dorm. I will ask her if she can get letters from the parents. she has written permission form her job to be absent those days, has a school calendar to show they are vacation days

Thanks

Gary And Alla

pics

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

pics

Speaking of...

I have been seeing a lot more over the knee and thigh high boots lately! :dance: Are they back in style? VS catalog has a bunch of them

Gary And Alla

Speaking of...

I have been seeing a lot more over the knee and thigh high boots lately! :dance: Are they back in style? VS catalog has a bunch of them

For real men who appreciate a sexy dressed woman...they never went out of style. Throw in mini skirts, hot pants, and crotch less panties...oh and tube tops. Garter belts...I know there's more I just can't think of it atm.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Boots. Only boots.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There's only one thing crazier than TRYING to get a immigration visa...and that's TRYING to get a visitor visa!

My stepson, Alexey, was rejected for a visitor visa BUT was granted an immigration visa! Is that logical? The reason is the USCIS and consulate workers are: A. dumb and B. illogical. If someone looked at the full picture of Alexey's near certain eligibility to immigrate to the US, why not grant a visitor visa? He did his Russian Army deal, his name is on the ownership papers for the flat he lived in...and he had a job.

Still rejected flat out. Not even an explanation or discussion. The time, energy and money that was invested in that tourist visa was a total toilet job. What a waste.

Then, to add insult to injury, I start reading on here that some young single women and a few grandmas were getting tourist visas. "Alice in Wonderland" comes to mind to describe these visa "journeys."

Getting a visitor/tourist visa is like the blackjack table in Vegas. The odds are all in favor of the dealer, but the player may still hit 21...once in awhile.

Good luck.

Definately hoping for the best for Dasha. Also will be watching how this unfolds.

I understand that we are talking about different embassies but we are hoping to get my MIL a visitor visa for next fall. She has her international passport and plans on trips to the Czech Republic as well as to Turkey. She owns her flat and needs to help take care of our 5 yr old niece.

So the more information, the better.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The reason is the USCIS and consulate workers are: A. dumb and B. illogical.

Ummm USCIS and the Embassy (and CBP) are wholly different entities.....they are supposed to follow similar rules and requirements but by definition, they are separate from each other. Just FYI

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Gary & Alla,

I think you are on the right track, but I also think the advice about not coming with "boyfriend" is sound. To the consulate officer, boyfriend means potential husband which to them means skirting around the K-1 visa requirements. Just have her say a friend from school that lives in America invited her to visit his parents during the winter break and go skiing. Make is sound more like a skiing vacation more than anything. Maybe if they think that she's a rich Russian girl being spoiled by her parents and will spend a lot of money in the USA they might let her come. :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.