MelBee

Income proof for US citizen

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hey all! I was hoping someone could help me with this.

On August 14, I sent away the I-129F packet and later received the NOA1. I know once we get the NOA2, it'll be time to send my fiance all the required papers with the I-134 to prove my income and my co sponsors' (as I don't make/own enough on my own). I'm employed as a nanny for a family with three kids, but when I filled out the I-129F, I wasn't. I was working at a daycare center at that time, but I read elsewhere on here that that part isn't an issue since I wasn't lying when I filled it out, I just got a better job after I sent it away. But, as a nanny, I don't pay taxes currently. I've spoken with my employers and they have no problem whatsoever with doing what needs to be done for me and my fiance. But my question is, will I need some sort of proof of taxes for this? Nothing I've read says you have to send copies of tax returns or anything, just a letter from the employer and bank statements showing you have an income, etc. So when I started this job, we all agreed we'd start the whole tax part in 2012, but do I need to start this sooner? (I'm not going to be working the full 40 hours consistently until 2012, only part time until then)

Any advise or links to what I need are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Yes you do need tax returns and the co-sponsor would need to submit it too for previous years.

The one thing you need to make sure that your embassy allows co-sponsoring. Not every embassy allows it.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You will need to do tax return, they should 1099 you and your cosponsors will need their tax returns also.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

you need to post this in the UK forum as you might get completely different answers to those above. London does allow co-sponsors but a lot of people have said that they wont ask you for one even though you dont meat the requirements yourself. they have also said that a letter of employment and recent pay stubs are all that is required

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Make sure you get a copy of your co-sponsor's US passport, or other documentation showing they're a US citizen.

Better to be over-prepared than underprepared, so if it's not too much to get tax transcripts or W2s/1040s from your co-sponsor... try to.

As for you, surely on your paystubs it shows that taxes are coming out, yes?

you need to post this in the UK forum as you might get completely different answers to those above. London does allow co-sponsors but a lot of people have said that they wont ask you for one even though you dont meat the requirements yourself. they have also said that a letter of employment and recent pay stubs are all that is required

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

As for you, surely on your paystubs it shows that taxes are coming out, yes?

lol yeah :bonk:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Hey all! I was hoping someone could help me with this.

On August 14, I sent away the I-129F packet and later received the NOA1. I know once we get the NOA2, it'll be time to send my fiance all the required papers with the I-134 to prove my income and my co sponsors' (as I don't make/own enough on my own). I'm employed as a nanny for a family with three kids, but when I filled out the I-129F, I wasn't. I was working at a daycare center at that time, but I read elsewhere on here that that part isn't an issue since I wasn't lying when I filled it out, I just got a better job after I sent it away. But, as a nanny, I don't pay taxes currently. I've spoken with my employers and they have no problem whatsoever with doing what needs to be done for me and my fiance. But my question is, will I need some sort of proof of taxes for this? Nothing I've read says you have to send copies of tax returns or anything, just a letter from the employer and bank statements showing you have an income, etc. So when I started this job, we all agreed we'd start the whole tax part in 2012, but do I need to start this sooner? (I'm not going to be working the full 40 hours consistently until 2012, only part time until then)

Any advise or links to what I need are GREATLY appreciated!!!

There's a few things I wanted to comment on--

I-134 in LONDON

London will take an affidavit of support from anyone. They won't really require one from the sponsor fiance if she provides one from another person. It doesn't hurt to fill out the form anyway. London does not require a tax return as long as there is valid proof of income. A tax return is a good proof, but one can use letter from employer, pay stubs, proof of assets. They suggest two proofs but have accepted one from some people this year. The immigrant can self-sponsor by showing he has cash assets. There is no published amount, but somebody did it a few months back on $40,000. So the OP should get through London easily enough with another person serving as a sponsor. And London will approve a K1 without a tax return. I'm positive.

I-864 for AOS

This affidavit of support will be used once you marry and he applies for a greencard. It has much stricter requirements. The fiance/wife must be the primary sponsor and provide an I-864, even if she doesn't make enough money. She must supply at least one tax return or a valid legal reason why she was not required to file. Being a nanny is not an acceptable reason for not filing a tax return. There can be a joint sponsor who will also do an I-864, provide at least one tax return, proof of income, and proof of being a US citizen or legal resident. If you do AOS before April 15, 2012, then the 2010 tax return is required as evidence. If it's after April 15 (tax filing deadline), then it will be the 2011 tax return that must be sent with AOS.

Your taxes

If you earn money you need to file a tax return. There are low income earners that are not required to file. As an example--in 2010 if an unmarried person earned $ 9,350 or more, they MUST file. I don't know the 2011 amounts. So MelBee if you earn at least that much from all your jobs in 2011, you will do a tax return. Your nanny money MUST be reported even if it's handed to you in dollar bills if you are going to obey the tax laws.

People who hire employees to work in their homes are supposed to do certain things about taxes. It's even got a nickname..The Nanny Tax. So your employers are equally not following the law by paying you cash. Medicare and Social Security contributions in your name are supposed to be paid. It's around 15% but is split with half coming from the employee and half paid by the employer (above what he's paid as wages.) Here's an article about the nanny tax. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/avoid-the-nanny-tax-pitfalls-1.aspx

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.