Wisjam

Petition returned to USCIS

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You met in 1999 and your son is 6 years old. This means your son was born in 2005 (6 years after you met your now fiancé). The CO is thinking: if you were really interested in establishing a relationship of intimate dealings with him, why did you have to find someone else and get pregnant for him 6 years after you met with your current fiancé? If you were legally married to another man (assuming the "another" man is the father of your son), it brings some questions of 'moral values' to the fore; it's like looking for a marriage partner while still married to another man. This provokes some considerable doubts as to how genuine the relationship in question is. I don't mean to offend you; just trying to be objective as to the possible cause in order to device a tactful way around the difficulty.

No offense taken. I was thinking the same thing. My fiance did say that she asked where the father was. He said that he didn't know. It was an unplanned pregnancy and the father left while I was still pregnant.All true.So it clearly couldn't have been an issue of me looking for another man while still in a relationship. I have never been married. The reason we didn't establish a relationship in 1999 was because we were young. We cared about each other and stayed in touch over the years, but he really didn't want to move to the US and I wasn't looking to get married. I was still in college. Once we grew up a little, we decided that we were very good together and were compatible on a number of levels and would make a good couple. He is wonderful with my son, he's loyal,loving, respectful, works hard, expects nothing that he doesn't earn, and we really get each other. He has all of the qualities that I, as an adult now, find important in a partner.

We are planning on speaking tonight. I will get the full detailed scoop and post it tomorrow.

BGs3Yl.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay, I spoke with my fiance. Here's the whole (very small)enchelada. It was a very short interview. They called him up, asked for his paperwork and told him to sit down. They called him up again, swore him in and took a thumb scan.

CO: What is your fiancee's name? (He told her my first and last name)

CO: When did you meet? (1999)

CO: How did you meet? (She was down visiting her mom in Trelawny with friends and we met and spent time together) My mom lived in Jamaica for a few years.

CO: When were you engaged? (2009)

CO: Do you have any pictures? Showed pictures of us from 1999-present, including some of us with my son at 1 1/2 and 5 years to show time better. (she didn't ask/say anything about the photos).

CO: Do you have any children? (Yes 1)

CO: Does she have any children? (yes 1)

CO: Is it yours? (No)

Do you know the father? (No, it was an accidental pregnancy) He meant that the father and I were not committed and was not given time to explain further.

CO took a picture of us in 1999 and walked away, returning with a white paper.

From what I see, he did not get a chance to fully answer the last question before she walked away to get the paper. What do you guys think?

Secondly, our petition expires next week. What are our options?

BGs3Yl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your case is not over yet. It may just take additional time. In the mean time, your case will be returned for further questioning. Have a talk with your hubby, make sure you are both on the same page. And finally, get ready for the time when USCIS will contack you for possible revocation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.