Joandjo

After The K1 Manila Emassy Interview

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everyone with Manila embassy experience:

1.After The K1 Manila Emassy Interview, how long before you had Visa in Hand (especially for Zone 9 residents. I want to get my fiance at the best ticket price.

2.Do you think it's too risky to buy the ticket after the interview but before the Visa arrives?

All Manila Interview experience appreciated!!

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our interview is coming up so I have been reading alot about this phase. Near as I can tell most people say the the visa is delivered in 9 - 10 bus. days even in provinces. If it were me I would not buy tickets until you have the visa. Dont forget you still need CFO. Depending on your credit card or travel agent some have the ability to hold a seat so you might look into that. Jim.

Timeline

Our interview is coming up so I have been reading alot about this phase. Near as I can tell most people say the the visa is delivered in 9 - 10 bus. days even in provinces. If it were me I would not buy tickets until you have the visa. Dont forget you still need CFO. Depending on your credit card or travel agent some have the ability to hold a seat so you might look into that. Jim.

Yes of course. Thanks

Edited by Joandjo

Timeline

1.After The K1 Manila Emassy Interview, how long before you had Visa in Hand (especially for Zone 9 residents. I want to get my fiance at the best ticket price.

2.Do you think it's too risky to buy the ticket after the interview but before the Visa arrives?

Thanks

give it a time and pulse but if you are confident that's no problem.

once the visa is issued, it has an expiration of 6mos i heard and another 90days once she arrives in the US.

the further you book, the cheaper the ticket. don't buy tickets that are close to holiday, you know that.

buy round trip ticket for yourself and 1 way ticket for your fiancee.

ask the travel agent to sell you ticket that you can reschedule anytime for a year for free.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Thanks

This is in another part of VJ, but I think the responses will be more Manila specific here.

Thanks

This is in another part of VJ, but I think the responses will be more Manila specific here.

In our case, it took almost exactly two weeks for the visa to get to Butuan in Mindanao.

And we broke the rule and bought the ticket before we had the visa in hand. Once she was approved, we bought her tickets leaving about 4 weeks for the visa delivery. Of course, I don't recommend doing that, I was incredibly nervous waiting for the visa to arrive; but we were also wanting to get the best price possible.

Good luck

Timeline

Thanks

It all depends on where she lives in the Philippines..........my fiance received hers in 4 days after her interview, as she lives in the Metro Manila area (Pasig City).......I don't know where Zone 9 is located, but I bought my fiance's plane ticket right after she was approved.

Timeline

Riza was told they needed to do a review on her papers. they mentioned no specific problem. We just had to wait. It took 20 days. She lives near Gensan and now has visa in hand as of today. 2go Tracking is BS. why bother even having it??? I checked the tracking after she picked it up and it still said invalid. Whatever. :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moved one topic from AOS (as OP is not in the USA yet) to Philippines forum as question country specific and merged with duplicate topic ****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

In our case, it took almost exactly two weeks for the visa to get to Butuan in Mindanao.

And we broke the rule and bought the ticket before we had the visa in hand. Once she was approved, we bought her tickets leaving about 4 weeks for the visa delivery. Of course, I don't recommend doing that, I was incredibly nervous waiting for the visa to arrive; but we were also wanting to get the best price possible.

Good luck

Thanks for all the feedback.

1. Chinook received her visa in Bacolod ten days after her interview..

2. Chinook bought her flight after she received her visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.