one...two...tree

Most Millionaires Support Warren Buffetts Tax on the Rich

47 posts in this topic

Regardless, he still plays a part. And can still set an agenda as the leader of his party and make them introduce the bills.

Don't you find it funny that not even his own party listens to him?

I wouldn't call him "leader" of anything.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

... to prevent the severe cuts in government spending and services that will occur otherwise.

That's exactly what we need - severe cuts in government spending and services.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How much do you pay in taxes DFH? What was your bill to the federal government last year?

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

How much do you pay in taxes DFH? What was your bill to the federal government last year?

:lol: Don't be an #######. This isn't a my-#######-is-bigger-than-yours contest. If you've got something of substance to argue about the topic, then do it.

After 2009, my income dropped significantly. In 2008, my gross earnings were close to 80g's and combined with my wife's part-time job, we were a little over 90g's that year. Since then, our combined income fell well below half of that. But really, my personal income has nothing to do with this argument other than me stating unequivocally, I would support reverting back to the tax rates prior to the Bush Tax Cuts, across the board. No one can be taken seriously who talks about deficit reduction without recognizing that the Bush Tax Cuts was the single biggest contributor to our deficit and growing debt.

Edited by DFH

Timeline

Actually it cuts right to the core of the subject. It is not a '####### is bigger' contest...but to point out that you support raising taxes on others. This is a principle I vehemently oppose. It is so easy to put the burden on others.

Let me also say that I am sorry to hear that you have been hurt economically. I too was laid off at the outset of the recession, a month before Christmas, back in '08.

That being said, I find it particularly galling when I see people pointing the tax man at only certain segments of society. We all live here and should all equally share the burden. This principle of equality seems to have gotten lost and has been replaced by the marxist creed 'From each according to their ability, to each according to their need'. This is a noble thought but poor in practice...it creates an incentive to be needy. California is a prime example of this. It had the largest sub economy in the US...now it is a shambles of debt.

This new give-away....the health care abomination...we simply cannot afford this...pure and simple. Rather than solving the problems with health care, it will now create more problems that will 'need' government to 'solve'. Never before in my life did I ever lack for adequate health care...and I have worked in restaurants and convenience stores in my life.

We cannot keep spending money we do not have and expect others to pick up the tab. This is morally equivalent to stealing. Propose raising your own taxes and I may support you...but putting the burden on others...I will not.

event.png

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Steven did say that he would support reverting back to the Pre-Bush tax code accross the board which would mean a fairly significant tax increase even for himself seeing how I believe he supports two children under 17.

For a married couple supporting 2 children under 17 with the income based on what he said, "well below half of 90g", his tax burdon is going to increase about $1250, which means while he has already suffered a major income loss, he would soon be losing another $100 a month if we do what he says he supports. That's a pretty decent hit to his take home pay so its not really fair to say he just supports raising other peoples taxes.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm all for repealing the Bush Tax Cuts across the board. I'm also in favor of having everyone pay federal income taxes and eliminating the EITC, but I would do that by putting heftier taxes on companies who rely heavily on an employee base that remains right around the poverty level because of wages. Lift all boats. That's all that working Americans want - a piece of the pie. You can do that through progressive tax policies.

Timeline

The thing about taxing companies is that it is just a hidden tax on the rest of us. Companies cannot exist without making a profit...when you place a tax on them, this revenue has to come from somewhere...the result is that the price of whatever they produce or service they provide. This cost makes its way all the way to the end of the chain...the consumer. Taxing oil companies results in higher oil prices....taxing textile companies....higher priced clothes...taxing car companies...higher priced cars...

What you are again proposing is targeted tax increases. Progressive taxes are inherently unequal and again you are proposing putting the burden on others.

Making life more difficult for business creates an incentive to business elsewhere....this is jobs are leaving our shores. We are killing the golden goose....or at best chasing it away.

If you are in a job where you feel you are being kept in poverty, what are you doing about it? The idea that was America was you took responsibility for the decisions you make and do something other than scheming how to get others to bear your burden...or worse..give you their money for nothing. The proper thing to do is to figure out how to make more money....start a business, get a degree in field that is in demand...contribute to the economy...not think of how to drain it and harvest it for your own notion of nobility. The truly noble thing to do is to take care of yourself and not expect others to do so for you. Then when you have a surplus...go feed the poor, give healthcare out of your own pocket....not the pockets of others.

As for austerity, do you live beyond your means? When your income dropped....did you continue to spend at your previous levels or more? TSA jobs do not create anything, they are make work. China's economy is flourishing because they produce goods that the world buys. Creating government jobs that inflate the bureaucracy does not help. You pointed out in another thread about the military....money spent there does produce things...bombs, planes, bullets..etc. This is far different than most other things that government spends money on. TSA jobs do not create, they only pay a salary. This money comes from the businesses and people that actually produce things. It is a fallacious argument that try to say that because military spending actually produces something that all government spending does.

You do know that your system really ends up truly punishing the poor and is the main contributor to the increasing wealth divide...there is a reason that China is beginning to flourish, they are trying capitalism.

event.png

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Worked in Ireland.

No, it didn't.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm all for repealing the Bush Tax Cuts across the board. I'm also in favor of having everyone pay federal income taxes and eliminating the EITC, but I would do that by putting heftier taxes on companies who rely heavily on an employee base that remains right around the poverty level because of wages. Lift all boats. That's all that working Americans want - a piece of the pie. You can do that through progressive tax policies.

Ok!

No, it didn't.

How would you know, you're in Korea. :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

:lol: Don't be an #######. This isn't a my-#######-is-bigger-than-yours contest. If you've got something of substance to argue about the topic, then do it.

After 2009, my income dropped significantly. In 2008, my gross earnings were close to 80g's and combined with my wife's part-time job, we were a little over 90g's that year. Since then, our combined income fell well below half of that. But really, my personal income has nothing to do with this argument other than me stating unequivocally, I would support reverting back to the tax rates prior to the Bush Tax Cuts, across the board. No one can be taken seriously who talks about deficit reduction without recognizing that the Bush Tax Cuts was the single biggest contributor to our deficit and growing debt.

The single biggest contributor and the only contributor is spending.star_smile.gif

Class over. star_smile.gif

Timeline

Progressive Tax code= stealing and morally bankrupt.